[500k AOE] DualWield Crit Reave [Life/Dodge based] One of the fastest clearspeeds

"
krenderke wrote:
Thanks, that actually is still quite okay for the price on a melee build.
Maybe I try it with a BoR just to make testing cheaper.

Do get back with the results. I've been wondering how it is with a BoR.
Hey, I've been following this build and I'm sitting at Level 81 in the new darkshrine league now. Thought I'd do a progress report on how it's going. I run on a 5L (Same gems as OP except increased AOE) + Bino's + Rare Dagger + Abyssus Helm. The dagger is a pretty low dmg one 220 dps (Got it for 5c) or so. But even with that, dps reaches about 96k with full charges and 124k+ with atziri's promise on.

I run a malicious intent jewel and onslaught does come on occasionally pushing dps even further but so far, i dont find it coming on regularly enough to warrant its usage. Will probably switch to a rare jewel soon.

Running 2 bubbling flasks with heat and staunching, 1 granite with iron skin, 1 jade with reflexes and atziri's promise. (Taste of hate is not yet affordable.) The granite+jade helps me tank stuff occasionally.

Every other gear I have is worth only 1-2 chaos (I'm broke) that i try to have about 60-80 life on. (Managed to get my hp up to about 3.8k now and capped my resistances with a +8% elemental resistances jewel). Occasionally, I still do have that nasty death which tbh, I'm okay with that. A build as cheap as this with as much damage as this shouldn't be expected to be uber survivable as well. OP didn't make any claims as to how super tanky it is. It delivers what is advertised. Fastest clearspeeds. N surprisingly high damage for the budget that's put in.

Perfect glass cannon for fast clears. Spamming enduring cry for each mob does help but honestly, i couldn't be more bothered about it. For the survivability, I could suggest better gear (Life+evasion stuff) and running a grace+arctic armour setup instead of hatred+HoI. But the damage hit would not justify it.

P.S - To the OP, I tried to run flicker strike. (Removed vaal reave and replaced it with frenzy. Replaced Added fire dmg with Melee splash, replaced Faster Attacks with Ice Bite and Replaced Reave with Flickerstrike.) It goes great, until it doesn't xD Is there a better gem link that you might suggest?
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
Last edited by Le_Sanzo on Nov 9, 2015, 7:44:03 AM
Nice build, but how do you got this life reg? :D
"
stalkz355 wrote:

Main regen is through killing with Bino's. (Fills your health almost instantly).

Otherwise, You get about 3% life regen from Passive tree. Rest of it is up to your flasks.
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
"
Le_Sanzo wrote:
Hey mate, can you please post your flask setup?

Also, when I used the malicious intent jewel, it doesn't actually seem to proc onslaught all that much. (Should I equip more than one malicious intent?)

Also, can you please post what flasks you use? I currently use a Granite flask of iron skin and Jade flask of reflexes. Can't seem to tank anything unless both are up. Do you spam enduring cry through the map to tank?

I use a taste of hate, atziri's promise, rumi's, surgeons eternal life flask of dousing and a panicked divine flask of warding

As for enduring cry I don't use it all that much, I just pop it once in awhile, it's not really needed theyre mainly to make the cwdt last longer.

"
krenderke wrote:
"
- Relatively cheap compared to other builds, can work with <5 exalts

Could add how much DPS would you have in an 5 ex worth gear?
(a 5link and bino pretty much covers it)

I've friends that've played this build in the darkshrine league and within the first 3-4 days he was already 85 and blasting through maps, and he wasn't using a 6l or insane gear, so it's not bad at all with budget gear, although you should atleast try get life on each piece of your gear so you atleast get 4k hp(I am currently at 4545, reached 4k by lvl, shouldve done it earlier)

"
Le_Sanzo wrote:
Hey, I've been following this build and I'm sitting at Level 81 in the new darkshrine league now. Thought I'd do a progress report on how it's going. I run on a 5L (Same gems as OP except increased AOE) + Bino's + Rare Dagger + Abyssus Helm. The dagger is a pretty low dmg one 220 dps (Got it for 5c) or so. But even with that, dps reaches about 96k with full charges and 124k+ with atziri's promise on.

I run a malicious intent jewel and onslaught does come on occasionally pushing dps even further but so far, i dont find it coming on regularly enough to warrant its usage. Will probably switch to a rare jewel soon.

