2.1.0c Hotfix

"
Jaqen wrote:
No fun allowed...

and why are you surprised? look at the builds that used to be working fine once (different version of CoC, phys/ele ST etc, power siphon, the list is just endless) and what you have now. 1 click dumb builds worth 2ex at max (fb cyclone etc) are stronger than ever before, but you won't pull anything original, for the very quoted reason. you're 2 years too late to have fun, several nerfs, sorry GGG, "patches later" and no fun allowed. But there's one thing still very enjoyable and amusing - GGG's canned responses. "We are trying to make the game content challenging by providing balanced blah blah blah paste usual bullshit". My ass you are.
I am very glad I am taking a break for Christmas. I agree that this seems to be an abrupt and short sighted reaction to this issue. We all postulated that this would happen with the introduction of the "Aurify Curse" mechanic. It is interesting to note that this is yet another example where "Access to Information" shared on reddit has led to a heavy handed quick action by GGG. I am addicted to POE, there is so much that I love about it, but the heavy swings in balance of skills deserves no praise.

I understand the HOTFIX.... but lets hope that GGG works out a COLDFIX to restore the original design intentions of these Temporal Chains and Enfeeble.

- VOC

Cursing since 2012
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
I greatly disapprove of this change; GGG is balancing around an abuse case with expensive gear that affects an incredibly small portion of the playerbase. The issue here is the scaling on Enhance in conjunction with +x effects, not the curses themselves. Just implement a system of diminishing returns on quality rather than nerfing it into the ground.
Seriously, this is a terrible terrible reaction. I think it would actually be way better to admit you just didn't expect Ghudda to find yet another (!) way how to exploit the 'slower enemies' game mechanics (I intentionally avoid the term "break the game" because I think this is not the case) and take some time to consider what to do next, instead of nerfing the gems the worst possible way and calling it an "adjustment". With all respect, this is not an adjustment, this is quality on some of the most important and widely used gems threw out of the window.

I can understand you wanted to have things under control, but it turns out to be a complete removal of any real "quality potential" of those gems. It seems you've just tried to quickly come up with some alternatives, and I really hope this is not the final state of those gems.

In fact, I even think people should still have the option to make a viable enhance + temporal chains / enfeeble combo. Please, if you want to make a change to it, think in terms of reducing its effectiveness, not in terms of destroying the setup altogether.
___

EDIT: Kudos to GGG for taking a second look! Thank you guys.
Last edited by pathfinding on Dec 16, 2015, 4:40:16 PM
Getting a little sick of supports getting crapped on by GGG.
Every. Gods. Damned. Time.

But I don't blame Ghudda at all for this.
I saw his vid, as many of us did, and laughed my ass off at how silly it was.
NO MOVEMENT! Holy crap!

A nerf was obvious.

Standard GGG though, immediate knee-jerk reaction and no thought involved.

Path of No-Fun-Allowed.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
swib wrote:

The problem was never in this curse being 20/20, 21/20 or 20/23. The problem was that you needed the quality to it be viable, so it scaled very much with corrupted Enhance and Axe.

I would like to point out that neither Enhance and Axe are the problem too. Enhance 8% per level is lackluster, it has few uses. The axe never had a indisputable build arround it.

if you have a level 4 enhance you basically add 24 levels to your temporal chains just saying... so saying they arent the problem is disshonest.

quality is the problem, but they are the things adding too much of it. therefore they are also the problem.

Well, I dont know if you understood me. I said that quality was the problem, I just said that 20 or 23 of quality wasnt a problem, neither the level 21 gem.

What I said was the extreme push on quality bonus is the problem. So Axe/Enhance/Blasphemy/Curse on Hit is not the problem here.
If you dont add the previous quality you have a bad curse. To have a good one you had to get 20~23% quality. Simple as that.

Change the quality bonus and buff more the level progress. Or do the obvious thing like everyone (and me) already said: just do a hard cap in each curse.
Last edited by swib on Dec 15, 2015, 5:53:00 PM
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Znarf176 wrote:
One has to look at the facts:
GGG implemented a few Gems which did not seem gamebraking at first glance... and still Ghudda broke the game.
Imagine what happens when they inroduce the acsendency classes which seem a bit OP. I fear the amount of gamebraking stuff will increase drastically.
Also GGG could have easily seen this one coming: One of the core design issues is to make sure the player does not achieve 100% defence. By that I mean that no build should be able to take no damage at all. They implemented a slow mechanic with Temporal Chains but forgot or chose not to limit it with either a cap or diminishing returns. The slow effect was scalable and despite the facts they introduced a new multiplier without testing if it could bring the defensive stat to a 100%. This is totally their fault and one should not blame Ghudda for this dramatic nerf.

So much this
"
"
Ghudda, whoever that is, is a fucking idiot.

Actually, he's brilliant. His understanding of the game goes deeper than most of the people in the GGG office, and he's very well known in the community as someone who playfully breaks the game left and right. In better days, GGG would have tapped him the same way companies tap 'internet security experts' to keep their systems safe.

Basically, don't shoot the messenger.

He playfully breaks the game and ends up making GGG crush a whole ton of builds as a result. To me this sort of behavior is ignorant and inconsiderate.

As for his understanding of the game, you do realize that this is the norm? I have never played a game where developers knew it better than some of the player base. If you think that this is some kind of an anomaly, you don't know much about gaming clearly.

I'm just happy they're reverting the chance, as now I don't have to waste the regrets to make my build not suck ass again.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
You guys know people make a living being a douche on youtube right?
In this case some guy named after cheese. Lol. I wonder if the devs have figured out that letting players find ways around things saves them the work of doing it themselves. All I really know is, I wish I had 200+ exalts to waste like its nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info