(2.2) Demopolos' Windripper: 197k LA Chain/270k SA Chain/300k TS/821k Burning Arrow

Can you test barrage volley fire. I saw a video and it seemed amazing with chain.

Edit. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1513844/page/1

amazing with 4 volley fires. We could use less. Imagine that with the insane damage of windripper. Your build gets twice his damage and look how fast he is clearing. Each volley fire is a gmp gem pretty much that you can use unlimited times.

Edit 2. Also, there is no damage penalty also. Take your current damage and multiply it by 1.25. That is insane. 200k becomes 250k just like that and barrage with 3 or 4 volley fires has way more arrows than split (with 4 it has 20 projectiles). I may be forgetting something important but please let me know of what you think of my thoughts on barrage.
Last edited by WhoEvenAmISquared on Dec 17, 2015, 10:49:54 PM
"
Can you test barrage volley fire. I saw a video and it seemed amazing with chain.

Edit. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1513844/page/1

amazing with 4 volley fires. We could use less. Imagine that with the insane damage of windripper. Your build gets twice his damage and look how fast he is clearing. Each volley fire is a gmp gem pretty much that you can use unlimited times.

That video's a bad example since there was a bug(see patch notes 2.1.1) where on each Chain, it would re-apply the Volley Fire projectiles, effectively meaning that so long as there were enemies left to Chain off of, you would spawn an infinite number of projectiles per attack.

Doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad now. If you still do enough damage to 1 shot everything, then it could clear faster than Split Arrow, if only because it fires more projectiles than Split Arrow, meaning you get more one shot kills/attack. But now that it no longer deals infinite damage, you do actually need good enough gear for that to be the case, while also having enough spare passives to specifically spec for the Jewels, so it might not necessarily be worth it. You also miss out on the Jewel Socket, which can be a lot of life and damage that you'd otherwise want.

That being said, a single Volley Fire brings Barrage's # of projectiles from 4 to 8, which is already more than Split Arrow, and a second brings it up to 12. So who knows might be worth testing.

Oh, thanks for the info, I didn't know about the bug, but This build does 1shot almost all mobs, sometimes even bosses. I feel it might be worth it and still is worth testing. Remember, you will still gain 25% damage that was lost from gmp.
Last edited by WhoEvenAmISquared on Dec 19, 2015, 8:49:57 AM
"
Oh, thanks for the info, I didn't know about the bug, but This build does 1shot almost all mobs, sometimes even bosses. I feel it might be worth it and still is worth testing. Remember, you will still gain 25% damage that was lost from gmp.

It definitely looks interesting! One thing that's rough... is the massive amount of my damage that comes from jewels. I think that the jewels themselves are likely more dps loss than gaining the link. I might be wrong though, and will try to test.

Also thanks for the info, Shotgun_Surgeon!
Hey dude, i only play on Talisman and have never played on standard, i was wondering, is the gear that makes this build 'one shot everything' even attainable on Talisman? I mean, what is the basic gear to make this build stand out and be optimised enough to be good? Is it just Windripper, Mali's, 6 link chest? are rings/amulets/belts easy enough to get good enough stats on for a reasonable price? (i know this is asking quite a lot, and i wouldn't be shocked if you didn't do this) but could you possibly make a mini-list of what stats should be prioritised on rings/amulets/belts? Because getting rings etc like yours would cost waaay too much on talisman, so could you possibly just say what stats are highly preferred/essential to make this build good? I massively appreciate you taking your time to read this, thanks alot.
"
Mandibles wrote:
Hey dude, i only play on Talisman and have never played on standard, i was wondering, is the gear that makes this build 'one shot everything' even attainable on Talisman? I mean, what is the basic gear to make this build stand out and be optimised enough to be good? Is it just Windripper, Mali's, 6 link chest? are rings/amulets/belts easy enough to get good enough stats on for a reasonable price? (i know this is asking quite a lot, and i wouldn't be shocked if you didn't do this) but could you possibly make a mini-list of what stats should be prioritised on rings/amulets/belts? Because getting rings etc like yours would cost waaay too much on talisman, so could you possibly just say what stats are highly preferred/essential to make this build good? I massively appreciate you taking your time to read this, thanks alot.

