PVP FUN without ->MIRR's & LEGACY's<-

"
veritaserum wrote:
"
Dethklok wrote:
RT leap slam + added fire with no fire penetration O_o OPs character needs a lot of work.

Another rich guy prov mirr serv talking about gems... lol

And in addition to that this is not the topic here discussed

Provide ur comment in skill feedback

People like you are the reason posting builds in the PvP forum is almost useless. You simply copy builds and post QQ when you loose. I can easily beat your character with a lvl 69 character using no mirrored or legacy gear. Im sure youd just make a thread asking to ban lvl 69s from pvp also

If you dont want harsh criticism stop making useless QQ threads. Start making threads that read something like "Im 2h RT having trouble with x,y,z pls help" and then youd get help instead of people just laughing at you.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Last edited by Dethklok on Nov 28, 2015, 12:54:01 PM
All this whining about mirrored gear, You might not know this, but I'm Eu & Us #1, I haven't lost a single ranked match single ladder reset.

I don't use a single piece of mirrored gear, Many have proved this point, you can effectively create no.1 pvp builds under 20-30 ex

The suggested idea of build budget limitations, whose going to price check it? poe.trade? I can list every thing for 1c if I wanted to, What if that item simply doesn't exist anywhere else?

Don't expect to never lose, when you can't even gasp how much work and time dedication has been put into our builds.

Its a Arpg ffs, it's not a Moba/ Fps... 70% of the fight is about your theory crafting and your gear customization. 10% luck, 10% rules of engagement, 10% positioning.

I'm Ea btw, ja ja its broken etc etc, but the fact that budgeted Ea builds gets 95% owned by, ahfack, dethlok/ nurse etc. Just proves how much more I invested than the average fella.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Nov 28, 2015, 1:51:41 PM
"
veritaserum wrote:
Players with mirr gears like fanon 2000ex
Should get their own arena . A 600 pdps bow makes no sense

Even if there is good players with normal gear casual pvp high lvl player are one shotted

No fun factor
I know where your grievance is coming from and I agree onesided instagib fights are no fun at all, but I think your suggested fix is bad. Poe is a loot based rpg, where players will try to make their characters the best they can be, within the boundaries set out by GGG. A player should not be punished by gamedesign for making a very good build. Even not when it's cheesy and/or exploiting poor game mechanics.

Also, GGG has already attempted some major equalizing/normalizing of damage in pvp:

Spoiler
The scaling algorithms as of our most recent 1.3.0 alpha build are[1]:
((D/ T) / 125)^0.61 * 125 * T
for physical and chaos damage, and
((D/ T) / 290)^0.58 * 290 * T
for elemental damage, where
“D” is the damage of an individual hit.
“T” is the attack or cast time of the skill it comes from, or the assumed attack or cast time we have determined for that skill (see below).

I've done 2 simplified example calculations:
The mirror dude: 20,000 elemental damage per hit + 0.5s attack time = 2525 pvp damage per hit
A regular dude with a decent build: 10,000 elemental damage per hit + 0.6s attack time = 1824 pvp damage per hit.

This is from an old beta, so the numbers now might be a good bit different. Only the damage was normalized however, a build with mirrored or mirror worthy items can still go for a much more offensive tree and gear choices, while still ending up with more defences than what an average player can achieve in a build balanced between offence and defense.
"

I'm Ea btw, ja ja its broken etc etc, but the fact that budgeted Ea builds gets 95% owned by, ahfack, dethlok/ nurse etc. Just proves how much more I invested than the average fella.

You do realize that the first part of your sentence entierly negate the rest of it right ? I could aslo beat Doom using IIDAD/IDKFQ back in the days (old school player reference intended).

Anyway yeah mirrors are overated in term of dps. Novaday you can craft some pretty sick stuff after lurking a bit on poe.trade and using the Haku/Scour/Elreon method if you are a serious player (and by serious I mean someone who can manage to gather at least 10 exalts in a month).

Or you can go EA, shoot at walls and pretend you are a good player...
Last edited by IceDeal on Nov 28, 2015, 3:03:03 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"

You do realize that the first part of your sentence entierly negate the rest of it right ? I could aslo beat Doom using IIDAD/IDKFQ back in the days (old school player reference intended).

Anyway yeah mirrors are overated in term of dps. Novaday you can craft some pretty sick stuff after lurking a bit on poe.trade and using the Haku/Scour/Elreon method if you are a serious player (and by serious I mean someone who can manage to gather at least 10 exalts in a month).

Or you can go EA, shoot at walls and pretend you are a good player...

