(2.2) Demopolos' Windripper: 197k LA Chain/270k SA Chain/300k TS/821k Burning Arrow

"
Etherfire wrote:
Well, personally I'd like to see a video or two with LA, and maybe also an Atziri run, to see how it compares to voltaxic rift. I'm positive that that the clear speed is better, due to being capped on crit, but I'm not too sure about single target.

Also, have you thought about using skyforth boots, and dropping the heralds and instead using a +1 to gems maligaro with wrath, anger, empower and enlighten? Because then you could potentially have level 26 auras, which would be insane, as well as having a reliable power charge generator for boss fights.

One last thing, how do you feel about the flask nodes in the ranger area?

Sure- I'll put up some vids of LA and an atziri run sometime soon.

Skyforth boots are probably BiS for this build if you min max around them. I would have tested them already, but I only have a few ex to my name! I have wanted to get rid of the curse on hit setup for the longest time, as it's unreliable if you ever have an extended boss fight or run out of mobs on the level before the fight.

The empowered anger/wrath would indeed be awesome. I like the idea of +1 gloves, but I think that if I could drop CoH - Assass mark, there is probably no more impactful upgrade than getting free ele weak on implicit on maligaros!

In terms of the flask nodes... are you talking about arcane/profane chemistry? I am not a fan of them, as I don't think they are that strong to begin with and the pathing to get there feels inefficient. Nothin OPOP like the witch flask nodes!
That attack speed - holy shit. Reminds me of the wand frenzy builds back in the old days. Nice build
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 6, 2016, 1:09:45 AM
Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant druidic rite and primal spirit. Lots of mana, along with flask charges gained and a bit of flask duration. More flask spammy time, especially the crazy ones like vessel of vinktar.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Ceryneian wrote:
That attack speed - holy shit. Reminds me of the wand frenzy builds back in the old days. Nice build

Thanks bro. :)

Yeah, I love the look and feel of the attack speed. It's also nice vs. reflect (don't 1 shot yourself if you forget to flask), and for silly knockback!

"
Etherfire wrote:
Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant druidic rite and primal spirit. Lots of mana, along with flask charges gained and a bit of flask duration. More flask spammy time, especially the crazy ones like vessel of vinktar.

Both of sets of flask nodes are pretty interesting, and may have a place in leagues with the change to surgeon's.

My first reaction, is that once a character is leveled and decently geared, you only really need 1-2 sets of nodes in tree to run mana based (I generally find mana flows best in my standard maligaro setup). As you said, the more powerful non-surgeon's flasks in build (atziri flask/vinktar's) you run, the better these nodes become. If the extra flask charge gen makes these more efficient for your setup, why not!

The problem for me, is that I like the ease of play of having anti freeze/chill and perma uptime on my topaz flask, and I often use a granite flask over atziri flask for free 25 % phys reduction (the dps is already overkill most of the time) already. Though to be a tooltip warrior, I should probly take some sexier screens with higher dps due to vinks. :p
"
demopolos wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Thanks bro. :)

Yeah, I love the look and feel of the attack speed. It's also nice vs. reflect (don't 1 shot yourself if you forget to flask), and for silly knockback!

Yeah I saw the Precinct clear video - crazy clear speed. Just curious - what kind of DPS are you getting with Ele Hit singlet target? I know BA is the highest because of the sick base damage, but wanted to compare to Ele Hit.
Hello there,

Is there any chance that you could post the passive tree like in 5 steps? im relatively new and it would help a lot, of course if you have time :)
Updated OP (leveling section) with a tree for level 40 and level 70. Fixed some formatting issues as well. New videos with some other skills and different maps to come as soon as I have some free time.

"
Ceryneian wrote:
Yeah I saw the Precinct clear video - crazy clear speed. Just curious - what kind of DPS are you getting with Ele Hit singlet target? I know BA is the highest because of the sick base damage, but wanted to compare to Ele Hit.

