[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
Masshypnosis1 wrote:
Nice Build. But I´m playing Chieftain in Hardcore Perandus.
Playing without EE...
Im playing maps with + fire resist and all other "nasty" mods...
The damage is fine without EE, at the Moment I Play with tabula Rasa, wasted now about 200 fuse and no 5-6 link on quill rain. After the first 5-6 Link on Quill rain I will buy another one for single dmg. For grouping and mob clearing I'd say chieftain might be better since there is no EE and more ignite chance?

Im playing at the Moment with:
EA - GMP - Slower Proj - Reduced Duration - Fire Pen - Chance to Ignite.

I will drop Chance to Ignite when I hit 5 Link on Quill rain, if 6 link I will go for Empower. (found one yesterday).

My single will be:
EA - Conc - Slower Proj - Reduced Duration - Fire Pen - Empower.

6100+ life with Tabula Rasa.... and an insane amount of life reg because chieftain :).
5 Endu charges as well.

Interesting idea with chieftain, also about the second quill for single target. Also this class still gets life leech which allows you to skip the life leech gem as well.

However as a chieftain I would worry a bit about enemies that cannot be ignited (atziri) and when there are little\no adds in encounters.

I'm going to level my scion a bit further. I still need to do the last trial so I can see how effective onslaught is. Perhaps I do a reroll later if I feel another spec might be better, just really difficult to choose between all of them.

I've made a chieftain spec > poeurl.com/zpc
Last edited by foojin on Mar 11, 2016, 6:05:20 AM
"
foojin wrote:

Interesting idea with chieftain, also about the second quill for single target. Also this class still gets life leech which allows you to skip the life leech gem as well.

However as a chieftain I would worry a bit about enemies that cannot be ignited (atziri) and when there are little\no adds in encounters.

I'm going to level my scion a bit further. I still need to do the last trial so I can see how effective onslaught is. Perhaps I do a reroll later if I feel another spec might be better, just really difficult to choose between all of them.

Why all you skill that 40% more elemental dmg node in the passive? Is this worth taking? When you dont take RT you will miss a lot?
I love Rearguard but I only keep it on my item switch with my second quill rain for single target when I need it. I feel like most of the situations where I really need that additional tankiness I will be using the item switch anyways.

Instead I rock this bad boy for general clearing:

Surprised it isn't more popular... its great for clearspeed and I managed to buy that beauty for 15c. Then again 50% block with rumis up, heh.

I went Scion and Berserker + Raider. The frenzy charges can be a bit of a pain to keep up if you don't fit a frenzy in and occasionally shoot it off to keep them up but it is honestly still really nice. I definitely prefer Scion due to the additional aps/movespeed and extra jewels. Feels a lot more well-rounded, flexible and fluid. I also took a bit of a trek to grab dual curse. Enfeeble helps a lot and I didn't feel like running a unique for +1 curse was worth the cost of life/movespeed and being able to comfortably fit in the uniques I want to run late-endgame.

EA feels even better than it did during the prolif days to me now. Loving it.
the tyranny of framing our attention with all the eyes their eyes no longer see
Yeah I was rocking the same thing but with a diff mod (more life gain vs extra arrow)

It's seriously awesome... I just recently switched to Rearguard but I like the feel of Hyrri's Bite.
This build is wicked... perhaps the best and most fun build I've tried.

Any suggestions for my next moves? Currently level 68 sitting around 4.5k life.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAAN1BLMLYQxfDjwUIBRxFm8YVhiRGjgaPhpsHKcc3CSqJbwnLyj6Nuk6UjwFPC1Bh0bXWHdZ818EXz9j_Wh0aPJqHmo7cYVyD3Kpdqx65nvDfNmCB4KbgseDX4PMjxqQVZErlKCYrZo7m12drp_fogCnCKiarKqvbLc-uJO8n8BmxPbGrs9-0iHYTdi92XzaYttP37_gw-Nq6hjr7u8O73zwH_Iv8kHyl_cy-Ov56P4K?accountName=brunowa&characterName=Brunowa_Explosion
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 11, 2016, 7:44:23 AM
"
Masshypnosis1 wrote:
"
foojin wrote:

Why all you skill that 40% more elemental dmg node in the passive? Is this worth taking? When you dont take RT you will miss a lot?

This has been discussed a few times already in the last few pages of this thread. The fact that it is more instead of increased damage makes it really good. Also since we do allot of attacks it's quite easy to keep it up.

I found an EX yesterday, wonder if I should get a 5L quill rain with it or buy fusings \ something else (save for Kaoms). Been unlucky with fusings so far.

"
brunowa wrote:
This build is wicked... perhaps the best and most fun build I've tried.

Any suggestions for my next moves? Currently level 68 sitting around 4.5k life.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAAN1BLMLYQxfDjwUIBRxFm8YVhiRGjgaPhpsHKcc3CSqJbwnLyj6Nuk6UjwFPC1Bh0bXWHdZ818EXz9j_Wh0aPJqHmo7cYVyD3Kpdqx65nvDfNmCB4KbgseDX4PMjxqQVZErlKCYrZo7m12drp_fogCnCKiarKqvbLc-uJO8n8BmxPbGrs9-0iHYTdi92XzaYttP37_gw-Nq6hjr7u8O73zwH_Iv8kHyl_cy-Ov56P4K?accountName=brunowa&characterName=Brunowa_Explosion

Strange that you went for the bottom jewel of the Scion instead of the right and also get harrier after it.

Also I would pick up the life nodes at marauder start before going into the armor\hp\regen wheel between marauder\templar, but I guess it matters little.
Last edited by foojin on Mar 11, 2016, 7:48:13 AM
I went Kaoms before 5 link. Got one for 2ex (holy hell are they cheap nowadays) and honestly my damage didn't suffer at all at the tier of maps I was clearing. Honestly wouldn't have gotten much of a return at all out of the extra link due to how much damage I was already doing on those maps. Managed to get my 5l just in time for when I needed the additional damage... which was surprising because I went really, really dry on fuse.
the tyranny of framing our attention with all the eyes their eyes no longer see
Did any1 get Celestial Punishment seems like a really good option ?!
There's no school like old school, and I'm the fucking headmaster.
I'm just lazy to go through all the 50+ pages, but can someone tell me why he can have 8 points to reach both Berserk and slayer? don't we have maximum 6 points only ?
I am starting to wonder if elementalist is not better then raider for scions. Though having onslaught feels quite smooth I still wonder if it's worth it.

Anyone that knows which enchants are BiS for us?
Last edited by foojin on Mar 11, 2016, 1:15:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info