(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

Hi,

I just started this game 2 days ago and picked your build from the forums.

I don't see any mention of what weapon to use, does that mean whatever works best or am I running unarmed?

Btw thanks for all the hard work putting this build/guide together.

you get your damage from the facebreaker gloves, it gives x amount of % unarmed damage.
"
sknabi wrote:
you get your damage from the facebreaker gloves, it gives x amount of % unarmed damage.

Alright thanks, I guess whatever weapon has good +flat physical damage.

Edit: nvm..I just unequiped my weapon and I got an extra 600 dps from being unarmed -_-
Last edited by Kyojura on Dec 13, 2016, 11:21:22 PM
"
ghoohg wrote:
Haven't played since about when the Masters showed up, decided to use this build for my comeback into breach league. Having issues dealing with merciless moon temple and am stuck at about lvl 67.
What gear should I focus on upgrading first?

Been working on farming up the Chaos to buy Abyssus, but it's way up there and I'm considering buying a tabula rasa first.

It's really important to get flat physical damage on your rings and ammy... all of the flat physical damage rolls on your gear add up to be your "weapon", so you really gimp the build without them. Also, movement speed on boots is vital as it really improves clear speed. At ring slot, last league I was able to find rares with t1 phys and some combo of needed life/res/atts for like 1 fuse each. You can find some cheapo boots with 25-30 move speed and some low res/life on the cheap too. Getting the lowest hanging fruit to make the most of your currency is usually best, until you have all the basics!

I added a section to the OP called "League Strategy" that has my suggestions for the most efficient order to get your upgrades in general.

"
Nishtha wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply back OP!

I just wanted to follow up and say that I just hit lvl 28 this morning and I am absolutely destroying content so far! Having your movespeed skill also be your main dps skill is game changing.

I would hop on poe.trade and look for some good deals on phys damage rings / ammys with as much resists as possible. Follow suite on your shield & boots to get the best armor / resist / +life you can find. Movement speed on boots would be nice, but not necessary really since you will be mainly using shield charge to move around anyways. You will be amazed at how much you can improve all of your gear by snatching up some deals on poe.trade!

You're welcome man! :D

Happy you're enjoying the build. It will keep scaling sharply with dps as you get all the phys rolls/lvls. Once point to clarify though: the move speed on boots is *vital*. Move speed actually applies 100% to shield charge as well as your run speed. When you double dip with huge attack speed and move speed with finished build it is almost too fast to control (at least for me).

"
Dukart wrote:
thank you for this build!
one of the most crazy speed farming build i have played so far:D

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Yeah, the shield charge version is definitely the fastest melee experience I've had in poe.

"
JerryVoy wrote:
Wow thank you for answering all the questions man! BTW if u need some HC stuff just pm me i rippd at lvl 85 or so within the first days and im playing Breach now so i could give you some items/currency i wont use!

No problem! Is a busy stretch of life but I am happy to help when I've got the time.

Hah I will definitely message you. Really appreciate the generosity, as I have 0 ex atm. :D

"
dan166 wrote:
Thanks for all the Q&A demopolos.

Will try this build.

One last question: What do you think about the new Unique Shield "The Surrender". We have 75 % block and the 250 life per block seems to be a crazy defensive buff.

We would loose a bit dps yes but this build seems to provide a lot of dps already. So for the real rippy content this shield seems to be a good option to have it on swap.

Just my thoughts.

Edit: Okay we have only 43% block chance my mistake so nvm

That shield is really cool... I am excited to test it out. We would be 47% to block with that shield, so it would still be pretty good, but I don't think it outperforms a really good rare shield for this setup since we have slayer for leech already. It's not the dps loss that makes rare better (only dps we would get from this is if you have a str roll, or sacrifice life/armour for a phys roll which isn't worth it imo). Rares just can give so much armour/res which frees you up a little on rings/ammy to get the t1 phys rolls we need.

I actually am theorycrafting on a 75/75 block gladiator cyclone facebreaker using this shield. I am planning on using cyclone and voidheart... think it will be a monster for boss kills.

"
sknabi wrote:
hey this build is really awesome, i have overleveled due to some very lucky finds, and kind friends, but am very new to the game. I have a hard time grasping map progression, and what i should be doing.

at OP, i was wondering if you can take a look at my character and see the biggest change I can do to help me push content faster.

I also want to stay a Shield Charge and ancestral only, and I was wondering if I can do that comfortably for end game boses.

Thanks man! Yeah, it always helps to play with friends, especially to get oriented as a new player in a game as dense as PoE. Yes, this build can do endgame bosses fine. The SC build is amazing for fast farming t15 maps/uber lab (insane speed), and can tackle all the endgame bosses if you really push to max out the gear. That said, if you wanted to focus purely on farming shaper/guardians/uber atziri at endgame, the cyclone build is easier due to much higher dps... but doesn't compare for mapping clearspeed.

I'd like to give you feedback, but I your character profile isn't public (can change it in settings). That said, if you thoroughly read the guide you will have a good idea of what to do because the gearing section tells you all the core things to shoot for, and the league strategy section gives a recommended upgrade order. Have fun!

"
Kyojura wrote:
Alright thanks, I guess whatever weapon has good +flat physical damage.

Edit: nvm..I just unequiped my weapon and I got an extra 600 dps from being unarmed -_-

Yep, it's an unarmed build. Definitely read the OP and you will understand how to scale up your damage. Get all the physical rolls on all possible items and your dps will be really good. The "League Strategy" will make it easy for you to pick your upgrades. Don't forget to use poe.trade to get stuff cheap! Many usable rares are like 1 alch - 1 c in price as you are leveling in league.

