(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

"
Norse wrote:
Anyone know if this does more dmg with bloodmagic and a clearmind jewel or auras?

Hatred alongside Herald of Ash will almost certainly provide higher damage than Clear Mind.

Level 20 Hatred - 36% of physical damage added as cold damage
Level 20, quality 20 HoA - 15% of physical damage added as fire damage and 15% increased fire damage

Clear Mind - Up to 60% increased spell damage

However, bear in mind that the damage added by Hatred and HoA is multiplicative with all physicaal damage whereas the increased Clear Mind damage is additive with all other increased damage bonuses (the quality bonus from HoA is however additive) - thus Clear Mind's bonus suffers from diminishing returns.

===========
Some actual numbers using my character as an example.

Tooltip DPS per totem without Clear Mind, Hatred or HoA - 24.8K
Tooltip DPS with 49% Clear Mind - 26.8K
Tooltip DPS with Level 19 HoA (zero quality) and Level 19 Hatred - 34.7K

As you can see, HoA plus Hatred is much better due to diminishing returns working against Clear Mind.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 22, 2016, 12:32:13 AM
I really love this build. Never had I this feeling during the game of dealing enough damage while being safe as fuck :p Just did Merc Malachai on my LvL 77 BFTotem on a 4L with 1 death (because I failed hard). Gonna make a video of it some time. Thanks for sharing!
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Norse wrote:
Anyone know if this does more dmg with bloodmagic and a clearmind jewel or auras?

Hatred alongside Herald of Ash will almost certainly provide higher damage than Clear Mind.

Level 20 Hatred - 36% of physical damage added as cold damage
Level 20, quality 20 HoA - 15% of physical damage added as fire damage and 15% increased fire damage

Clear Mind - Up to 60% increased spell damage

However, bear in mind that the damage added by Hatred and HoA is multiplicative with all physicaal damage whereas the increased Clear Mind damage is additive with all other increased damage bonuses (the quality bonus from HoA is however additive) - thus Clear Mind's bonus suffers from diminishing returns.

===========
Some actual numbers using my character as an example.

Tooltip DPS per totem without Clear Mind, Hatred or HoA - 24.8K
Tooltip DPS with 49% Clear Mind - 26.8K
Tooltip DPS with Level 19 HoA (zero quality) and Level 19 Hatred - 34.7K

As you can see, HoA plus Hatred is much better due to diminishing returns working against Clear Mind.

Hatred will give more dps almost always for the exact reasons listed above. Additive vs multiplicative is the name of the game when it comes to scaling your dps and for that reason hoa/hatred will always be superior.
LightyGaming.com
"
trookschluss wrote:
I really love this build. Never had I this feeling during the game of dealing enough damage while being safe as fuck :p Just did Merc Malachai on my LvL 77 BFTotem on a 4L with 1 death (because I failed hard). Gonna make a video of it some time. Thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoy it, feel free to post the video here so I can check it out
LightyGaming.com
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Unk_Particle wrote:
My condolences

When I saw "RIP vid" note I thought You were dead by some lighting thorns or some other sh.. . But not like that... .

Hope to see You soon with new build :)

+1

Yeah shit happens, just gota reroll and move on. Now im testing builds for ascendancy with my unlimited standard funds since the leagues getting old.
LightyGaming.com
"
Neflak wrote:
ever thought of using Phase in one of the CWDT, maybe instead of chain?

Was also curious if you had tried out the CWDT at different levels or why you just chose to keep them at level 1? I just got done doing a duel flame totem marauder with self cast enduring cry and 9 CWDT/11 immortal cry, so I was just curious if you'd done any testing or how you came to decide on the level to leave it at.

Great build, got it to 50 in a night, didn't really start to pick up until the 40s when I got 2nd totem.

I prefer to keep cwdt level 1 to keep my golem at 100% uptime and since it just use IC for burst protection it isn't a problem imo. Phase run is perfectly fine since it effectively drops agro on you so if your planning on running a warcry Its a decent option.
LightyGaming.com
Hi Lighty!
Thanks for another great guide.

My question are about the choice of movement skill.

Is there more reasons for not going Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify then the obvious one in coloring the wand?
I was thinking going either dagger with high spell damage and 150% crit to spells so i at least cover the reduction of controlled Destruction or just go wand and colour it with Vorici at rank 7 (2G+1R)

Imo this will be good defensively as iam playing THC.

What do you think?
Lighty

thanks for build guide, as I'm finally jumping on the blade fall train. At what level were you able to sustain the Wrath/HoA/Clarity combo?

Thanks

"
Cranibal wrote:
Lighty

thanks for build guide, as I'm finally jumping on the blade fall train. At what level were you able to sustain the Wrath/HoA/Clarity combo?

Thanks

After getting sovereignty I can run all 3 without issue, which was around 40-50ish depending on how much life you want.
LightyGaming.com
"
Fuzze1 wrote:
Hi Lighty!
Thanks for another great guide.

My question are about the choice of movement skill.

Is there more reasons for not going Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify then the obvious one in coloring the wand?
I was thinking going either dagger with high spell damage and 150% crit to spells so i at least cover the reduction of controlled Destruction or just go wand and colour it with Vorici at rank 7 (2G+1R)

Imo this will be good defensively as iam playing THC.

What do you think?

So the reason I dont use whirling blades as a movement skill is I dont find it better than warp unless im an attack speed build, which im not. As for fortify it only works if im hitting something and I dont plan on standing near any mob as totems on hc; that's the opposite of what your trying to accomplish as a totems players.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info