Thanks for checking out the build! I'm happy to answer as best as I can. :)

The short version: Yes you can get that "one shot" dps on Talisman, but it will take some time tuning and min/maxing around the best gear you can get your hands on. In my opinion, an ele bow build generally gets higher dps at a given price point relative to phys bow (due to the scaling of your flat elemental damage from auras and gear alongside WED), so I do think this is a good choice for leagues in terms of bang for the buck.

You got it right on the uniques, you really need:
-maligaro's
-rat's nest
-windripper (or a solid rare with high crit/attack speed/some flat ele damage)

At chest slot, you really need a 6L of some kind for full damage:
-A rare is a good option (especially to balance out res)
-Belly of the beast is amazing for life
-Lightning coil is really good (especially for reflect)
-Daresso's opens up option for cwdt - immortal call
-Tabula works while leveling/building wealth, but res will be hard

I'll make a list of mods on those rare gear slots. The big caveat is that regardless of any order of importance for mods, you need to balance your res to all be capped, and to get as close to 95% crit (with all power charges up) as possible. Int is simply a challenge on this build (due to high req auras); you generally either need 2 high rolls on your rings, acuity, or to use the unique jewel with a massive int boost (Fertile mind- you get over 90 in the right spot on the tree). Also, you really want to have 2 good accuracy rolls (or 3 mid ones) between your quiver/ammy/2 rings, or you will be below 90 % acc.

So you'll find things broken down by implicit/prefix/suffix in the order I believe to be most efficient to prioritize for each slot:

Belt:
Implicit- life > strength
Prefixes- weapon elemental damage (vital) > life > armour > move speed
Suffixes- resists > strength

Amulet:

Implicit- strength/int > int > dex/int > item rarity
Prefixes- Weapon elemental damage > life > flat elemental damage (lightning best) > eva % > mana (if not BM version)
Suffixes- Crit multi (vital) > crit chance > accuracy > lightning damage % > int > resist all > single resists

Rings:

Implicit- crit > all res > dual res > single res > life > chaos res
Prefix- weapon elemental damage (vital) > life > flat elemental damage (lightning best) > eva % > mana (if not BM version)
Suffixes- accuracy (very efficient here) > int > attack speed > all res > single res

All this being said, there as some easy ways to make the build more budgeted. Definitely try to pick up some res on your jewels to alleviate stress (and the price tag) on other gear. Using fertile mind in the 2nd jewel slot to the east of scion start will allow you to not worry about int on your rings. I hope this all helps!

"
demopolos wrote:
"
Mandibles wrote:

Thanks for checking out the build! I'm happy to answer as best as I can. :)

The short version: Yes you can get that "one shot" dps on Talisman, but it will take some time tuning and min/maxing around the best gear you can get your hands on. In my opinion, an ele bow build generally gets higher dps at a given price point relative to phys bow (due to the scaling of your flat elemental damage from auras and gear alongside WED), so I do think this is a good choice for leagues in terms of bang for the buck.

You got it right on the uniques, you really need:
-maligaro's
-rat's nest
-windripper (or a solid rare with high crit/attack speed/some flat ele damage)

At chest slot, you really need a 6L of some kind for full damage:
-A rare is a good option (especially to balance out res)
-Belly of the beast is amazing for life
-Lightning coil is really good (especially for reflect)
-Daresso's opens up option for cwdt - immortal call
-Tabula works while leveling/building wealth, but res will be hard

I'll make a list of mods on those rare gear slots. The big caveat is that regardless of any order of importance for mods, you need to balance your res to all be capped, and to get as close to 95% crit (with all power charges up) as possible. Int is simply a challenge on this build (due to high req auras); you generally either need 2 high rolls on your rings, acuity, or to use the unique jewel with a massive int boost (Fertile mind- you get over 90 in the right spot on the tree). Also, you really want to have 2 good accuracy rolls (or 3 mid ones) between your quiver/ammy/2 rings, or you will be below 90 % acc.

