[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Hey guys probably a dumb question, in the tree he doens't get any dex i think, Explosive Arrow needs at least 150 right, how do you guys accomplish this. Do you convert str into dex with a jewel or just with items?
Last edited by Trugoras on Mar 12, 2016, 12:16:13 PM
"
Smerte wrote:
"
Biratancho wrote:
Devoto's devotion and the 40 from raider should be enough to set you up. If not, you should seek some stats on the jewelery.

Raider? Do you mean the ranger ascendancy class or what? How would I get this as a marauder?

Yea, he was assuming you were Scion picking up the Raider path. You're probably going to have to find it on gear.
IGN: dwreckedarc
"
Trugoras wrote:
Hey guys probably a dumb question, in the tree he doens't get any dex i think, Explosive Arrow needs at least 150 right, how do you guys accomplish this. Do you convert str into dex with a jewel or just with items?

personally this is how I get my dex + raider

you can always grab the +30 dex for one point if you really need it and can't get it on a ring or ammy.
the tyranny of framing our attention with all the eyes their eyes no longer see
Well today was a very good day, I managed to get all core items that I need:

Running with 7K hp and 920 hp/sec with frenzy charges up. I do feel going to the duelist part is worth it, more life regen and frenzy char + duration. Frenzy duration from 10>12 sec made my gameplay allot smoother.

Todo list:
- 5L the first quill rain
- Get lvl 90 for last few 'essential' points. Respec RT > EO.
- Optimize flasks
- Get decent enchants for items
- Improve fire dmg role on chest
- Get more life\fire dmg\resist jewels

And after that we'll see :)

Level 90 goal (90+ I want two more jewel sockets and the tireless wheel):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAANhNlKDaYmh0GFb56ILHQYco-rc-mK24k_4Kg8wc3Ni9PC3r7o8aNZKDX8aumuCnCDLRtfLE9kWdna7YJEVHeA0n7XKpU1IDdVZIwGbAGgYOrKr3MpErBLM8BalubzvUfFnz6hhYd6IAn9_vfHfjeWgJ9ho4cg_463asXwTwH5o7AdzBBJBVcYUUcc9-aPKCm4TZXz8nL3rm2XwOPEd-9kgUIGP9ggffv702jM_vDkbX209lTT382rngw76nWGOxQiW8dcu3tupijX5DMcMz2sFaGnTtBS0MXxynU6WUb2ZU
Last edited by foojin on Mar 12, 2016, 4:59:43 PM
"
"
illsick wrote:
I want to try explosive arrow build and I have a few nooby questions:

why is chance to ignite good for explosive arrow?

is elemental focus good support for explosive arrow?

gives you additional single target dps on tanky rares/bosses which helps clearspeed

personally i dont think its necessary and just makes a really simple build a headache for no reason
"
mmogamr wrote:
"
foojin wrote:
Interesting boot enchant, however I will probably end up with elemental overload so I will crit allot. There is also 18% less mana used for skills when being hit which is pretty decent, however the 2% life regen when being hit recently is allot better. Or the 16% inc AS one.

For helmet there is also the EA damage enchant for 40% more EA damage.

the lvl 75 enchants aren't in game yet, or no one has found out how to get them. They were datamined.
So, it's 25% EA dam vs 8% EA radius. I think the radius is probably better, but either would be sweet. You might be able to buy a white with the enchant and craft it, but trying to farm one is going to be a massive pain.

I think if you are Resolute Tech, the one I have is best, even
if it's just for the ignite chance for rares/bosses. I haven't looked at them for EO version.

IMO radius is better if you run rearguard. if you run hyrri's the damage enchant is beter.

i would also prefer

over a sub-par rare with the EA enchant. it makes the build wayy too smooth

I completely agree. That's why I said "good luck farming it" because it's not worth dropping Devo's to pick up a white enchanted helm to craft on it.
IGN: dwreckedarc
Why don't we use Faster Projectiles instead of Slower Projectiles?

Faster Projectiles at 20/20 gives 68% increased projectile speed, 10% increased attack speed and 29% projectile damage.

Whereas Slower Projectiles at 20/20 gives 49% LESS speed, but 39% more damage.