Haha, the Ea salt mine is real, Believe it or not, even if they completely remove EA from the game, there'll always be the new "Broken" skill. I have more than enough currency and gear to make something entirely new.

My point is, there's not such thing a true balance, statistically even rock paper and scissors have a uneven win rate.
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Nov 28, 2015, 3:12:05 PM
"

Haha, the Ea salt mine is real, Believe it or not, even if they completely remove EA from the game, there'll always be the new "Broken" skill. I have more than enough currency and gear to make something entirely new.

My point is, there's not such thing a true balance, statistically even rock paper and scissors have a uneven win rate.

Be my guest and do it then , most of the top pvp players here have enough currency do to a sick EA build. Are we doing it ? No because it's absolutely pointless and give us no joy (a brain dead monkey could shoot at walls with massive aoe/attack speed). You'll get way more praise beating people with something a bit more original (like Nurse or Shadow) that this overextended joke that is EA. Until that don't expect any of us to acknowledge your "hard work" on this build.
"
IceDeal wrote:
"

Be my guest and do it then , most of the top pvp players here have enough currency do to a sick EA build. Are we doing it ? No because it's absolutely pointless and give us no joy (a brain dead monkey could shoot at walls with massive aoe/attack speed). You'll get way more praise beating people with something a bit more original (like Nurse or Shadow) that this overextended joke that is EA. Until that don't expect any of us to acknowledge your "hard work" on this build.

Why should I care about the "more praise" It doesn't matter what game you play, if you beat someone else they'll just inherently whine and act all butt hurt about it. Just because LA is a more niche build doesn't necessary mean it's better, LA has broken mechanic's too (Duh), Trying to act all high and mighty about it all is just hilarious, if you think EA builds are that easy and cheap to make, make one and beat me.

Remember PoE has been around for a while now, EVERYTHING has been done before, There's no such thing as "Original".

Fyi, I have 2 build pages with like 110k+ Views, literally popularizing PA builds before the 2.0 herd/ Streamers. I Am the current top pvp player, and have been for a good few months now, Why settle for lesser builds?

All bark, and no bite.
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Nov 28, 2015, 3:53:04 PM
"

Fyi, I have 2 build pages with like 120k+ Views, literally popularizing PA builds before the 2.0 herd/ Streamers. I Am the current top pvp player, and have been for a good few months now, Why settle for lesser builds?

All bark, and no bite.

Hahaha ok I get it now. Well I'll let you have your ego kicks with EA then. Keep up the hard work.
Also Fyi, I did play EA and was top 1 EU and US before they release the awakening (I even made google switch to EA because of it). Playing it remembered me this game with ducks to make little kids happy because you couldn't loose.

Anyway, as I stated you don't need mirror gear to be efficient in the arena. It's good as it is.
Last edited by IceDeal on Nov 28, 2015, 4:02:10 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"

Fyi, I have 2 build pages with like 120k+ Views, literally popularizing PA builds before the 2.0 herd/ Streamers. I Am the current top pvp player, and have been for a good few months now, Why settle for lesser builds?

All bark, and no bite.

Hahaha ok I get it now. Well I'll let you have your ego kicks with EA then. Keep up the hard work.
Also Fyi, I did play EA and was top 1 EU and US before they release the awakening (I even made google switch to EA because of it). Playing it remembered me this game with ducks to make little kids happy because you couldn't loose.

Anyway, as I stated you don't need mirror gear to be efficient in the arena. It's good as it is.

Glad we can come to an understanding, Sarcasm aside, Not everybody has to play EA, but 20EX EA builds can beat fully mirrored characters, Yet people are whining PVP is too expensive.

There's no need for Ego, a game is for fun, you play it for fun, it's not a job, Losing to me is NOT fun, Simply a statistic of efficiency, not ego.

I'd like to meet more challenging builds though.

Edit;
Out of Curiosity, Through words of mouth, Didn't Slaythemkidz begin the whole EA thing back in 1.1?
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Nov 28, 2015, 4:24:18 PM
"

Edit;
Out of Curiosity, Through words of mouth, Didn't Slaythemkidz begin the whole EA thing back in 1.1?

Slay played single target EA crit since closed beta, he never used wallspam or arena bug (he dispised those, you can find a bunch of his posts about it in the forum) and stopped playing because GGG nerfed EA the wrong way and his playstyle wasn't effective anymore. Him and Firebrand were the firsts to experiment around EA (firebrand found out the infamous cold to fire bug who's been fixed since).

Has far as I remember Mies is the one who made the wallspam version of EA popular around 1.2/1.3 and the rest is history.
Last edited by IceDeal on Nov 28, 2015, 4:59:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info