Unstoppable question

So let me get this straight.
Chill/Freeze/Temporal Chains slow your base characters speed, which affects your end attack/cast/movement animations/speed.
So say you have 50% movement speed and get chilled. With the passive, will you basically ignore chill and move at 1.5x the base speed or will still get slowed to 1.05x speed?
IGN: Smegacore
"
battled wrote:
So let me get this straight.
Chill/Freeze/Temporal Chains slow your base characters speed, which affects your end attack/cast/movement animations/speed.
So say you have 50% movement speed and get chilled. With the passive, will you basically ignore chill and move at 1.5x the base speed or will still get slowed to 1.05x speed?

On the previous page Mark said that slows will do nothing, if you aren't hasted your animation speed modifier is zero and very few effects grant haste.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
"
666lol666 wrote:
Hey guys, since I'm no native english speaker I'm unable to figure this out myself.

Unstoppable
a.) You cannot be slowed below base speed
b.) Movement speed cannot be modified to below base speed

What is the difference between a and b?

Native English speaker, still could be wrong about this but this is how I read it.

a.) You cannot be slowed below base speed. <- This talks about outside things affecting you.

b.) Movement speed cannot be modified to below base speed. <- This talks about you affecting you.

My take away is wile you can't be slowed below base by things like temporal chains you are prevented from wearing things like the lioneyes boots that can have -40% movespeed on them.

Basically the second line is there because certain interactions that the player can do are overpowered and not allowed.

Can we get a clarification on the second line? I interpreted it as exactly the opposite, that is, one could wear Lioneyes/The Anvil without the penalty.

If not I have to agree with Col_Jessep, seems lackluster. I would also change the wording to "cannot equip items that lower movement speed".
Edit: bad info, whoops
Last edited by Jennik on Feb 10, 2016, 10:48:40 AM
"
Meridin wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Someone pointed out on reddit that the Acceleration Shrine does this at 50% - this means acceleration shrine currently counteracts all of chill (30% slow) and half of freeze (100%). This is the only case in the game I'm aware off which does this.

Onslaught comes to mind, although I suppose it's simply "increased" movement, attack, and cast speeds. However, it would be really cool if Onslaught was the reverse of Chill, but that would mean certain skills/uniques would have to be adjusted (since the bonuses would become multiplicative if they were "reverse-slows").
If Onslaught was a 20% "reverse slow," then instead of providing 20% increased Attack/Cast/Move Speed, Onslaught would provide 20% more Attack/Cast/Move Speed. This would considerably raise the power level of the buff.

I think you already knew this, but doesn't hurt to clarify.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2016, 11:23:28 PM
"
Can we get a clarification on the second line? I interpreted it as exactly the opposite, that is, one could wear Lioneyes/The Anvil without the penalty.

If not I have to agree with Col_Jessep, seems lackluster. I would also change the wording to "cannot equip items that lower movement speed".

From what is being said, here is how I read it.

There is slow and there is movement speed. These 2 are separate modifiers.
Slow - Only 3 skills that slow, Freeze, Chill, and Temporal Chains.
Movement Speed modifiers - Quick Silver, Boots, Anvil, etc.

Now, Juggernaut says cannot be slowed below base speed and it also says Movement speed cannot be modified to below base value. Neither of these can go below base.
This means two things.
If you have Chill and Temp Chains on you, that is 2 slow effects. You cannot be slowed below base speed, so unless you have other effects that make you "Quicker" (From what is being said, only Acceleration Shrine does this), those 2 skills will have no effect, as far as slowing you is concerned.
Now, when you drink a Quick Silver Flask, you get a +movement speed modifier that you can see on your character sheet. Unless you have some -movement speed items, it will list as say +40% movement speed.

What this means is if you drink a Quick Silver Flask and have Temp Chains + Chill on you, you will still be moving at +40% movement speed.
This is because slow and movement speed are separate modifiers and you are already at base speed as far as slow is concerned.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If Onslaught was a 20% "reverse slow," then instead of providing 20% increased Attack/Cast/Move Speed, Onslaught would provide 20% more Attack/Cast/Move Speed. This would considerably raise the power level of the buff.

It'd apply to every animation in fact, including Hit Recovery for example.
However, to my knowledge it would not actually be 20% More A/C/M Speed, because it'd be additive with Slow, as opposed to being a separate multiplier.

@Starx: Yep, spot-on.
So in PvP, does Unstoppable negate your enemy's increased Stun duration?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So in PvP, does Unstoppable negate your enemy's increased Stun duration?

I don't think stun duration is even affected by slow. In any case, increased stun duration is an attacker side stat, if an attacker has 50% stun duration and applies a 600ms stun on you that's the default value, you aren't getting stunned for 400ms * 1,5 so the bonus couldn't be cancelled.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 10, 2016, 4:10:31 PM
Does it mean that if I have the passive unstoppable and wear the unique amulet Winterheart, I can still move and use skills while I can enjoy the 20% of Life Regenerated while Frozen?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info