So you'll find things broken down by implicit/prefix/suffix in the order I believe to be most efficient to prioritize for each slot:

Belt:
Implicit- life > strength
Prefixes- weapon elemental damage (vital) > life > armour > move speed
Suffixes- resists > strength

Amulet:

Implicit- strength/int > int > dex/int > item rarity
Prefixes- Weapon elemental damage > life > flat elemental damage (lightning best) > eva % > mana (if not BM version)
Suffixes- Crit multi (vital) > crit chance > accuracy > lightning damage % > int > resist all > single resists

Rings:

Implicit- crit > all res > dual res > single res > life > chaos res
Prefix- weapon elemental damage (vital) > life > flat elemental damage (lightning best) > eva % > mana (if not BM version)
Suffixes- accuracy (very efficient here) > int > attack speed > all res > single res

All this being said, there as some easy ways to make the build more budgeted. Definitely try to pick up some res on your jewels to alleviate stress (and the price tag) on other gear. Using fertile mind in the 2nd jewel slot to the east of scion start will allow you to not worry about int on your rings. I hope this all helps!

Wow man, thanks a lot for clarifying all of this and answering my questions, absolutely dead on in answering what i wanted to know. Hugely appreciate the clear amounts of effort that you've put in to your response :) I'll definitely be making this build in this league, looks absolutely mint mate :) who knows, i might be lucky enough to see a windripper drop (PRAY FOR ME) and i'll be ready to one shot every peasant that gets in my way :] Thanks again for responding so clearly and precisely mate.
Nice build, i am now 91 and just got a 6link rare chest on. Everything shatters nicely without legacy items.

Thinking of trying ur MF guide to farm more expensive upgrades for my ranger now. One of the most fun characters ive had in poe. Can recommend this guide.
I've been playing around with some other skills, and Lightning Arrow and Rain of Arrows both felt pretty good (esp conc effect on rain of arrows for single-ish target). Will test out the newer skills if I get some sales on my shop and can buy the gems. :)

Any requests for video of gameplay with this build and any particular skills? For me split arrow has still felt the most well-rounded for overall aoe clear speed, but I must say I like the look of light arrow way more...

"
Mandibles wrote:
Wow man, thanks a lot for clarifying all of this and answering my questions, absolutely dead on in answering what i wanted to know. Hugely appreciate the clear amounts of effort that you've put in to your response :) I'll definitely be making this build in this league, looks absolutely mint mate :) who knows, i might be lucky enough to see a windripper drop (PRAY FOR ME) and i'll be ready to one shot every peasant that gets in my way :] Thanks again for responding so clearly and precisely mate.

You're welcome man! :)

Hope the ranger is going well for you... good luck getting your hands on a ripper! A rare can do the job though if it's well rolled. Let me know if you've got any other questions.

"
emb wrote:
Nice build, i am now 91 and just got a 6link rare chest on. Everything shatters nicely without legacy items.

Thinking of trying ur MF guide to farm more expensive upgrades for my ranger now. One of the most fun characters ive had in poe. Can recommend this guide.

Thanks for the feedback and recommendation! Happy the build is working for you... I have tons of fun with this guy too, and am probably goin to put the time in to grind out a few more lvls on it sometime soon.

I do feel like this build scales really well on a budget compared to phys bow, and is a good option for leagues. The legacy stuff is definitely not required.

If it's not too much of a hassle, would you be willing to post your gear and some benchmark stats (dps with charges/life) for people? It might be helpful to set expectations for what you can achieve without the legacy gear.

I really like the totem MF build! If you give it a go, definitely let me know if you have any questions. It's pretty damn good for building wealth... I find that I get about 3 full inventories of rares and a bunch of currency on each map, which I could see being quite a boost in leagues.
Well, personally I'd like to see a video or two with LA, and maybe also an Atziri run, to see how it compares to voltaxic rift. I'm positive that that the clear speed is better, due to being capped on crit, but I'm not too sure about single target.

Also, have you thought about using skyforth boots, and dropping the heralds and instead using a +1 to gems maligaro with wrath, anger, empower and enlighten? Because then you could potentially have level 26 auras, which would be insane, as well as having a reliable power charge generator for boss fights.

One last thing, how do you feel about the flask nodes in the ranger area?
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info