[2.2] Crit Freezing Pulser Elementalist - Perandus HC / 83k GMP Pulse

OP, what do you think about going EB MoM ZO. It seems it would work and with stone golem it would solve all mana issues. You could then drop clarity and reserve all mana for auras and still have over 4k life. Just a thought. Ty for posting the build.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
I almost wanted to make a guide for my own freezing pulse elementalist, glad to see someone already done that.

Hehe, saved your keyboard here :p

It's been very good, atleast since Talisman patch. It was my first caster build ever and before I made it, I saw in Talisman patchnotes, that FP and Glacial Cascade are getting buffed and both being cold skills, I could try either one if the other one was bad. Glad it turned out, that Freezing Pulse is as good as it is.

"
Gibbonsj01 wrote:
OP, what do you think about going EB MoM ZO. It seems it would work and with stone golem it would solve all mana issues. You could then drop clarity and reserve all mana for auras and still have over 4k life. Just a thought. Ty for posting the build.

Hello. I haven't actually tried that, It requires some more skill points to take all that, but IF, if I decide not to make the reaver this league at all, I will try that out in few more levels. :)

Currently I use Vaal Clarity for bosses and such, so it is 16 seconds do-whatever-you-like mode, which helped a lot for the map videos I made.
Last edited by Juhazzz on Mar 24, 2016, 4:40:39 PM
Just wondering, can rat's nest be BiS for the build? Got one witch 25% FP dmg enchantment.
"
Emdezetius wrote:
Just wondering, can rat's nest be BiS for the build? Got one witch 25% FP dmg enchantment.

I think the FP range enchantment is the best.
"
Emdezetius wrote:

Hello. Sure it's a very good option indeed, you get some speed for Whirling Blades, Crit chane, movement speed and that enchantment you got there. I would totally use it!

"
Vulpix0r wrote:

I think the FP range enchantment is the best.

That's a nice one :O Sadly, I was very very pushed away from the labyrinth. I disliked it even more than I personally dislike Atziri, and wanted to just be quickly done with it and NEVER go back again, gonna miss out on all the enchantments.
But we already have so much powerful characters in the game, that it's not really gonna be a mandatory.

I was actually truly hoping for some sick buff for monsters in Ascendancy and make the game not-casual again, instead the opposite happened :)
Pre-nerf Invasion was the best time of PoE so far :)
How do you deal with chaos damage? What is your Chaos resist?
"
Honsales wrote:
How do you deal with chaos damage? What is your Chaos resist?

-60% chaos resist, never in 3 years have needed chaos resist in this game, except Invasion bosses pre-nerf. It's not an issue even for melee characters.
Hey OP

You did advice using a high-armour shield later on in the game. My question would be - why not use a high ES or ES/ER shield, since we took several nodes giving us increased ES and some increased Evasion Rating. And would "Rathpith Globe" be an option?

Thanks!
Last edited by Jokix10 on Mar 26, 2016, 6:45:35 AM
"
Jokix10 wrote:
Hey OP

You did advice using a high-armour shield later on in the game. My question would be - why not use a high ES or ES/ER shield, since we took several nodes giving us increased ES and some increased Evasion Rating. And would "Rathpith Globe" be an option?

Thanks!

Hello. Well the thing is, you really want to have some sort of armor to mitigate the physical damage, and we have a few Shield Defense nodes from the tree, so we will get our armor from just one item alone, which would be the shield in this case. The rest gear should then be Eva/Es based stuff, so we benefit from those nodes aswell.

This tree has pretty much zero Armor% from tree so you don't want to use Armor based items, because it will pretty much give no more armor than it's base value on the item is. The shield on the other hand, we will hugely benefit from the shield defense nodes on the tree, so that's why the shield should always be armor based in this build.

Last league I had around 5.5k armor and 6k evasion with my mapping setup, also 32% block is what I had there. This league I'm first time (and for sure the last time) ever using (Dried Lake farming only) pure es+life gears and it's so fucking bad, I don't even know how to explain it, yet understand how some people can actually play without having armor at all, even worse what I imagined it would be.
When I freeze things it's ok, but when something comes through the freezes, it hurts so damn much and I decided to start making the reaver which will abuse the shield nodes even more and being on the dex side of the tree, will aswell have a ton of evasion, not to forget capped block and spell block, while dealing even more damage than this pulser does fully buffed.
For those going for late game mapping, feel free to check my profile with Vulpulse. Made it to Château maps, I can handle almost every ridiculous map mod other than ele reflect, even blood magic. My boots, gloves and helmet enchantments are probably what you should be aiming for to min-max.

The only issue I have now is having to swap between controlled and faster casting for Temporal Chain maps. Slows me down too much without faster casting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info