2.1.0c Hotfix

While I'm actually glad you nerfed it...

"
Temporal Chains quality now grants 0.5% increased Cast Speed per point of quality.
Enfeeble quality now grants 0.5% reduced enemy Critical Strike Multiplier per point of quality.

These are just terrible. The second one especially.

Like... really? There could've been at least a little more thought into this. I was looking at the Blasphemy gem and wondering why its quality bonus was kinda weak, but seeing these just hurts me even more.

By all means, these things needed nerfs, and I'm glad you finally realized it. However, there's no need for the quality bonus to now be basically pointless.
Last edited by Crevox on Dec 15, 2015, 2:56:59 AM
Kind of annoying that they nerf that kind of stuff where 'everyone' is affected by.
At the same time, they introduce insanely op talismans (https://i.imgur.com/8V0Xgjy.jpg).

I'm not even angry; just disappointed. C'mon, guys, you can do a better job with your nerfs than this.
I don't often post on the forums apart from to trade, but I feel I have to make an exception here.

This is ridiculous.

As the vast majority of posters on this thread have stated, I can not comprehend the logic (or lack of) that went into this 'hotfix'.

Was blasphemy even tested before release ? If it WAS actually tested, did no one on the balance team foresee this? - as its a pretty obvious interaction.

I love this game and will probably continue to play it regardless of 'balance changes' but there must have been a 'cleaner' way of fixing this.
Wrong way to go about it imo.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
this is terrible for solo + support builds that focused on temp chains+enfeeble pre talisman.
I would have preferred GGG never added blasphemy to the game now.
Terrible kneejerk nerf to 2 great curses cause of new content added into the game.

This new talisman stuff feels more like just shuffling of the deck (nerf things then add power in new content)
yuck.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Dec 15, 2015, 3:19:14 AM
GGG, you guys fucked this one up royally. As many people indicate, this was not at ALL the smart way to go about balancing ghudda's showcase.

The simplest most direct solution would be to put a hard cap on amount of reduced speed/slow that can be inflicted, NOT TO NERF curses/curse effectiveness/quality. That was singlehandedly the worst possible way to address the issue.

Did I mention the build ghudda made requires the kind of gear 99.9% of people in POE will never see? Again the fucking concept of balancing around the 1% only to end up affecting the 99% instead happens. How many times does this have to happen for you guys to draw lessons from it? Again and again and again you try to nerf things that very very VERY few people are capable of doing, and what ends up happening is that for the VAST majority of players they end up losing some favored non-OP version of the mechanic. This is fucked up beyond belief. Guess what? The 1% will never lose access to whatever OP mechanics they dream of making, but every OTHER person does lose out on whatever their char was built around...meaning a waste of time/money/etc going into a char that becomes unplayable due to unreasonable and inconceivably ill-designed nerfs.

Ridiculous.

For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
If this isn't a temporary fix than I somehow have even less respect for GGG's ability to balance a game than before. Well done. Always impressive.

Learn to think and don't knee jerk so badly, GGG.

Indeed, horrible patch. What Ghudda did was obviously not fine. However, this patch screws EVERYONE.

How about finding something that doesn't matter to almost anyone but Ghudda? It's not even hard to find. Add a slow threshold, like you have it for almost anything else. Make it so you can't slow monsters by more than 75% (idk about best number) and keep the quality of the curses and everything.
"
Peripherally wrote:

The simplest most direct solution would be to put a hard cap on amount of reduced speed/slow that can be inflicted, NOT TO NERF curses/curse effectiveness/quality. That was singlehandedly the worst possible way to address the issue.

this. If the change really stays and isn't meant to just stay as long as a better solution is found (coding takes time), it's a really horrible change.
"
Mokihiki wrote:
So this means you weren't aware that this was possible until now?

What the hell?
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info