The Winter Mystery Box - Including New and Exclusive Microtransactions!

Um, chest please:(
"
Lesson learned.

If only I could stick to my word!!
495 points spent. Notable results:
(these things are awesome. wish I got more)
(only 5 from these boxes. other 10 were from last year)
(x3. bleh)
(x90!)

33 boxes total
345 points considered well spent
160 points I would gladly trade the items back in for
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Dec 16, 2015, 10:38:24 PM
I spent 2,800 Points. Here is my loot. No armour :(

In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]
"
Hixxie wrote:
Is there any guarantee these will return next Winter, with all said mtx?

Sorry to say but this feels like an incredible money grab.
I would rather buy the armor set or exclusive items for Winter Separately than gamble on something I cannot giveaway to other players.

From the original post:
"

What's in the Winter Mystery Boxes?

This Mystery Box introduces many new microtransactions and contains some that are exclusive to the holiday season, including the Northern Light Effect (stack of 10), the Ice Crystal Hideout Decoration (5 variations you can select between) and the Snow Hideout decoration. In addition to these exclusive microtransactions (which can only be obtained from this box or future holiday events), we've also introduced many new microtransactions that we'll be adding to the store a month after the box has gone off sale. These include the Arctic Lynx Pet, Wolf Pet and pieces of the new Arctic Armour Set! Here are videos of its Body Armour, Helmet, Boots and Gloves.

No guarantees, but it sounds like they intend to make this a recurring winter theme-based money grab mystery box sale.

Whether it actually will recur is anyone's guess; I expect it depends upon how much money they get out of it, and/or how well-received the boxes are. I will go so far as to say that their experience with the Infernal boxes doesn't seem to have deterred them from doing another mystery box, so I'm assuming The Powers That Be have decided it was worth the time and trouble... this time around, anyway.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
140 boxes. 2100 points:

All I wanted was a Winter armour set. $210 later and I've got 1/2 of a set.

That's the last of the points I'll ever buy. No more Supporter Packs for me.

Edit For some reason several MTXs aren't showing up. There's more useless crap. Like a total of 5 portal effects even though you only need one to change every character's effect.
Last edited by HammurabiJones on Dec 16, 2015, 10:43:22 PM
They have done this before and its a good idea on their part.
The armour mtx will be released a month from now they way they did with infernal armour set.

It's just a way for them to get the supported pack supporters do dump their point balances.

It makes sense from a business standpoint.

If you really want the armour set just wait for it to be released.

I just like to gamble and want it now to show off even though I wouldn't wear it after a day.
Last edited by Mammatus on Dec 16, 2015, 10:43:11 PM
Never bothered with the previous mystery boxes, and will continue to do so. I can wait for those mtx later on.

In the mean time, anyone (who really went on a shopping spree on those mystery boxes) want to gift me a copy (one of each I meant) of those many winter pets you have as a Christmas present, please. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 16, 2015, 10:43:37 PM
are you able to gift mtx to other people i mean whats the point of having multiple sets of the same thing
o .no ...
Has anyone gotten the chest piece?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info