Path of Maps - Track your map runs

Client bug:

1. Open settings.
2. Click "Manage Dangerous Map Mods".
3. Click "Add" without doing anything else (eg: selection is empty)

C# error report pops up, probably a null deref or something.

Client wishlist:

Automatically detect when a map is started, but has not been recorded. The client.txt log contains lines like this for each area entered:

2017/10/29 19:06:01 1116232031 caf [DEBUG Client 16772] Entering area Hideout7_3

Using that, the (relatively) short list of map names could be determined, and a missing "start map" could be observed and trigger an appropriate response. (eg: record the map, prompt the user to manually set mods, remind them of the hotkey, etc)

Client wishlist:

I have two monitors, and so I place the PoM client on the second monitor. Many of the dialogs like to pop up in what feels like a random position on the first monitor, over PoE.

It would be great if they all took into account the position of the main window, and tried to put themselves right above it, or placed relative to it, when they opened.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Oct 29, 2017, 8:03:10 PM
Client wishlist: show the number of portals remaining on the current map. Since zone changes can be detected from the client.txt log, which is already being parsed, it should be possible to determine when the player returns to one of the three locations that they can enter a top level map from.

It would be a nice bonus to track the map-within-a-map of zana missions inside a map, but that seems more complex. :)

Client wishlist:

It would be great to remove the confirmation dialog from the "end" button. The chat command doesn't require it, and "reopen" should work if I accidentally hit it at the wrong time.

Client wishlist:

It'd be nice to show the previous map details in the client when you stop the map, at least for a while. They are on the site, of course, but ... it's nice to have the reference to hand.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Oct 30, 2017, 8:47:26 PM
About the portal count: a lot of people chain the same map, over and over. Can you make a difference between 2 different maps of the same type?
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
"
niuage wrote:
About the portal count: a lot of people chain the same map, over and over. Can you make a difference between 2 different maps of the same type?

You need to tell the client when you start and end a map, so ... yes?
Hey man! This is a fantastic tool! Too bad I only discovered it now and not in Harbinger. When is Abyss league support comming? I dont think I can track new maps as pickups and im getting a "couldnt log item, try again" error a lot while trying to add drops.
I'll try to get it done during these holidays :)
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Hi.

I love this little tool.
Although, I have seen on some maps at the website, it shows the total value of the drops?
But that aint showed on mine, how can I add it? :D

Thx for a great tool
And it wont Log any Maps that drops? Only Tropical Island
"
niuage wrote:
I'll try to get it done during these holidays :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ niuage TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Between health issues and three weeks of 6 day work weeks, I'm finally reaching maps. Would be great timing if you could get this done soon. <3

I guess a lot of stuff needs updating since there were a lot of updates to the Atlas but would just adding the league to the list at least make it basically work or are the maps read from a list when it comes to tiers etc. so you need to provide a new map database?
... is not a troll
I would offer you money to motivate you to update but looking at your supporter titles, you rather seem to have the normal adult problems of money but no time/too many commitments.
I wish GGG had something similar. Every new league I realize how much less I enjoy mapping without keeping track and looking back at the hauls.
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info