Last edited by demopolos on Dec 14, 2016, 2:24:25 AM
@demopolos

hey man thanks again for the great info!
I switched my character to public, and I was wondering if you can take a look at my items, I feel like I have strictly tried to follow with the t1 physical damage that you highly recommended, but it makes it so hard to stack resistances, breaches destroy me. Im kind of lost as to where to take the build to further elevate my gameplay.

izaro in merci one shots me so i couldnt get the ascendency points either.

However, the damage capability is just insane in this build, and i can def see my playing this future seasons as well! awesome build mate
Hey Demipolos ty for great build! Lvl 87 atm and have about 2 ex to spend. Idk what my next upgrade should be there are not many rings/ammys that give me the same flat phys as mine and life. Should i save for the steel rings or maybee buy the uniques flask?

And btw uber izaro and the end game content is easier with cyclone right? I might swap SC to Cyclone later.

Gear:

Spoiler
"
sknabi wrote:
@demopolos

hey man thanks again for the great info!
I switched my character to public, and I was wondering if you can take a look at my items, I feel like I have strictly tried to follow with the t1 physical damage that you highly recommended, but it makes it so hard to stack resistances, breaches destroy me. Im kind of lost as to where to take the build to further elevate my gameplay.

izaro in merci one shots me so i couldnt get the ascendency points either.

However, the damage capability is just insane in this build, and i can def see my playing this future seasons as well! awesome build mate

Here is what I would do if I were you, for the cheapest/easiest upgrades:
-Get lower level vulnerability to put in your cwdt... right now it is too high level and isn't casting (must be equal or lower level req than that of the cwdt gem)
-Use chaos until you get something better on your astral plate... you can pick up some good stats here cheap
-roll life on your brood gyre steel ring (you have open prefix for elreon mod)
-buy lion's roar to replace sorrow of the divine
-save for steel rings

This will all be a huge boost. If you are needing res while you upgrade your gear, get diamond skin node (west of warriors blood) for 15 all res. Your gear is solid, I would just spam mid level maps and grind a bit. You have tons of life to get from tree/leveling still.

"
Hey Demipolos ty for great build! Lvl 87 atm and have about 2 ex to spend. Idk what my next upgrade should be there are not many rings/ammys that give me the same flat phys as mine and life. Should i save for the steel rings or maybee buy the uniques flask?

And btw uber izaro and the end game content is easier with cyclone right? I might swap SC to Cyclone later.

You're welcome man!

If you are looking for the fastest lab running setup for this build, it's SC. Uber Izaro isn't hard once you hare set up. I can make a video if you'd like to see. IMO SC setup is better (due to being faster while still crushing bosses) for all content in game except: core map, uber atziri, guardians, and shaper. I would suggest farming t12-15 maps until level 90+, then switch to cyclone if you want to farm the endgame bosses.

I can't see your characters (hidden on profile), so I can't tell what your flasks are)

I would upgrade your gear in roughly this order (or whatever you can get best deal on):
-roll blessed on megi till 34-35 str (remember, 10 str = 5 flat life and 2 % melee dmg)
-use ancestral warchief, not ancestral protector (it is way better)
-buy atziri flask (if you don't have), it's like 1 c or less
-there is an open mod on your dragon grasp ring; i can't tell if it's a prefix or suffix (rarity can be either)... go to elreon and add either a res or life depending on what's free
-buy lion's roar if you don't have
-upgrade your shield to one with good armour... this is a big help since you have abyssus
-upgrade to 3x good mod jewels if you don't have them
-upgrade to boots with 30 move speed (big deal... affects sc speed)
-upgrade to neck with same phys + life
-save save save for steel rings

well i even logged in here just to tell i like that build very much so far.
I'm new to the game, and i picked up this build in breech as my first character ever to make it to maps, I even added demopolis to steam to ask him some questions and he didn't hesitate to help me out.

As someone who has no idea what i'm doing, i started off slow, i asked some questions, I figured out what I was doing with the build, I made it to t15 maps with 760% facebreakers abysus and a 6 link astral plate and average rolls on rings and amulet.

If you are having problems with mana leech, take some mana regen/mana nodes, You can only sustain the mana leech once you get some damage.

Love the build will be doing it every league starter now that i know what i'm doing, The gear is semi cheap because not many people are using the pieces required.

10/10
Hey guys... since I had so many people asking about performance with non-legacy FB, I recorded some videos as I have been grinding lvl 93-94. You can't even notice the difference on t14-t15 maps. :D

The build works totally fine in leagues. Hope this helps people understand that legacy isn't needed at all. It's just like being a bow build and having a 400 dps bow vs a 500 dps bow. Both work well... the 400 dps bow (non-legacy fb) is 80% the dps of the 500 dps bow (the legacy fb). Once you are set up, the damage is already overkill on t15 maps even with non-legacy, so no big deal.

t14 mineral pools double boss with non-legacy FB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jr8PU71qrA&t=7s
t14 reef with non-legacy FB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMENvF2dAd8

Also, I am nearly at level 94. After I hit I will record some guardians and stuff so you guys can see performance on the hardest endgame content.

"
wurst0r wrote:
well i even logged in here just to tell i like that build very much so far.

Thanks man! Happy it is serving you well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info