(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

Playing this in Breach HC now.

How do you feel about http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Bringer_of_Rain instead of Abyssus? Would it work? Bad idea?

Also in your tree you grab the jewel node south of the start by taking the 10str node. Why not the take the 10 dex since we'll have more than enough str anyway? :)
Last edited by zankioh on Dec 3, 2016, 8:05:35 PM
"
zankioh wrote:

How do you feel about http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Bringer_of_Rain instead of Abyssus? Would it work? Bad idea?

Also in your tree you grab the jewel node south of the start by taking the 10str node. Why not the take the 10 dex since we'll have more than enough str anyway? :)

Playin in in bhc as well at the moment. Porbably gonna go for bor, as the extra damage from abyssus isnt really waht im lookingf or in hc. To compensate that dps loss, im going to get the old ones ward as a shield.
"
vkikas wrote:
Will try this build for Breach league. Thank you for sharing!

You're welcome man! Enjoy... served me well last league.

Getting these early upgrades will make things very smooth: meginords > wanderlust > facebreaker > cheap rare rings and ammy with flat phys > deep ones hide > tabula.

"
zankioh wrote:

Bringer of rain is a solid pick in HC, tho it will significantly lower your dps. That said I have a friend that played this version (with Abby) to lvl 92 in HC essence with no problems before he took a break from PoE. If I was going to use BoR, I'd probably go an entirely different route and make a gladiator with 75/75 block, and use voidheart for poison and bleeds. :D

With regards to the dex node vs str node... it is purely dependent on your gear! It probably will be most valuable to many people as dex. For me, I am over my requirements from the two dex rolls I have on my rings, and 10 str is superior. Don't forget... str is great for us. 50 str = 25 flat life and 10 % melee damage! Like I mention next to my trees... definitely customize as you see fit to match your gear. There are some good options right along the path to swap to more dex / more res / more int.

"
ErkiNool wrote:
Playin in in bhc as well at the moment. Porbably gonna go for bor, as the extra damage from abyssus isnt really waht im lookingf or in hc. To compensate that dps loss, im going to get the old ones ward as a shield.

Although great old ones is great dps... the swap you are describing doesn't make sense to me. You will end up with a character with similar physical mitigation, and less damage (at least at endgame). This is because the route you describe forgoes up to 2k armour on chest and on shield... instead of 12k base armour a character like this is likely to have 4k, which defeats the point of dropping abby for bringer. Losing 4 links is really hard for this build!

I am not saying Bringer isn't viable, because it is. But if you are playing HC, I definitely would not swap a good rare shield for great old ones! The damage should be enough anyway. I am going to experiment with a 75/75 block gladiator version with my spare duelist sometime soon. This should be really well tuned to HC... will report in.

"
vkikas wrote:

"
demopolos wrote:
Getting these early upgrades will make things very smooth: meginords > wanderlust > facebreaker > cheap rare rings and ammy with flat phys > deep ones hide > tabula.

Thank you for the tip! :)
"
demopolos wrote:
"
vkikas wrote:

"
zankioh wrote:

Bringer of rain is a solid pick in HC, tho it will significantly lower your dps. That said I have a friend that played this version (with Abby) to lvl 92 in HC essence with no problems before he took a break from PoE. If I was going to use BoR, I'd probably go an entirely different route and make a gladiator with 75/75 block, and use voidheart for poison and bleeds. :D

With regards to the dex node vs str node... it is purely dependent on your gear! It probably will be most valuable to many people as dex. For me, I am over my requirements from the two dex rolls I have on my rings, and 10 str is superior. Don't forget... str is great for us. 50 str = 25 flat life and 10 % melee damage! Like I mention next to my trees... definitely customize as you see fit to match your gear. There are some good options right along the path to swap to more dex / more res / more int.

"
ErkiNool wrote:

Although great old ones is great dps... the swap you are describing doesn't make sense to me. You will end up with a character with similar physical mitigation, and less damage (at least at endgame). This is because the route you describe forgoes up to 2k armour on chest and on shield... instead of 12k base armour a character like this is likely to have 4k, which defeats the point of dropping abby for bringer. Losing 4 links is really hard for this build!

