(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

"
Thanks Lighty for a cool build , what would be the suggested gear for the crit. witch variation ? anyone else tried it ?

You can check my char "Merkarala". She's not perfect in any way, but you should get an idea. Around 25k with auras.
Last edited by Dowd on Feb 5, 2016, 12:13:25 PM
Are you going to update this when the patch notes goes public?

Considering doing you bladefall totem build as a first build next league :)
"
Holtze wrote:
Are you going to update this when the patch notes goes public?

Considering doing you bladefall totem build as a first build next league :)

Yep im going to update the tree for 2.2 and figure out which ascendancy setup is best. The gear choices or gem setup wont change at all. Should have all this up tonight.
LightyGaming.com
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 3, 2016, 12:35:12 AM

2.2 passive tree with scion subclass. I'm not 100% sure its possible but Chieftain and Juggernaut seem best for what we want.The remaining 2 points should go into 40dex ranger and 20dex/str duelist to save up attribute hassle. Also if you've Killed Recently work if your totems kill shit but Kills made by totems are credited to the creator so you gain the effects sadly.

2.2 Scion Passive Tree (final)

Juggernaut
  • 30% increased Armour
  • Cannot be Chilled
  • 10% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you are Hit
  • You can't be Stunned while you're at maximum Endurance Charges

Chieftain
  • 15% chance to Ignite
  • 30% increased Damage while you have a Totem
  • Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently
  • Regenerate 2% of Maximum Life per second while you have a Totem

Bladefall Nerf
Bladefall had a bug that caused its damage per volley reduction to apply too early, reducing the damage of the first four stages. This has been fixed, which has raised its damage. To compensate, Bladefall's damage has been reduced by 25% at all levels. Bladefall now does 6% less damage per stage (up from 5%). Its damage effectiveness has been reduced from 120% to 90%.

Essentially its 30% nerfed but still 100% viable for HC Perandus.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 3, 2016, 12:34:17 AM
Do you think Scion still is the best choice for this or maybe other class subclass will work better?
"
Lighty wrote:

Bladefall Nerf
Bladefall had a bug that caused its damage per volley reduction to apply too early, reducing the damage of the first four stages. This has been fixed, which has raised its damage. To compensate, Bladefall's damage has been reduced by 25% at all levels. Bladefall now does 6% less damage per stage (up from 5%). Its damage effectiveness has been reduced from 120% to 90%.

That's not what is stated above.

Volley reduction applied too early = less damage was applied in 2.1.

This has now been fixed and because BF now has higher damage output than before they decreased the numerical damage at all levels by 25% to compensate.

I read that as it now does exactly the same amount of damage as before!

What HAS been nerfed is the 5->6% less damage per stage and the damage effectiveness, all of which I think does not really matter.

So yeah, your tooltip probably will show a smaller number, but in reality the damage output is almost (5->6% and 120%->90%) the same.
You can't take two ascendancies from the same subclass, so I would probably swap juggernaut for hierophant for 1 additional totem.
"
Zavake wrote:
You can't take two ascendancies from the same subclass, so I would probably swap juggernaut for hierophant for 1 additional totem.

Hierophant doesn't actually let you place an additional totem. It allows you to cast an extra totem which is socketed in your helmet (so an extra 4L totem) which isn't that great.
"
"
Lighty wrote:

Bladefall Nerf

That's not what is stated above.

Volley reduction applied too early = less damage was applied in 2.1.

This has now been fixed and because BF now has higher damage output than before they decreased the numerical damage at all levels by 25% to compensate.

I read that as it now does exactly the same amount of damage as before!

What HAS been nerfed is the 5->6% less damage per stage and the damage effectiveness, all of which I think does not really matter.

So yeah, your tooltip probably will show a smaller number, but in reality the damage output is almost (5->6% and 120%->90%) the same.

You are correct and I misread it, Bladefall totems is perfectly fine then.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info