(2.2) Demopolos' Windripper: 197k LA Chain/270k SA Chain/300k TS/821k Burning Arrow

Hi all!

Here's my all-purpose Windripper. It is focused on min-maxxing around the Raider subclass and Dark Ray Vectors, stacking a total of 10 Frenzy charges. This allows us to get crazy boosts in damage, move speed, and dodge. I am really pleased with this setup, by far the best performing bow guy I've played! It's got dps numbers that scale as high as mirror bow physical builds, and it costs quite a bit less.

You can flexibly use whatever skills you want... I am currently enjoying Lightning Arrow and Blast Rain the best. Check the screenshots section for my stats with a variety of skills. :)

Build Highlights (level 93):
- 300k tornado shot/270k split arrow/ 197k Lightning Arrow for aoe
- 821k burning arrow/269k blast rain for single target
- 4.1k life (option to drop dps to go up to 5k)
- 26k evasion
- 5k armour
- 60% dodge / 30% spell dodge (up to 75/66% with vaal grace)
- 75/75/75% ele res (really always 75/75/81 with perma topaz)
- Capped crit for 100% surgeon's flask uptime
- 2.4% instant life leech
- Insane 178% move speed
- Reflect isn't an issue due to 2.4% leech in tree + VP (or acuity) + perma topaz flask (dmg mostly lightning)
- Free 75 iir 25 iiq in build without losing dps
- Optional higher defense/slightly lower dps version with acuity (details below)

Video of gameplay:
(2.2) 79 Shipyard in 2:50- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vESvVk3klM

Older Videos
(2.1) 80 Courtyard (double boss @ 1:30)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6biUR6Z5-LQ
(2.1) 79 Village Ruin (boss kill)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6inkf2C180
(2.0) 76 Gorge (2:15 speed run)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHc-X0sSM3o
(2.0) 78 Precinct- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_naKPRmmvg
(2.0) 80 Waterways- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCP6rhx5l-o

Passive Tree, Subclass, and Bandits
Spoiler
Here's my tree at lvl 93:
VP/Maligaro version: poeurl.com/Cmp
Acuity version: poeurl.com/Cmq

Subclass:
Raider is just amazing for us, since we are min/max around frenzy charges. Grab Avatar of Slaughter and Rapid Assault for a massive dps boost.

Bandits:
40 life / 8% speed / frenzy charge

Gear:
Spoiler

Endgame Standard VP/Maligaro's version:
Spoiler

And this can be used to smooth mana without changing tree (for more expensive skill like LA):

Endgame Standard Acuity version:
Spoiler

***Note- this is pricey endgame standard gear. The maligaro version of the build can be built efficiently on a budget with non-legacy windripper, or a well rolled rare bow. You can cut costs by using non-legacy quiver and ammy as well.***

Flasks:
Spoiler

*Note* I swap the granite for atziri depending on the map/situation)

Jewels:
Spoiler
Here are my current Jewels:

Jewel's make up a lot of our dps. Ideally you want a combination of 3-4 of the following (roughly in this order of priority):
-life %
-attack speed with bows
-projectile damage %
-crit multi with elemental skills (if using ele skills)
-area damage %
-attack speed
-damage %
-lightning damage %
-all res
-dual res
-global multi
-crit chance with elemental skills (if using ele skills)
-global crit
-attack and cast speed
-mana cost reduction
-evasion %
-missing single res or int roll

Screenshots:
Spoiler
Offensive Stats:
Spoiler
-Lightning Arrow/Chain with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power (154k):
-Lightning Arrow/Chain with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power + atziri flaks + vaal haste (197k):
-Split Arrow/chain with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power (213k):
-Split arrow/chain with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power + atziri flaks + vaal haste (270k):
-Tornado Shot with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power (235k):
-Tornado Shot with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power + atziri flask + vaal haste (297k):
-Burning arrow with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power (647k):
Spoiler
[url]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/264960339436135702/2821AE85FA13C96B4E259E37C58C250A9CB7BF3F/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to=*,*|2048:1152&background-color=black[/url]

-Burning arrow with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power + atziri flask + vaal haste (821k):
-Blast Rain (lvl 19 gem) with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power (212k):
-Blast Rain (lvl 19 gem) with auras + golem + BR + 10 frenzy + 3 power + atziri flask + vaal haste (269k):

Defensive Stats:

Gems:
Spoiler
6L AoE options:
#1: lightning arrow - chain - gmp - weapon ele damage - added light damage - added cold damage
#2: split arrow - chain - weapon ele damage - added light damage - added cold damage - faster attacks
#3: tornado shot - gmp - weapon ele damage - added light damage - added cold damage - faster attacks

6L single target options:
#1: burning arrow - weapon elemental damage - added light damage - added cold damage - added crit damage - faster attacks OR slower projectiles
#2: blast rain - weapon elemental damage - added light damage - added cold damage - concentrated effect - faster attacks OR slower projectiles

4L: herald of ice - herald of thunder - curse on hit - assassins mark
4L: blood rage - enhance - ice golem - vaal haste OR vaal grace
4L: blink arrow - faster projectiles - wrath - enlighten

Build Mechanics
Spoiler
Frenzy Charges
I run with 10 Frenzy charges. These are generated naturally through killing mobs with bloodrage on (and also from Raider subclass). These create a huge amount of move speed, attack speed, dodge, and "more" damage due to Darkray Vectors and Avatar of slaughter.

