Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.0] THEORY Ele Blade Flurry. 6-13 mil VS Shaper, 6667 life

Been enjoying this build a lot. Everything pretty much dies to that charge including bosses (tier 1-8) and of course poison damage wide spread clears the trash. Sitting at 7k es (with discipline) and I haven't died even once since level 66. It's a super tanky build with the right set-up, not sure what some people are talking about. Been face tanking breaches while staying at the center. Also sitting at 9.5k damage with area and with concreted and flasks...ummm i forgot. Not fully finished though I was too lazy to go get my totem and immortal call and a few others.
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
xFL0W wrote:

i followed the path to assassin... would you say trickster is better? because my main goal is being quiet tanky and having an real good clearspeed. Hope you can help me with some things. Cheers.

I would say trickster wants to be better, frenzy, free movement, 20% faster attacks, and 250 Flat ES.

But you lose surplus crit and have to spend more getting crit everywhere else, you also lose the beefy poison and bleed damage for bosses, that 100% more poison and bleed is rather large when things start moving, another thing I would miss if I went trickster is the Noxious Skill Duration, it makes my Vaal Haste with an inc.duration gem more rotate-able.

If you want clear speed, use vaal haste. Also, invest your money into crafting a high attack speed dagger. 1.80~1.90aps crit chance won't matter much as an assassin unless you're using marylene's falacy.(which is an option.)

If you want tankiness, throw away whirling blades and use shield charge, it's better with fortify, plus you can throw a Power Charge on Crit gem in there for a no-brainer way of keepin' power charges up. You can also just.. not wear an abbysus, you /could/ put on a .8% life leech Crown of Eyes and swap ur life leech gem out for more melee damage.

Personally, I wouldn't drop Abyssus, it does so much for damage, lol, but you /could/ look into getting life leech jewelry/gloves. I know it's only physical damage but having a more multiplier in place of life leech increases the leech on your other items. : P

everything here is amazing; especially the shield charge>PCoC suggestion!
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Hey everyone

Thanks for all the feedback lately. I've been looking at the build every few days though I've been really busy so sorry for not answering your questions.

Trickster Vs Assassin

- Trickster is a much safer pick, that can pump out awesome DPS while having much more defences. I would strongly suggest going trickster until late game, where you can then swap to assassin once you have built up some currency and can endure losing the all the many benefits of trickster.

- Assassin is much stronger. It reaches crit cap so easily and gets massive bonuses to DoT. This is a pure-glass cannon approach if not built on-top of good gear. It's glass, though omfg does it deal insane dps.

If playing on softcore, you could go with assassin to start off, though I would advise against it. You will love playing as a trickster and if you do eventually swap to assassin, you will understand just how much you lose dropping trickster.

Trickster benefits:
- massive movement speed boosts (drastically better than assassin)
- 0 movement mana cost (assassin can run Shield charge without mana issues though)
- Attack speed boost up to 40% (enormously faster attack speed than Assassin)
- 250 flat es (this amounts to at least 1k more total es)
- massive evasion boosts (as soon as you swap to assassin, you will notice how much more you get hit)
- free frenzy charges (no need for blood rage makes trickster significantly faster, without the risk of BG degen)
- faster es regen

Assassin Benefits
- DPS (your tooltip will be lower with Assassin than as trickster, though almost all of Assassin's dps is on the back-end through poison and bleed)
- easy crit cap
- free power charges (though at 95% crit, only 5% of our hits generate them, so it's extremely inconsistent without massive attack speed)
- Power charge duration

To summarise
- Either class is fun, though a beginner will benefit much more from trickster than from assassin. Starting a new league will be much easier with Trickster too as the benefits from it heavily, and I mean heavily outweigh the DPS loss. Go assassin once you have some built up some currency and can afford some defensive items.

Cheers

How on earth are you almost at 13k es while wearing abyssus/facebreakers etc -_-
"
IWannaPeonU wrote:
How on earth are you almost at 13k es while wearing abyssus/facebreakers etc -_-

That's the power of Trickster.

If you use es helm, gloves and belt, I guarantee you could reach 15k es. 20k with Vaal discipline
Its switched lil bit and now its pretty easy. Thanks everyone who helped! Btw. would be a ambusher or other dagger with 250-280 PDPS ( dont have the currency for a 300 PDPS dagger) 1.75+ asp and 7.5 Crit better than my binos?
"
xFL0W wrote:
Its switched lil bit and now its pretty easy. Thanks everyone who helped! Btw. would be a ambusher or other dagger with 250-280 PDPS ( dont have the currency for a 300 PDPS dagger) 1.75+ asp and 7.5 Crit better than my binos?

2% base crit's quite a bit man. I don't know. The everage Bino's is around 235 pdps + 9.6% crit with multi, pioson prolif, life regen and increased dot damage.

As an assassin, I would probably stick with Bino's, or at least test both then gauge for yourself.

As a Trickster, the 280 x1.75 dagger could be better. If it is only 250, then i probably would stick with a Bino's using either class.

I think what makes a comfortable transition is something that starts at 300 pdps.
Alright i will try to get a 300+ PDPS ambusher this week...i hope i will able to clear T15 maps then quiet easily. Thanks for helping!
Hey all

I think I'm going to go back to Trickster. I will keep void heart for mapping, though will probably use Phoenix grip for bosses that are poison immune. I may go back to using warlord's mark and ancestral war chief.

I'm also going to roll a high-res/es/armor crystal best and drop the rustic sash.

I will need to use increased critical strikes to make up for the loss in crit chance, though our tooltip as trickster is higher, so is our attack speed. We will do 100% less poison and bleed damage, though more physical damage, at a higher rate of attack with at least 4k more es, massive dodge bonuses among many other benefits.

Assassin is fun, though literally nothing in the game needs that much dps. Not having endurance charges, being slower and much easier to hit with less defence and requiring blood rage for frenzy charges is what's made my mind up for me.

Assassin was certainly fun!

I picked trickster, going straight for Shade Form for my Cruel Lab.

None of my items are really all that great buuut I've started this mainly self found. PoE Trade died when I got to lvl 50 even though I'm 10% below capped resists on fire and cold right now.
Other than that, not sure what the fuck I'm using, whirling blades, or shield charge? Everyone in here has something different.

As for auras, I'm only running hatred and HoA but I need to buy Discipline very soon anyway.

Other than that, not sure where I should go first on the tree after that lvl 49 tree.
I assume get Vaal Pact when my ES is higher than what it is now (around 950ish with I'd say 1.4k hp?)

Other than that, my main concern is the passives.

I'm lvl 51 currently.

I finished up the Adder's Touch and Flaying nodes for dagger dmg.

I think I should finish the bottom part of the tree off and get the Depth Perception node cluster, Void Barrier cluster, and From The Shadows cluster before I actually take Vaal Pact. I'm truly not sure though? You say it's necessary unless we've got Atziri's gauntlets, but your end gear says otherwise?

Truly I don't know whatcha want me to do when you do opposite it seems. :(

Here's my shit gear btw:
Spoiler

EDIT: Please do reply soon. :\ I hate not knowing the direction I should be going before its too late.
Last edited by Ishabooo on Dec 21, 2016, 12:18:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info