I am not saying Bringer isn't viable, because it is. But if you are playing HC, I definitely would not swap a good rare shield for great old ones! The damage should be enough anyway. I am going to experiment with a 75/75 block gladiator version with my spare duelist sometime soon. This should be really well tuned to HC... will report in.

That is true indeed, was thinking about going for BoR+ good rare shield and picking champion ascendancy, but doesnt make much sense either. I just really dont want to run abyssus as a full on melee character in hc league. Will keep on looking for workaround.

And abby would be okay for mapping but most worried about oher endgame content such as uber lab and so on.
Last edited by ErkiNool on Dec 5, 2016, 1:29:36 AM
will try it on bhc
Am thinking of rerolling to this, been playing WI but already over it.

Is this build viable for guardians/shaper later on? (I expect using cyclone) or is it more for just a clear speed build to earn currency. (uber atziri would be nice too)

Also how does it perform in a group? Is 1 shotting packs with charge still viable or should I just be on cyclone.
Last edited by bitbite11 on Dec 5, 2016, 9:21:05 PM
After securing a decent jewel w/ Mana Leech on it, I'm finding that I'm still having tremendous mana issues that require me to keep a mana flask on my belt. Am I missing something, or is there another source for mana leech that I didn't catch?

EDIT - I'm going the Cyclone route, if that makes a difference. I'm only level 47 at the moment, so I don't have abyssus equipped, but I have all the other required gear (for the most part, lower tier stats on all pieces due to level).
Last edited by Gravelands on Dec 5, 2016, 10:12:38 PM
"
ErkiNool wrote:
That is true indeed, was thinking about going for BoR+ good rare shield and picking champion ascendancy, but doesnt make much sense either. I just really dont want to run abyssus as a full on melee character in hc league. Will keep on looking for workaround.

And abby would be okay for mapping but most worried about oher endgame content such as uber lab and so on.

I think that BoR and a good rare shield is a solid pick for HC. Abby CAN work, but since it's HC I would definitely wear a belly and focus on getting the life % nodes in tree early. If you are trying to go super tanky, I would play a gladiator and go 75/75 block (though this is a very different build). If you want a balanced build similar to this, I would go for Slayer. People really underestimate how much survivability it offers... it makes reflect easy (50% reduced), and the perma leech is REALLY OP. Slayer makes uber very easy, bc it makes traps a lot less punishing... you hit a few mobs early on and are regening 38%/second for the rest of the zone.

"
Kanses wrote:
will try it on bhc

Let me know how it goes! Ask away if you have any questions to optimize.

"
bitbite11 wrote:

Is this build viable for guardians/shaper later on? (I expect using cyclone) or is it more for just a clear speed build to earn currency. (uber atziri would be nice too)

Also how does it perform in a group? Is 1 shotting packs with charge still viable or should I just be on cyclone.

The build is definitely viable for guardians and shaper. I killed 2 guardians myself in league with it, and I was playing very casually. My friend completed all guardians and shaper with only his SC/warchief FB. TBH I was surprised he was able to kill shaper with SC/warchief setup, as I assumed cyclone would be mandatory for this content. He focused slightly more on life than me (dropped 2 jewel slots), and achieved 7.6k life. With cyclone, it's absolutely viable for all this content with tight play (solid survivability and OP dps... 1.4m std, and probly 1.15m league is attainable with full buff). I am going to do lvl 93-94 in spare time, then will run guardians/shaper on the build in std and create some video to share with you guys.

In terms of the group play... I typically can move/kill so fast that people can't keep up with me if I try (not my goal :p). When I hop in a 3 man t13 map, with my endgame gear I can still 1 shot with SC. That said... if you are going to run high tier maps in group, you do need a complete gear set to get the 1 shot experience (this means t1 phys on all jewelry + meginords + abysuss + 750% + FB). If you would like, I can do a carry with a couple people in group to show... :D

"
Gravelands wrote:
After securing a decent jewel w/ Mana Leech on it, I'm finding that I'm still having tremendous mana issues that require me to keep a mana flask on my belt. Am I missing something, or is there another source for mana leech that I didn't catch?

EDIT - I'm going the Cyclone route, if that makes a difference. I'm only level 47 at the moment, so I don't have abyssus equipped, but I have all the other required gear (for the most part, lower tier stats on all pieces due to level).