Running 2 bubbling flasks with heat and staunching, 1 granite with iron skin, 1 jade with reflexes and atziri's promise. (Taste of hate is not yet affordable.) The granite+jade helps me tank stuff occasionally.

Every other gear I have is worth only 1-2 chaos (I'm broke) that i try to have about 60-80 life on. (Managed to get my hp up to about 3.8k now and capped my resistances with a +8% elemental resistances jewel). Occasionally, I still do have that nasty death which tbh, I'm okay with that. A build as cheap as this with as much damage as this shouldn't be expected to be uber survivable as well. OP didn't make any claims as to how super tanky it is. It delivers what is advertised. Fastest clearspeeds. N surprisingly high damage for the budget that's put in.

Perfect glass cannon for fast clears. Spamming enduring cry for each mob does help but honestly, i couldn't be more bothered about it. For the survivability, I could suggest better gear (Life+evasion stuff) and running a grace+arctic armour setup instead of hatred+HoI. But the damage hit would not justify it.

P.S - To the OP, I tried to run flicker strike. (Removed vaal reave and replaced it with frenzy. Replaced Added fire dmg with Melee splash, replaced Faster Attacks with Ice Bite and Replaced Reave with Flickerstrike.) It goes great, until it doesn't xD Is there a better gem link that you might suggest?

Yeah, I am using the malicious right now as it works very well in open maps and I have it up enough to make it worth due to the insane mobility the build provides. Could change it to a jewel with life+damage+crit+ias to get a bit more hp too.

And I am glad you got the build to work with a very low budget, it's extremely efficient for it's cost but as you said, the worse gear the more "glasscannon" you get, although I did level 91-92 in a day without dying, so it's not too bad.

I've done some flickerstriking as well and I used vaal haste over vaal reave, and had flicker strike - multistrike - added fire - melee splash - melee physical damage - weapon elemental damage(used fa over wed before, but seems like wed does a better job). I start the map by whirling through some packs to get 5-6 frenzy charges and then I start flicker and I'll rarely run out even without having to use frenzy, blood dance or anythign else to gain frenzy charges. Flicker is still viable!

"
stalkz355 wrote:

As Le_sanzo said aboive, it's binos that gives you insane regen and you got a base regen for 3%(almost covers the blood rage degen).
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
i'm sorry if i ask you a dumb question, but i'm a newbie who recently try to play this game, is this build newbie friendly? cause i seems can't find any shadow reave build that is newbie friendly, do you have any helpful tips and tricks for a newbie? currently i'm only level 20. sorry if my english isn't that good, english is not my mother language :D
Why the offhand dagger (with about 50% more phys dps than the binos)?

Death's hand will give ya unholy might and power charge, consistently, even on boss fights. Now you will also hit with a weapon which has approx 40% more crit chance, that is the binos. That way you can also change assasins mark for eg. warlords mark to get endurance charges for neat immortal call duration etc.

Sure, tooltip will show less dps, but the dps should at least be the same if not better.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
to night14

Im running a similar build and it can absolutely be done by a newbie on a budget. Maybe stack a bit more health and get a different offhand at first- check Southpaw Reaver build out. Bino's is crucial to the build though. You can get one for 1 ex which comes after some 5 hrs of mapping.
For leveling get a cheap Ungil's or Doubting Knight.
Message me in-game if you want, will be willing to share some gear.
I started this build some hours ago, and how i'm loving it.
Even at early game, it's a great dps.
I had Maligaro's and Ungil's Gauche, so i used it and.. boom! Pack of monster is dead with one, two hits... or just a crit. Boss? Vaal? Piety? Dom? Easy... just few hits.. futher with Vaal Double Strike (i don't know why, but i like this gem). Hahahahha.
My dps even early game is almost 2k (level ~30) with Reave, and i put Vaal Reave just to get more fun hahaha.

The only problem is mana issue, but when i get mana leech everything will be ok.

TY A LOT for this build! i'm loving it.. i can't help how i'm anxious for late game. Seems great!!
Last edited by danilorlz on Nov 18, 2015, 1:40:11 PM
Thanks OP, i was running a Dual Totem build, but i give a try to yours and DAMN! Thats fun!!! Keep going :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info