Wouldn't the massive increase in projectile speed + 10% attack from FP be better than the 10% more damage from SP?
"
brunowa wrote:
Why don't we use Faster Projectiles instead of Slower Projectiles?

Faster Projectiles at 20/20 gives 68% increased projectile speed, 10% increased attack speed and 29% projectile damage.

Whereas Slower Projectiles at 20/20 gives 49% LESS speed, but 39% more damage.

Wouldn't the massive increase in projectile speed + 10% attack from FP be better than the 10% more damage from SP?

proj speed doesn't do anything for us and slower is a MORE instead of a increased value (read: it does a ton more dmg).
"
foojin wrote:
proj speed doesn't do anything for us and slower is a MORE instead of a increased value (read: it does a ton more dmg).

Got it thanks!
As leveling Marauder you do have some DEX issues indeed. Some options:

- Taking a +30 DEX node for leveling is not a shame
- Hyrri's Bite is an option (look for high dex rolls)
- High DEX rolls on quill rain
- Devoto's should fix this problem

As others have mentioned, hyrri's bite is pretty good for this build and i highly recommend getting one as soon as you start using EA, for leveling. Endgame however rearguard is without a doubt better.

There are 2 things you want to opt for in endgame: single target dps and survivability. Hyrri's gives none of those. It gives aoe clearspeed. The endgame aoe clear of EA is god tier already - we dont have to worry about that at all.

--

That leads right to our enchant choices. Unless you are lucky or want to potentially grind forever and ever for your -perfect- enchant, id pick a few that youd settle for. This is my list:

Helmet:
- I would prefer the EA damage enchant over the radius enchant (more single target) both alright
- 24% increased Arctic Armour effect. I switched in AA for Determination on Essence Worm
- basicaly every other enchant that youd use a skill of. curses, golems. low priority obviously.
Been running ~50 labs for helmet and the best i got was enfeeble so far ..

Gloves:
- Spite or
- Light
EDIT
- Reflection - i got this on my gloves. It summons a mirror image when hit, similar to blink arrow. Mitigates potentially alot of damage (since monsters will hit it) ill keep it.
None of the damage enchants seem to do anything for us.

Boots:
- 12% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
- 8% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite if you haven't Crit Recently - only if not EO
- 8% Chance to Dodge if you've taken a Critical Strike Recently
- 0.5% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
- Regenerate 1.5% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently
- 8% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently

--

Elemental Focus cuts single target dps by alot, the burn is huge later on and you do not want to miss out on igniting bosses, the opposite is the case - you want high ignite chance.

If you have a single target AND an aoe setup, you could use elemental focus for aoe, cause the ignite almost doesnt matter there.

6L AOE
EA - GMP - Fire Pen - Less Duration - Elemental Focus / Inc AoE - Inc AoE / Empower

6L single
EA - GMPSlower Projectiles - Fire Pen - Less Duration - Conc Effect - Chance to Ignite / Empower
EDIT Idk why i put gmp in there, make that slower projectiles.

If you only have 1 setup
EA - GMP - Fire Pen - Less Duration - Slower Projectiles / Inc AoE - Inc AoE / Empower / ???

If you feel strong enough, you can put item rarity in there somewhere.

However for leveling i would prioritize inc aoe and gmp as a mandatory 3L for the aoe clearspeed.
Yes, single target dps while leveling sucks. Try to bring bosses next to a wall/obstacle and just spam that with arrows.

--

'INCREASED' is not the same as 'MORE' - MORE is better by far! look up the calculations.

gear dump on level 91 PSC

i prioritize 7% life + at least 1 damage roll on jewels, acc is fine too.
sittig on 85% hit with EO
8,1k Life
7,3k Armor 42% phys reduction + AA + chaos golem
EleRes 94/129/109 - not quite enough for elemental weakness on high tier maps. But can swap in jewels with fireres for that.
todo-
- reroll belt and gloves masters enchant
- gloves enchant
- helmet enchant
- 2nd 6L quill
- gg jewels
- corrupt
Last edited by panisch on Mar 14, 2016, 3:04:51 PM
Let's talk Atziri...

At what level did people kill her? What were your stats when you killed her?

Any changes made for your Atziri setup?

I'm currently level 70 and just killed Malachai on Merc... next stop, Atziri!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info