A single mana leech jewel IS enough to sustain the SC build without more mana support. The cyclone build requires more help, due to the higher mana cost. Please note that the mana leech jewel gets better and better as you gain dps. It's vital to get t1 physical on all jewelry/meginords.

You can see the mana support nodes I take in the cyclone tree I put in OP. In short, here is what you do in tree (the nodes alone are more than enough for me endgame... don't even need all I believe if you have good damage to facilitate leech):
-Relentless nodes (4 nodes, life/mana reduce, southwest of templar start)
-Righteous decree nodes (2 nodes, mana/mana reduce, west of templar start)
-Mana flows nodes (2 nodes, mana/mana regen/int, south of duelist start)

And here are quick and dirty solutions while you level (should not need with above nodes at endgame)
-Use blood magic/reduce mana in 6L as you level for transitional solution
-Find an elreon with -8 and a t1 flat physical roll (works insanely well, though you don't get the dmg from steel at end game... but saves several nodes in tree)
-Use a single mana flask, as you are :D

Hope this helps guys!

Last edited by demopolos on Dec 6, 2016, 1:00:58 AM
"
demopolos wrote:
"
ErkiNool wrote:

I think that BoR and a good rare shield is a solid pick for HC. Abby CAN work, but since it's HC I would definitely wear a belly and focus on getting the life % nodes in tree early. If you are trying to go super tanky, I would play a gladiator and go 75/75 block (though this is a very different build). If you want a balanced build similar to this, I would go for Slayer. People really underestimate how much survivability it offers... it makes reflect easy (50% reduced), and the perma leech is REALLY OP. Slayer makes uber very easy, bc it makes traps a lot less punishing... you hit a few mobs early on and are regening 38%/second for the rest of the zone.

"
Kanses wrote:
will try it on bhc

Let me know how it goes! Ask away if you have any questions to optimize.

"
bitbite11 wrote:

The build is definitely viable for guardians and shaper. I killed 2 guardians myself in league with it, and I was playing very casually. My friend completed all guardians and shaper with only his SC/warchief FB. TBH I was surprised he was able to kill shaper with SC/warchief setup, as I assumed cyclone would be mandatory for this content. He focused slightly more on life than me (dropped 2 jewel slots), and achieved 7.6k life. With cyclone, it's absolutely viable for all this content with tight play (solid survivability and OP dps... 1.4m std, and probly 1.15m league is attainable with full buff). I am going to do lvl 93-94 in spare time, then will run guardians/shaper on the build in std and create some video to share with you guys.

In terms of the group play... I typically can move/kill so fast that people can't keep up with me if I try (not my goal :p). When I hop in a 3 man t13 map, with my endgame gear I can still 1 shot with SC. That said... if you are going to run high tier maps in group, you do need a complete gear set to get the 1 shot experience (this means t1 phys on all jewelry + meginords + abysuss + 750% + FB). If you would like, I can do a carry with a couple people in group to show... :D

"
Gravelands wrote:

A single mana leech jewel IS enough to sustain the SC build without more mana support. The cyclone build requires more help, due to the higher mana cost. Please note that the mana leech jewel gets better and better as you gain dps. It's vital to get t1 physical on all jewelry/meginords.

You can see the mana support nodes I take in the cyclone tree I put in OP. In short, here is what you do in tree (the nodes alone are more than enough for me endgame... don't even need all I believe if you have good damage to facilitate leech):
-Relentless nodes (4 nodes, life/mana reduce, southwest of templar start)
-Righteous decree nodes (2 nodes, mana/mana reduce, west of templar start)
-Mana flows nodes (2 nodes, mana/mana regen/int, south of duelist start)

And here are quick and dirty solutions while you level (should not need with above nodes at endgame)
-Use blood magic/reduce mana in 6L as you level for transitional solution
-Find an elreon with -8 and a t1 flat physical roll (works insanely well, though you don't get the dmg from steel at end game... but saves several nodes in tree)
-Use a single mana flask, as you are :D

Hope this helps guys!

When will you add videos (if there are not already) killing guardians please? Any other updates to skill tree for 2.5? Btw,thank you sir for giving me around 100 hours of fun with this supreme build (last time I have played it,it was 2.2 or 2.3 ,I am not sure)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info