PVP FUN without ->MIRR's & LEGACY's<-

Why are people still blind to the fact crit itself is the problem. There's talk of doing "monster" damage with sub par bows/daggers....why is that? Why is it that someone just posted up a caster build that practically took 0 dps nodes and a few crit clusters. Was able to invest the rest into survivability on top of using tier 1-2 gear and does retarded levels of damage via mostly just gem combo and the crit multiplier? I've said this for years, obvious crit weapons i.e bow,dagger have too high base dps potential. I've also said before that casters rarely need to take spell damage/elemental damage to achieve stupid levels of damage and get to benefit from being 1h/shield to boot. It goes deeper then this but it always comes full circle to this one mechanic. Sure in some super situational cases it's wall stacking or trap damage but in general much of the balance issues stem back to excessive crit multipliers and this isn't going to change with the expansion. It's only going to get worse as they add further automation to the game, more items and ascendancy passives that allow you to completely ignore defenses and/or have 100% more crit chance + extra damage to both full life and low life.

When you make a game where people can easily achieve 40-95% crit chance, 400-800% multipliers. 200-600dps weapons and huge base damage spells consistently out dps full damage invested RT builds gear for gear, passive for passive, cost for cost, effort for effort. The power to 1-2shot someone > survivability investments on the tree. It > balance, it basically undermines anything you'd hope to achieve in a "competitive" environment. Glass cannon is a pretty loose term in this game, because general survivability towards anything other then crit itself means dick much past rolling a dice and not getting hit in the first place via luck. Then you add a plethora of unique mechanics,automation and shitty arena designs plus neglect general balance and itemization after you change the game every other week....you get this shit and it'll never change.

GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Nov 27, 2015, 11:35:23 AM
I'm starting to be more and more interested in lld, is the sarn arena popular or just an ultra "niche" thing ?
"
0flip wrote:
But, that is their own arena.

This is why LLD exists.

Also @veritaserum strong LA can oneshot anything because of its shotgun and pierce mechanics. I've seen a 9k hp with 40% acrobatics, presumably even 50% reduced extra crit damage, be "oneshot". Ofc it's not fun to play against, but there's just too much shit you can get access to in higher levels to ever make PvP removely balanced.

why give lvl 90 players with their "good" gears not mirrored class a penality, and give them
just a fair play chance onlcy with shitty lvl28 gears and toons. they also want experiece lvl 20.20 gems and so in pvp !!!
and btw it's not only sarn, we fight also mirr+legs players in 1 vs 1 battles.

people go there, want to have some happy fight, what they get is , 5 matches 5:0 , then they leave and go pve again. :(

or they need to lvl28 crap toons with crap gears, not having they fun to use the full potential of the tree+and high lvl gems.

again here no fun

bump for create new NON MIRR + NON LEG GEAR HIGH LVL PVP!!

"
veritaserum wrote:

bouhouh I don't want to invest time farming/learning to make an effective cheap build so I DEMAND a special mode for me and my lazy friends.

Sriously you can make a really effective char for cheap who'll be able to kill 90% of everyone else. Will you be able to compete with top player who invested time (or money but that's another topic) to build their op character ? Answer is no but so is life, get used to it (still waiting for my millions bucks and top model girlfriend btw).

EDIT : Just checked your gear, you got better stuff than 90% of the people who play pvp (6L disfavour and co), you have litteraly no reasons to complain :D
Last edited by IceDeal on Nov 27, 2015, 12:31:21 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
veritaserum wrote:

EDIT : Just checked your gear, you got better stuff than 90% of the people who play pvp (6L disfavour and co), you have litteraly no reasons to complain :D

This is true he have great non mirror gear for a melee but also 6l disfavour and non leg kaom when you play melee is little like being sadomasochist. You will never compet with even the best caster with that.

Well actually sometime those days I can kill even icedeal using billy with more or less the same gear.

NERF BILLY PLS HE CAN ONE SHOT MELEE!!!

Like Mullaxull said, the only problem you have is not playing crit or if you really want to compet sell your disfavour and buy ORO.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Nov 27, 2015, 12:52:43 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
veritaserum wrote:

bouhouh I don't want to invest time farming/learning to make an effective cheap build so I DEMAND a special mode for me and my lazy friends.

Sriously you can make a really effective char for cheap who'll be able to kill 90% of everyone else. Will you be able to compete with top player who invested time (or money but that's another topic) to build their op character ? Answer is no but so is life, get used to it (still waiting for my millions bucks and top model girlfriend btw).

bro its not about my my gear, it's about 90% of all other players having no fun ;)

BTW not taking bloodless when you go in pvp?

Is that a pve build?

But yea it is not fun to get 1 shot, the game suck right now for pvp and knowing GGG they will probably nerf cyclone/icecrash whatever melee use and boost spells and bow skills XD.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Nov 27, 2015, 1:02:00 PM
"
lolozori wrote:

NERF BILLY PLS HE CAN ONE SHOT MELEE!!!

God Damn Billy, I hate him so much :D Not even sur you can dodge/block this stuff actually. Test have to be made.
"
(still waiting for my millions bucks and top model girlfriend btw).

+1 hahaha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info