[2.6] TankyTwirl - PhysSpell CoC Cyclone

Currently leveling as this build right now, and already loving the free movement with trickster. But I have a question, and I apologize if this has been asked before. But wouldn't the last 2 points as Trickster be better suited for Damage over time, then take poison support late game and just rely on jewels to get life leech? Obviously this is way more late game, and more expensive, but it would be worth doing if possible right?
@Volkspirit

You cant get Leech from Spells from Jewels, they only have Physical attack Damage Leeched as Life.

You could however rely on Warlords + Doryanis Belt leech but thats lots less leech then LL Gem versus Bosses.

I also think that the 30% increased DoT is never better than the 16% more you get from Frenzy charges.

However you can´t keep up Frenzy charges in fights like Uber or Daresso anyway, but i don´tthink you would want to do those fights without a LL gem anyway.

TL:DR - You could do that swap to Poison Gem but its just not my style to do a build. Ithink Frenzys are better in either case.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jul 5, 2016, 11:41:25 PM
Ah, I thought Physical Attack just meant any physical damage. My bad, I'm still relatively new and wasn't entirely sure. Love the build, and thanks for the fast and informative response.

EDIT: I just had a thought, and sorry for staying on this subject, just curious to all the possibilities of the build. But, will Adder's Touch proc on Bladefall and EK or only on the cyclone damage aka not very good.
Last edited by Volkspirit on Jul 5, 2016, 11:50:37 PM
Most Skill Gems have "Attack" or "Spell" as Tag.

These a fundamentaly different things in PoE Language, yes normaly you could say "i attack this guy with Bladefall" but in PoE Bladefall is not a Attack an no Attack modifications will work on it.

For the Adders Touch thing: The wording "with Daggers" means that it applies to damage dealt with tha Dagger, not just any damage you deal while wielding a Dagger.

There are some of these global "while wielding" nodes, see Serpent Stance/blunt Trauma, but Adders touch is just for Attacks made with Daggers and can´t work for Spells.

If the wording would be "chance to poison while wielding a Dagger" it would indeed be a very very strong node for this build.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Ah ok. Didn't understand the wording, so thank's again for a very informative response. Still a lot I don't understand with this game xD
Hi, I'm running this build right now. I really like this build. For now, I have 9.7k ES without Discipline at level 78. Can I use Hatred, HoI and Blasphemy Warloads, instead of using life leech gem? As I can link a power charge on crit gem to make power charges more stable (I can have 5-6 charges all the times when running maps). Do you think its a correct thought?

Thank you
Thanks for this guide.

I wanted to get anyone's thoughts really on this build versus Blast Rain CoC (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1622354). They both seem similar except the BR is pure HP/EVA build and this one is ES/CI. They both use phys dmg to scale phys spells.

I am playing in HC and I was wondering if this build is safe enough to do so. The BR build I thought was pretty safe as 1. you stay at a distance, and 2. I always fire mirror arrow infront of me and my clone takes all the dmg. Plus life leech, so I felt pretty safe with 5k hp doing T6-T7 maps.

Any comments appreciated from anyone knowledgeable.
Last edited by ivqancorp on Jul 6, 2016, 3:34:41 PM
Did my first ever T14 Map with these mods http://imgur.com/a/0ofTP and it was a complete cakewalk (it was before I got the multimodded dagger on my profile as well). Prepping for Atziri soon, any advice on how to handle it? Never done it before, all I know is don't have quality on EK to prevent mirror phase death.

Also I bought this dagger yesterday:

Just wanted to make sure, the increased physical damage scales bladefall and EK damage right? Just hoping it's not a wasted stat.
Last edited by Trovatour on Jul 6, 2016, 5:25:47 PM
@WES07

If you skip back soem pages you can find my thoughts on not using the LL Gem.

Short Version: I don´t like it because bosses reduce the Leech from Warlords. If you like it feel free to do so but i won´t put that option in the guide because i really not a fan of it.

@ivqancorp

I don´t play HC atm but there were soem players using this build in HC up to high levels.

So i guess its viable but i can´t help you much comparing it to a 5k ifebased ranged build.

@Trovatour

Guess i have to dissapoint you, the Physical Damage on Daggers is local only.

Rule of Thumb: If the mod can modifie thebase values of the item its local.

So a Rustic Sash has no own Phys damage so the modhas to be global, a weaponhas its own damage so its local.

I would throw a Divine at the Dagger the crafts for Crit Chance and Spell damage are both pretty low.

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jul 6, 2016, 8:28:22 PM
"

@Trovatour

Guess i have to dissapoint you, the Physical Damage on Daggers is local only.

Rule of Thumb: If the mod can modifie thebase values of the item its local.

So a Rustic Sash has no own Phys damage so the modhas to be global, a weaponhas its own damage so its local.

I would throw a Divine at the Dagger the crafts for Crit Chance and Spell damage are both pretty low.

Ah, that's definitely pretty disappointing, but best I know now so I don't make the same mistake. Before I mod the dagger any more would you suggest keeping it or selling it off and buying a dagger with added flat lightning damage to spells or something?

I probably bought the dagger for way more than it's worth (3.5 Ex) so I'd probably lose money in the end if I want to get rid of it soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info