No Thanksgiving event or Black Friday sale planned? Taking a break from POE then.

"
gentlemen1911 wrote:
Not giving us black friday/cyber monday sale feel unfair to newcomers.

ahhh poor babies....
Holy shit, the number of people who actually think he's serious is way above what it should be.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

The thread is... I can't even.... My side.... Please have mercy on me.

Been a wile since I found a thread this funny.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
OP has a point though.
GGG usually brings something up for special dates (Halloween, fireworks, random fire mtx box, etc.), but as for black friday / cyber monday they don't seem to give us any special treat.
Thinking outloud, a 24-hour 10-15% discount on every mtx would be something awesome that should get a lot of people spending their mtx points.
Just my 2c
Well Monday is almost over, so its pretty much official, GGG won't budge for Vets or America or even Freedom.

But I learned something from this experience. GGG also has the freedom to NOT provide Black Friday deals. This is America, land of the free, and just like it is my right to demand discounts, they have the right to deny discounts.

Goodbye everyone, I am quitting. Enjoy the XPAC I am sure it will be good.

/Salute Freedom
Last edited by ivqancorp on Nov 30, 2015, 3:32:04 PM
"
IronSteel wrote:
OP has a point though.
GGG usually brings something up for special dates (Halloween, fireworks, random fire mtx box, etc.), but as for black friday / cyber monday they don't seem to give us any special treat.
Thinking outloud, a 24-hour 10-15% discount on every mtx would be something awesome that should get a lot of people spending their mtx points.
Just my 2c

Check the point value vs. cash value of the supporter packs that were announced this weekend and tell me that's not nearly functionally equivalent of a 100% off sale should you choose to desire anything in any of those packs plus the points to use on something else. That, plus the fact that there is one MTX item on sale every single day, means what you want to buy should be available on sale eventually.
Sales are a way for a company to increase its income by selling stuff you otherwise would not buy at all.

So asking for a sale is like saying "I do not need your shit, but maybe if you make it cheaper ill buy it"

Seriously tho, seeing descendants of hippies bragging around here about how they can consume more than others make me crackle. You are your own father's worst nightmare.

Can the US government trade OP and his family for an immigrant and his family who really wants to live in the US and likes the country for more than superficial reasons such as holiday sales?

This is one of the most disrespectful things I've read to veterans and any American who likes their country more than shopping sales and other superficial reasons and also any immigrants who came to the country in search of a better life. There are many people who die for a chance to simply live in relatively free country like the US. OP takes it for granted, the privileges his citizenship grants him, and thus he disrespects all who have died to defend such privileges that he has as well as all who live in such countries where such privileges simply do not exist and would and do die trying to attain such privilege and freedom.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Nov 30, 2015, 7:06:59 PM
"
GooberM wrote:
Holy shit, the number of people who actually think he's serious is way above what it should be.

I know, right? I mean... it wasn't exactly the world's greatest satire, but anyone who couldn't figure out it was satire in the second sentence needs their sarcasm detector retuned.

I mean, I feel like there should have been a sparkly crying eagle in the OP. Maybe that was the deleted content?
"
peachii wrote:
Black Friday events are nothing more than retail hype
Spoiler
that started (and continues) for many companies to take their companies from being in the red all year to the black for the holiday season. The day after the US Thanksgiving in America generally kicks off the crazy stupid retail bullshit that leads to all the excessive shopping to make the most money for them. I respect any company that refuses to participate, GGG is in New Zealand - all their employees are in New Zealand so I'm unsure just because they have some American customers, why anyone would expect them to participate every year. They released new supporter packs, that was their token nod to a culture they don't live in.

Black Friday has nothing to do with veterans, holidays or anything other crazy thing you can think of, it's all a retail scam to make the highest rating dollar amount you can of the year packed into a single day. It means people don't spend their thanksgiving on Thursday or Friday or Saturday with family or friends, it means they go to work and work 12 to 16 hours a day and miss their meal with their family which is what Thanksgiving is supposed to be all about, not racking up the most sales.
Such anger. Seems to me like it's time to take a break and watch some quality children's television.
Spoiler
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 30, 2015, 8:55:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info