Unstoppable question

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
I take it that this means if you take Unstoppable you cannot be frozen?

Or when you're frozen you can still move but can't attack?
It means you can be frozen and can still move and attack (and cast, etc) as normal.

lmfao, that's too funny. My question is, would your character's animation still be frozen, so it's like a block of ice sliding around with spells just poofing out of it?
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:13:09 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
I take it that this means if you take Unstoppable you cannot be frozen?

Or when you're frozen you can still move but can't attack?
It means you can be frozen and can still move and attack (and cast, etc) as normal.

if this is the case, does that mean chilled ground has no effect too? what about stuns?
[Removed by Support]
Chilled Ground applies Chill, which is a slow effect. It won't be able to slow you below base speed. The same is true of other slow effects (Freeze, Temporal Chains).

Since there are very few "reverse-slows" in the the game*, you're almost always at base speed with regard to the slow mechanic, so slows will do absolutely nothing.

*Someone pointed out on reddit that the Acceleration Shrine does this at 50% - this means acceleration shrine currently counteracts all of chill (30% slow) and half of freeze (100%). This is the only case in the game I'm aware off which does this.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Since there are very few "reverse-slows" in the the game*, you're almost always at base speed with regard to the slow mechanic, so slows will do absolutely nothing.

Still looking for a "snappy" verb/noun to describe the opposite of a slow? Maybe I can help. Hasten and quicken don't have noun forms, and accelerate/acceleration is kind of cumbersome to say.

Maybe "boost" will work. It can function both as a verb and noun.

Verb
- The chilled ground slows your movement, attack, and cast speeds.
- The acceleration shrine boosts your movement, attack, and cast speeds.

- Your are chilled. Your movement, attack, and cast speeds are slowed.
- Your are on crack. Your movement, attack, and cast speeds are boosted.

Noun
- There are a lot of slows in the the game.
- There are very few boosts in the the game.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Someone pointed out on reddit that the Acceleration Shrine does this at 50% - this means acceleration shrine currently counteracts all of chill (30% slow) and half of freeze (100%). This is the only case in the game I'm aware off which does this.

Onslaught comes to mind, although I suppose it's simply "increased" movement, attack, and cast speeds. However, it would be really cool if Onslaught was the reverse of Chill, but that would mean certain skills/uniques would have to be adjusted (since the bonuses would become multiplicative if they were "reverse-slows").
"
Meridin wrote:

A big part of the issue is that this is not what slow does. Slow does not affect attack speed, cast speed, or movement speed - it is not a modifier to any of those things. It's a slow on the character that affects the speed of any animations to play, and operates at an entirely separate level from such speed modifiers. Thus we can't describe it in those terms.

Hence, "slow" works, because it gets across the nature of the effect, but "boost" doesn't, because boost could be anything - it doesn't imply making you faster.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Meridin wrote:

A big part of the issue is that this is not what slow does. Slow does not affect attack speed, cast speed, or movement speed - it is not a modifier to any of those things. It's a slow on the character that affects the speed of any animations to play, and operates at an entirely separate level from such speed modifiers. Thus we can't describe it in those terms.

Hence, "slow" works, because it gets across the nature of the effect, but "boost" doesn't, because boost could be anything - it doesn't imply making you faster.

How about Swiften? It has a gross mouth feel but definitely gets the idea across. Too bad it's a portmanteau and as such not exactly a real word.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Nov 24, 2015, 5:51:33 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Well that's wierd, because I copied that description of chill from the wiki. I found the real description of chill when I actually went in the game: Your actions are slowed while standing on chilled ground.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
You're right. I was thinking of "speed boosts" from racing games. I guess the word doesn't always imply speed. The word "quicken" does though. "Your actions are quicker." "You act more quickly." Maybe that word will work. Sorry if my attempts to help are annoying.
"
Meridin wrote:
Well that's wierd, because I copied that description of chill from the wiki. I found the real description of chill when I actually went in the game: Your actions are slowed while standing on chilled ground.
We've never had to actually refer to "slow" effects before, so standardising the terminology wasn't as important. It's only recently I've gone through the various descriptions of such things and made sure they use the correct terminology (some of which might not be in-game yet), so the wiki was probably just a little bit out of date.
With unstoppable node, we cannot be slowed to below base speed.
So what is the meaning of "base speed"?
The character base movement and attack/cast speed without any passive nodes and gears?
or the final aps and movement speed showing on character menu with all gears and passives node?
IGN:GARYC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info