The Winter Mystery Box - Including New and Exclusive Microtransactions!

"
After buying about 50 packs just getting thrice the Gloves and x-times the same stuff?? What the heck?...Extremely lousy odds to get a full set if you ask me...Questionable policy, just like the last time with this gamble thing. Won't buy another gamble pack ever, until GGG guarantees, that the same armour set items won't be given multiple times. Don't want to imagine, how many packs you need to buy to get a full exclusive armour set...Maybe I should ask Warren Buffett to lend me a few bucks.

Certainly feel ripped off...

Hi Schiriki

Well this gentlemen had full sets on his mind as he mentions it and dont tell me he is the only one. Again, reading helps before making silly statements.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
TwelveYears wrote:
"
After buying about 50 packs just getting thrice the Gloves and x-times the same stuff?? What the heck?...Extremely lousy odds to get a full set if you ask me...Questionable policy, just like the last time with this gamble thing. Won't buy another gamble pack ever, until GGG guarantees, that the same armour set items won't be given multiple times. Don't want to imagine, how many packs you need to buy to get a full exclusive armour set...Maybe I should ask Warren Buffett to lend me a few bucks.

Certainly feel ripped off...

Hi Schiriki

Well this gentlemen had full sets on his mind as he mentions it and dont tell me he is the only one. Again, reading helps before making silly statements.

He is writing about his feelings/impressions and conclusions, nowhere does he ask for free stuff.

Just stop offending people for no reason.
Lots of good, reasonable suggestions posted for the boxes.

I'm sure the devs will read through this thread and sort out a better way to do it in the future. I think the biggest problem is how the announcement was worded, as it seems to have confused a lot a people regarding the exclusivity of the items in the box. I can see it being especially difficult for those who have English as a second language, considering a lot of native speakers didn't understand it on first read-thru.

Just a tip for the future though, if the box doesn't have anything high-value and exclusive, you probably shouldn't buy more boxes than the total approximate value of the highest value item.
Last edited by EricShade on Dec 20, 2015, 12:20:12 AM
"
Schiriki wrote:

He is writing about his feelings/impressions and conclusions, nowhere does he ask for free stuff.

You are offended because you cant read properly. This is going no where enjoy whatever you are on about.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
TwelveYears wrote:
"
Schiriki wrote:

You are offended because you cant read properly. This is going no where enjoy whatever you are on about.

Just quote where exactly he wants to "manipulate" and I will try to read closely. It's feedback mixed with some disappointment.

As I already told you, please stop insulting me for no reason.
"
TwelveYears wrote:
"
Schiriki wrote:

@TwelveYears: Each thread needs its troll, right? Here it's you. So Mr. troll how about minding your own business? Nobody asked for your opinion. Did you even buy a single pack or did you just come by to get on other peoples' nerves?

I've invested about 600 points for this gamble. My own fault? Partly, because I was dumb enough to trust GGG having so much decency and intelligence as to at least not give people the same armour parts multiple times IF they happen to get any armour part at all.
Question is how many packs you will need to buy until you get a full armour set. I guess thousands of points will be needed for that if you repeatedly get the same parts of the armour set.

Also promoting armour sets in videos and at the same time talking about exlusivity of course can send the wrong message, GGG. As I see I'm not the only one having made a mistake in believing the armour set was exclusive to this box sale.
It's the same questionable marketing procedure as with the Infernal box sale several months back.

This sale could have been solved more intelligently by giving people at least different armour parts after buying a more or less specific amount of packs.

GGG always talks about fairness. I expect the same from them for their supporters!

If GGG doesn't see any reason to change their mystery box policy, this was definitely the last time, I'm going to take part in any further such sales. Invested enough money as a long time supporter already, thus really don't see any reason to put up with this indecent handling of GGG's.

Yeah, right, as if anyone would buy these boxes just for exlusive hideout decorations...I'm pretty sure most people try to get parts of the armour set. And then you get tons of the same effects after another. Great gamble...NOT! Epic fail of a handling by GGG.
True intent: Burning peoples' points for...yeah for what exactly...the same effects over and over again? How nice of you GGG. I'm used better than this from you! Of course I know you need to live somehow, but this is not the way to go!
Last edited by DemonBloodbath on Dec 20, 2015, 9:38:16 AM
What stuff is exclusive? I guess just the northern light stuff.. Cuz I want that wolf and lynx, but I dunno if I should gamble more or wait for them to come to the shop?... right now it feels like a bad choise to gamble if they gonna get to the shop anyway.. Alrdy bought alot of em boxes and i dont want more northern lights..

Anyway, its awesome looking effects! keep em comin guys!
May the RNG be with you.
"
Tupelo wrote:
What stuff is exclusive? I guess just the northern light stuff.. Cuz I want that wolf and lynx, but I dunno if I should gamble more or wait for them to come to the shop?... right now it feels like a bad choise to gamble if they gonna get to the shop anyway.. Alrdy bought alot of em boxes and i dont want more northern lights..

Anyway, its awesome looking effects! keep em comin guys!

Depends if you like the other stuff the gamble boxes offer and how much of that other stuff you already own. If you just want the armour set, I suggest to wait until the set will be available as a microtransaction. Otherwise if you also like the other Ice themed stuff you can buy these packs, but as you already said: the stuff will keep repeating itself and you'll waste your money on the duplicates...
Last edited by DemonBloodbath on Dec 20, 2015, 9:34:25 AM
WOLF SOUND EFFECT ANNOYING AS HELL!!!

seriously WTF!!!

glad i dont have one
they annoying as hell when sitting in town (checking gear, passives, trading etc)
every 15 seconds same crappy sound effect over and over
the huff puff particularly
omfg now while iam alt+tabbed i hear one they just came in town
SOB!!!
Last edited by CaoMengde on Dec 20, 2015, 12:06:46 PM
"
Yeah, right, as if anyone would buy these boxes just for exlusive hideout decorations...

Not to be argumentative or anything, but I would gladly trade each and every duplicate effect/armour piece I got for more Ice Crystals. Those things are awesome as far as I'm concerned. They are the only thing that are making me consider purchasing more boxes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info