PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

The Winter Mystery Box - Including New and Exclusive Microtransactions!

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
ITT people complaining about RNG.

I think the most ridiculous posts here are the "i wont buy this unless the you cant get duplicates anymore".

The majority of items in the box are worth far more than the cost, losing 15 GGG points on a few duplicates really isnt that bad when you take into consideration that quite a few of these are well above a 15 point cost, many being worth over 100 points.

If you want to complain about real scumbag box opening practices, please direct yourself to CS:GO and the new model theyve been doing for the past year with TF2 crates. The chances of you getting anything of value in those games are soo abyssmal you need to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to even have the chance of breaking even.

Would you rather pay 15 GGG points or spend $2.50 on a key for one of those games knowing that the chance of you getting something of equal value of the key you spent is practically non-existent ? I seriously wonder how many people here complaining have ever done any unboxing in other games, it doesnt seem like many since soo many people are complaining and calling GGG "unethical" and other names because they got some bad RNG.

But I'm playing poe, not other games
So I complain about it
If I'd played other games I'd complain about them and their systems (which are anyway different since you can sell for real money and trade that boxes)

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
ITT people complaining about RNG.

I think the most ridiculous posts here are the "i wont buy this unless the you cant get duplicates anymore".

The majority of items in the box are worth far more than the cost, losing 15 GGG points on a few duplicates really isnt that bad when you take into consideration that quite a few of these are well above a 15 point cost, many being worth over 100 points.

If you want to complain about real scumbag box opening practices, please direct yourself to CS:GO and the new model theyve been doing for the past year with TF2 crates. The chances of you getting anything of value in those games are soo abyssmal you need to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to even have the chance of breaking even.

Would you rather pay 15 GGG points or spend $2.50 on a key for one of those games knowing that the chance of you getting something of equal value of the key you spent is practically non-existent ? I seriously wonder how many people here complaining have ever done any unboxing in other games, it doesnt seem like many since soo many people are complaining and calling GGG "unethical" and other names because they got some bad RNG.

Those who tend to spend cash on MTX most likely already have all the old effects they want. They are getting a "virtual" duplicate on the first appearance. In case you get expensive MTX you will never use, simply because you don't like it, the actual value to you is zero, no matter if it normally would sell for 280+ points.

Promised myself not to post here anymore, but those "where is the problem?" posts..

Last edited by Schiriki on Dec 19, 2015, 5:09:49 AM
Just set yourself a goal (like completing an act or something alike) and just get one box every time u reach this preset goal.
I don't see the fun in getting a stack of 50 boxes and opening them at once, be patient and stick to your goal's and then it actually is fun, perhaps it pleases RNGesuz? or it pisses him off :)
Oh, and I've set myself a limit of 300 points max. so no more then 20 boxes for me.
"
This event is very interesting, mainly because this is gambling and it is a gamble where the odds are unknown and many of the participants are children or young adults. While this may not actually step over the line to illegal, it is definitely immoral.

GGG, Allowing people to believe that these "exclusive" prizes are reasonably obtainable, asking them to enter into an unknown gamble, and then stacking the odds against them, is not a morally justifiable action. Please help your "supporters" be responsible and provide information and odds when asking them to gamble "points" purchased with real money.

If you plan on buying these winter boxes, please be responsible and set a budget.

Gambling advice is everywhere and they all cover what you have said, we all know this, this is more a personality thing not an information thing
Few holes in your argument. Most kids wont have money to throw at this game like some people so i doubt they would get more then a box or two and the adults here arent some bar drunks, if they want to buy boxes that is their adult decison.
Its nice you care for other people but this is not illegal or immoral in the least, you obviously just dont like the idea which is your biased opinion. Also, im sure they can bar themselves, GGG is pretty helpful :).
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
Correct me if im am wrong but i dont think there is any exclusive armour sets? I think the pets are exclusive. Just seen someone upset and complaining they didn't get the "whole" exclusive Armour set?
Well they did this before but the theme was fire and you could get pieces of the "fire set" and that is not exclusive.
Apologies if i am wrong but please go read what you are gambling on before raving about your gambling hangover.
Thing about gambling is you arent guarenteed every meat raffel platter unless you have every ticket. Thats gambling, now stop feeling ripped off and stop trying to manipulate full armour sets, its not gonna happen.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
TwelveYears wrote:
Correct me if im am wrong but i dont think there is any exclusive armour sets? I think the pets are exclusive. Just seen someone upset and complaining they didn't get the "whole" exclusive Armour set?
Well they did this before but the theme was fire and you could get pieces of the "fire set" and that is not exclusive.
Apologies if i am wrong but please go read what you are gambling on before raving about your gambling hangover.
Thing about gambling is you arent guarenteed every meat raffel platter unless you have every ticket. Thats gambling, now stop feeling ripped off and stop trying to manipulate full armour sets, its not gonna happen.

Oh, so someone tried to manipulate full armour sets? Where? That's a pretty offensive statement. Those who invested lost the right to criticize? Interesting.
Last edited by Schiriki on Dec 19, 2015, 9:19:23 AM
got 3 Gloves from the frost armor set -_-

Possible to get atleast 1 Chest Armor from the Supprot ? :((
Not worth at all, brought 20 of them and basicly got a shittone of dupes of ice crowns and cold grasp effects, oh and lets not forget all the northen light effects, got a shittone of that too.
I'm curious,did anyone get the full armor set?
If so,how many boxes did it take?
"
Schiriki wrote:
"
TwelveYears wrote:

Oh, so someone tried to manipulate full armour sets? Where? That's a pretty offensive statement. Those who invested lost the right to criticize? Interesting.

If you buy boxes purely to get the complete armour set then yes, you are. Sorry if you are mad. Plus, people are getting many of the exclusive items which are the lights and decorations. Try reading first.
Definitions:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info