Power Charges
I run with 3 power charges (enough to cap my crit). These are generated from curse on hit + herald of ice + herald of thunder + assassin's mark).

Flat Elemental Damage
Just a note that flat elemental damage is very very strong with this build because of the super high attack speed and weapon elemental damage/elemental damage mods in tree and gears. This means that the levels on your herald of ice, herald of thunder, wrath, and added lightning damage are very impactful (and that level 21 gems are a big boost).

Leveling Trees and Tips on Gearing/Skills:
Spoiler
Leveling Trees
Spoiler
Level 40(ish)- poeurl.com/vBV
Level 70(ish)- poeurl.com/vBW

Skills:
Spoiler
-TS scales way better until you have a really high dps setup. This will do a ton of work leveling, and should include as many of these links as you can fit, in this order of importance: TS > GMP > WED > Added light damage > Added cold damage > fast attacks.

-Flat elemental damage is incredibly important for this build, so the earlier you can work in your aura's, the better. I would probably rank them in this order of importance: wrath > herald of ice > herald of thunder. Elreon rings, enlighten gem, charisma (in tree), mana leech node (the hybrid 4% one), and mana on hit jewels can help to make this possible.

Gear:
Spoiler
-As links are so important on bow builds, I highly recommend getting a tabula rasa to start. Having a 6L from the beginning is invaluable, and will help you in leveling any character in the future.

- Use whatever bow has the highest speed, crit, and flat elemental you can find at a given level. At level 1, you can use Storm Cloud, and at level 32 you can use Death's Harp. After this shoot for a rare that is an upgrade, or if you can afford it, a non-legacy windripper.... they are very solid, and in standard I see them for 3 ex without links (unneeded alongside tabula).

-If you can get your hands on 2 elreon rings with - 8 mana cost, they are incredibly OP for leveling, and can totally trivialize mana costs. They can be helpful later on if you want to have flexibility with mana (avoid mana nodes in tree, or use more expensive skills like LA). Any other and other helpful stats you get are just a bonus, but some combination of crit, WED, life, attack speed, resists, flat elemental damage) is really awesome. See crit ring I multimodded in my gear in OP for an endgame example (in acuity version of gear).

-Maligaro's are incredible for leveling if they are affordable for you... as this is a crit build, this really helps early on as you are haven't had a chance to grab all the gg bow crit nodes in tree yet. They are incredibly OP at lvl 21!

-Low level req necks with some combination of crit chance, crit multi, weapon elemental damage, flat elemental damage... are a big boost offensively too. You could get an elreon neck, but this would probably be very expensive with good stats.

-Although they lack movement speed, Wake of Destruction boots have a massive 1-120 lightning damage roll on them, and can be used at level 28 if you are hurting for damage. Sneaking some extra flat elemental damage or WED on your rares is a big help as well. Lioneye's boots are a good option too, and have move speed as well.

For your endgame rares, here's a reference for finding the right pieces. You'll find things broken down by implicit/prefix/suffix in the order I believe to be most efficient to prioritize for each slot:

Belt:
Implicit- life > strength
Prefixes- weapon elemental damage (vital) > life > armour > move speed
Suffixes- resists > strength

Amulet:

Implicit- strength/int > int > dex/int > item rarity
Prefixes- Weapon elemental damage > life > flat elemental damage (lightning best) > eva % > mana (if not BM version)
Suffixes- Crit multi (vital) > crit chance > accuracy > lightning damage % > int > resist all > single resists

Rings:

Implicit- crit > all res > dual res > single res > life > chaos res
Prefix- weapon elemental damage (vital) > life > flat elemental damage (lightning best) > eva % > mana (if not BM version)
Suffixes- accuracy (very efficient here) > int > attack speed > all res > single res

My Shops:

I really appreciate your thoughts/feedback/constructive criticism. I will try to answer questions, but am pretty busy these days so you might get a slow response. Feel free to msg me when I'm on as well! My IGN: Demopolos

Thanks guys!

Last edited by demopolos on Apr 24, 2016, 3:52:02 AM
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2016, 1:46:46 AM
what is the dps without a legacy crit multiplier quiver ?

do you have any videos with the build in action ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
This is a very interesting Build, but i guess it's not recommended as a first char for new leagues ?