You know... I have a 19/20 ele hit. I don't remember off the top of my head, but it was like 1/2 the dps of burning arrow, maybe even less. The skill is interesting, and I wish they'd buff it. :(

"
szawi19 wrote:
Hello there,

Is there any chance that you could post the passive tree like in 5 steps? im relatively new and it would help a lot, of course if you have time :)

Here are two lower level trees:

Level 40(ish)- poeurl.com/vBV
Level 70(ish)- poeurl.com/vBW

5 steps feels like a bit much, as you have 2 earlier versions, and the final product as well. :)

Honestly, this really comes down to preference. There isn't necessarily a best route, you just need to decide if you want to charge the offensive or defensive nodes first. With a build like this, I think of offense as defense, as I'd rather just kill things in 1-2 shots before they get near me (makes for faster leveling too). You can just kind of decide if you want to make a beeline for the sexy crit nodes (this is what I prioritized in the level 40 version), or if you want to collect your life % nodes and acrobatics up front.

One tip: Use life gain on hit on earlier levels. This will be more healing than life leech until you get big dps, and negates the need for vaal pact (preserving regen).

Hope this helps!
Last edited by demopolos on Jan 7, 2016, 9:06:28 PM
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/thecreator423/characters

Can you take a look at my gear and my jewel? I got only 110k dps full buff TS. What should i replace?
Last edited by Blitzyyy on Jan 13, 2016, 1:25:26 AM
If I'd want to use LA instead of SA which exactly mana nodes should I pick?
Also what single target gem you guys find most effective and what setup? Barrage, Blast Rain or still Burning Arrow?
"

Can you take a look at my gear and my jewel? I got only 110k dps full buff TS. What should i replace?

On my acuity version I have 166k TS with charges, and 213k with vaal haste/atziri flask, so you definitely have room for your guy to grow if you min/max gear and gems. Your gear is already pretty nice though, so the upgrades get pretty incremental from here on out.

I would need to see your amulet and jewels as well to fully give you feedback (and this is a lot of the dps in our tree). From what I see:

-Death's Grasp ring is probably the easiest and most impactful replacement. If you can get a diamond ring rolled with 30+ WED, and 2 of the following; accuracy/attack speed/flat lightning damage, this will be a huge dps jump.

-Getting 21/20 added lightning and added cold damage will be a very large upgrade, as this is flat ele dmg that all your dps scales off of.

-For the same reason as above, getting 21/20 heralds helps.

-I might be missing something, but I am not seeing wrath in your setup. This is a big chunk of your dps. Ideally get this 21/20 (one of the higher priority gems to get vaal version of).

"
blasphammerr wrote:
If I'd want to use LA instead of SA which exactly mana nodes should I pick?
Also what single target gem you guys find most effective and what setup? Barrage, Blast Rain or still Burning Arrow?

In terms of using LA, it's hard to answer without more information. Are you maligaro or acuity version?

If maligaro's, I would use some combination of the following:
-An elreon ring with -8 mana cost and a 20+ WED roll (preferably diamond)
-Soul Siphon
-Mana Flows
-Pick up a couple of -5% mana cost of skills mods on jewels

A lot depends on your gear, but doing 2-3 of the above should make LA feel smooth. For me with an elreon, soul siphon, and a single -5% mana cost mod, I remember feeling good with LA on maligaro version. I remember the elreon feeling interchangable with mana flows.

In terms of single target... I just started testing blast rain right now, and even at 14/20 the skill feels very strong. It seems that this is the best 6L: blast rain - WED - added light - added cold - conc effect - fast attacks.

I haven't played enough with it to say 100 % that it's better than burning arrow, but it feels like a really great option. I have 180k paper dps with it already... so if all 4 of those explosions actually overlap, it's a good bit more damage than burning arrow (though I am not sure it works this way).

I have yet to really test barrage, so I can't give you input there!

Last edited by demopolos on Jan 14, 2016, 8:50:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info