The Winter Mystery Box - Including New and Exclusive Microtransactions!

"
Mammatus wrote:
They have done this before and its a good idea on their part.
The armour mtx will be released a month from now they way they did with infernal armour set.

It's just a way for them to get the supported pack supporters do dump their point balances.

It makes sense from a business standpoint.

If you really want the armour set just wait for it to be released.

I just like to gamble and want it now to show off even though I wouldn't wear it after a day.

The problem is they make it SEEM like the armor set is exclusive, when the video shows it is not. Making people buy points on that alone is bad IMO.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Such a well made video, nice job GGG.
get always the same garbage northern light effect 4 time in a row :( last time i buy box get always screw
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Dec 16, 2015, 11:13:15 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
What's in the Winter Mystery Boxes?

This Mystery Box introduces many new microtransactions and contains some that are exclusive to the holiday season, including the Northern Light Effect (stack of 10), the Ice Crystal Hideout Decoration (5 variations you can select between) and the Snow Hideout decoration. In addition to these exclusive microtransactions (which can only be obtained from this box or future holiday events), we've also introduced many new microtransactions that we'll be adding to the store a month after the box has gone off sale. These include the Arctic Lynx Pet, Wolf Pet and pieces of the new Arctic Armour Set! Here are videos of its Body Armour, Helmet, Boots and Gloves.

Can you start selling these immediately after the boxes are out of the mtx store? It's winter here in North America, specifically Canada! 'Tis the season for snowy mtx's, yah?

I'm not a gambler, I've never been one. I promise you you'll make more money from this customer/gamer/fan if you just put these things in the mtx store for sale. I may buy a couple boxes, but my golden rule will still stand: I quit once I receive a duplicate that serves me absolutely no purpose (I have no use for 3 Infernal Weapon Effects, so I stopped opening boxes after I could dual wield those effects, and that was only after opening 3 boxes GGG!).

Our mtx stash pages are already cluttered and awful to look at, since we have no way to organize them ourselves, we don't need pages and pages of mtx stash space which just create visual pollution and mental frustration due to all of the possible duplicates we can get in this RNG/gamble.

I understand the appeal, getting mtx effects that cost well over $20USD for possibly only paying $1.50USD, the allure of getting the new armour effect a month before anyone else can buy it and wear it, but I feel for the people that will try to attain these goals. It's going to be Emberwake all over again for people that have no control, and the only person they will blame is GGG, and it's not completely unfair of the individual to do so, they understood the risk going in, but in the end they still feel cheated.

Perhaps these are meant for the supporters whom have thousands of points saved up, I don't know what your motivation is as a game company, but your only motivation should be (other than making a great game) is to make bank, baby. Supporters spending already available points is not generating new revenue, you already have that money.

There's already plenty of RNG in this game, it doesn't need to be attached to the actual money I choose to spend to support this company, as is the case with these mystery boxes. That is just my humble opinion. And regardless of my opinions, I hope this is successful for GGG in generating more money to keep developing the game.
Last edited by Illuvatar_82 on Dec 16, 2015, 11:17:49 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

This Mystery Box introduces many new microtransactions and contains some that are exclusive to the holiday season, including the Northern Light Effect (stack of 10), the Ice Crystal Hideout Decoration (5 variations you can select between) and the Snow Hideout decoration. In addition to these exclusive microtransactions (which can only be obtained from this box or future holiday events), we've also introduced many new microtransactions that we'll be adding to the store a month after the box has gone off sale. These include the Arctic Lynx Pet, Wolf Pet and pieces of the new Arctic Armour Set! Here are videos of its Body Armour, Helmet, Boots and Gloves.

MAIN POST
"

The boxes also include new and exclusive microtransactions like the Arctic Armour Set, Northern Light Effect, Arctic Lynx Pet, Ice Crystal Hideout Decoration and the Wolf Pet!

Might want to update? No?

This is why you have an influx of players buying points/boxes because they think they are exclusive.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Dec 16, 2015, 11:22:11 PM
"
Hixxie wrote:
"
Mammatus wrote:
They have done this before and its a good idea on their part.
The armour mtx will be released a month from now they way they did with infernal armour set.

It's just a way for them to get the supported pack supporters do dump their point balances.

It makes sense from a business standpoint.

If you really want the armour set just wait for it to be released.

I just like to gamble and want it now to show off even though I wouldn't wear it after a day.

The problem is they make it SEEM like the armor set is exclusive, when the video shows it is not. Making people buy points on that alone is bad IMO.

Didn't think about that and can see your point.
I don't see it like that because I know otherwise but others might be ignorant.

SHORT and the HAIRY:
=- =- -= -= -= =- -==- =- -= -= -= -= -= =- =- -= -= -= -= -=

The arctic armour set is not exclusive, and for that matter very little is (if at all).
Since the armour set and pets will be sold a month later,
the only thing that appears to be exclusive is the consumable and uber common:
Northern Lights.

Snow effect and crystal will be sold again for a limited time and everything else, besides the 'Lights, is or will be available in the shop (with occasional sales discounts).

As for all the peculiar wording in the post, GGG has learned their lessons from such things as
Valentine Heart,
Rolling Head,
Demon Hand,
and Decapitation.

TLDR:
If you want to gamble then gamble.
May the force be with you, Padwan.
Last edited by Azraphael on Dec 16, 2015, 11:52:36 PM
Got two sets of Arctic Boots and some pets...the rest are now useless portals and things that clog up my MTX inventory. Can't stack these things, and this really goes to show that GGG needs to be able to let us organize said tabs...this is beyond stupid. Should've personally held onto my points and waited, but at least the pets make up for it some and the armor pieces I guess I can get later.

But a word to the wise...if you have points...don't waste them on this. Save them for a sale if you can, and especially if you don't want a clogged MTX inventory that you can't organize... :\
Ayy a bunch of northern lights
"
Hixxie wrote:

MAIN POST
"

The boxes also include new and exclusive microtransactions like the Arctic Armour Set, Northern Light Effect, Arctic Lynx Pet, Ice Crystal Hideout Decoration and the Wolf Pet!

Might want to update? No?

This is why you have an influx of players buying points/boxes because they think they are exclusive.

Also from the MAIN POST

"

Yep "Reading" the Whole-Post Helps...
SSF since ~OB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info