Getting Windripper shouldn't be a problem but the rest of the gear looks very expensive!

Are you able to do All content including Uber?
i think you might be interested in what i did with my old wr build to squeeze out more dps.
you can see it here
the stats there were at around level 84 i believe and i definitely didnt have as much dmg on the tree as you. i was only picking up life as i levelled at that point.
Ugh effort
Last edited by aStrayGami on Nov 19, 2015, 7:09:05 PM
"
azamantes wrote:
what is the dps without a legacy crit multiplier quiver ?

do you have any videos with the build in action ?

The legacy roll on the quiver is pretty important. I don't have a really strong non legacy quiver to compare to, but if it was otherwise identical but 30 less multi, i'd probly lose around 5 % of my total dps. However a perfect non legacy crit base quiver with t1 WED/crit/multi/speed might be comparable/better than mine!

I'll try to figure out how to record a run or two later tonight, and will happily post! :)

"
This is a very interesting Build, but i guess it's not recommended as a first char for new leagues ?

Getting Windripper shouldn't be a problem but the rest of the gear looks very expensive!

Are you able to do All content including Uber?

Thanks, I'm loving it. I think you could definitely build this in league effectively. New windripper works just fine, and even a good rare with crit/speed/flat ele dmg could suffice (Stormcloud gg early lvling too). So much of the dmg just comes from auras and flat ele, so you can achieve decent dps with inexpensive gear. However, I doubt u could get power equal to an incinerate or facebreaker build on a super cheap budget.

In terms of the content... the build has been able to do most everything I've tried so far. Atziri was easy, but I left the ubering to my mjolner/coc characters since they are OP vs that content. I think that this build can do uber, but you would need to change a few key things (i.e. using daresso's + cwdt + IC to mitigate physical damage), and you would need better micro than facetank like mjolner requires (which I might not possess ;p). I might make some tweaks and give this a try, but I have enjoyed this character being optimized for mapping clear speed.

80 + maps have been just fine. - Max res and ele reflect together are unplayable. Blood magic results in 1/2 dps due to no auras (still is fine), and i swap HoT for purity of ele on ele weak. Everything else has been no problem.

"
aStrayGami wrote:
i think you might be interested in what i did with my old wr build to squeeze out more dps.
you can see it here
the stats there were at around level 84 i believe and i definitely didnt have as much dmg on the tree as you. i was only picking up life as i levelled at that point.

I took a look at your thread, but it's just your gear so I don't know anything about your tree etc. Though your dps with the same buffs (and onslaught too) is 53k lower on split arrow. The ways you chose to get dps that I didn't take:

-Onslaught: I opted out of this for what I consider better pathing in tree. Onslaught isn't up on bosses, and that's the only time I ever feel like I need more dps... so I choose sources that feel more consistent.
-Vaal Haste: This is great and all but I would have to cut something out of my links for this. I would either loose 6 % speed that is always up and some minion life from dropping enhance, or I would lose speed on my blink arrow from dropping faster projectiles. Neither feel worth it to me, and if I was going to drop it, it would be for vaal grace for my defense.
Last edited by demopolos on Nov 20, 2015, 10:19:45 PM
Just had a little time and updated OP with some gameplay on a 78 Precinct. Finished map in about 3' 45'' with 4 mobs left... pretty fast! :)

Also, if you guys wanna see how it handles reflect, I encountered 2 different ele reflect rares in there too. You can see health dip, but it's really no prob for this setup.
Last edited by demopolos on Nov 20, 2015, 11:18:19 PM
uber should be easy with ur pretty decent evasion and high dps. bow is probably the fastest uber clearing build now that low life spectral throw is gone.

nice build
yep plz post uber clear video :D
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
OP updated with a build mechanics section, a bit more information on jewels, and a video gameplay on a harder map.

Here's a quick run on a lvl 80 Waterways map (also in OP): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCP6rhx5l-o

"
YJShin wrote:
uber should be easy with ur pretty decent evasion and high dps. bow is probably the fastest uber clearing build now that low life spectral throw is gone.

nice build

Thanks for the vote of confidence man! I am sure that this build can do uber, though I will have to learn to avoid things more than I am used to. I definitely got spoiled with my supertank mjolner guy. Facetanking all but double flame blast is pretty OP! At least this windripper is a way faster clearer than mjolner can ever be. :)

"
cmphx wrote:
yep plz post uber clear video :D

Appreciate the interest! I will definitely try to get one up there. I'd like to get a level in first though, as I am pretty sure I will be dying at least once on uber. I've never run alluring abyss with a bow guy before, and am not super confident in my manual dodge skills!
Last edited by demopolos on Nov 29, 2015, 9:29:44 PM
How did you avoid elemental reflect?
~A Women Can Change The World With A Single, Well-Placed Arrow~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info