[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
mmogamr wrote:
"

Fire dmg is mandatority on jewels, inc. aoe second option or life.

At first I was thinking Proj dam, aoe, and fire damage would all affect EA the same. It just occured to me that it might "double dip" with Fire damage when it ignites. Is that true?

Interesting question , would be good to know because as of right now we know very little of the possible ignite damage . We just know it 'works' well nothing more really , knowing which mechanics work with it would be useful for choosing between the gems for maximum optimization .
Level 90 now in perandus HC league

Now the most obvious upgrade i really need is a 6L quill rain, sadly im not having much luck there :(
The damage is still really good tho, but that 30% MORE damage from slower projectiles would be so fkin sick..

My jewels are also kinda shit, but good jewels are retarded expensive in this league atm, and bricking most of my regals so far hehe.

Other suggestions for upgrades?
What about my tree?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBA3UEswYOCfYLYQxfDjwQYhQgFE0UcRZvGFYYkRo4Gj4abBynHNwc5yHQJKolvCftKPo1kjbpOlI64TwFPC1Bh0WdRtdN41BHU1JTpVh3WfNfBF8_Y_1mVGhlaHRo8moecYVyD3Kpdqx65ntufNmCB4KbgseDX4PMhFOMz48akFWRK5RvlKCXIZitmjua4J2un9-iAKZXpwisqq2Nr2yxQrc-uJO8n8BmwXzE9sauz37SIdR82E3Yvdl82mLaudtP37_gw-Nq6hjr7u8O73zv_fAf8i_yQfJF8932SPcy-Ov56PxL_gr-jw==?accountName=Adritch&characterName=_COINMAN_EA

Here's my gear:

"
"
mmogamr wrote:
"

At first I was thinking Proj dam, aoe, and fire damage would all affect EA the same. It just occured to me that it might "double dip" with Fire damage when it ignites. Is that true?

Interesting question , would be good to know because as of right now we know very little of the possible ignite damage . We just know it 'works' well nothing more really , knowing which mechanics work with it would be useful for choosing between the gems for maximum optimization .

After googling, it looks like %fire damage would increase the damage on explode and on ignite damage. Why then would inc AOE damage be better than %damage? Because it's in higher numbers? %damage should also double dip. Wouldn't 10% damage be better than 12% area damage?
IGN: dwreckedarc
"
mmogamr wrote:
After googling, it looks like %fire damage would increase the damage on explode and on ignite damage. Why then would inc AOE damage be better than %damage? Because it's in higher numbers? %damage should also double dip. Wouldn't 10% damage be better than 12% area damage?

That seems good news indeed, but I don't think anyone said that inc aoe dmg would be better than fire dmg on jewels though.
"
Life2v wrote:

Seems to me, conc effect better to me, but need to full level up chance to iginte and will try again.

------------

Yesterday killed regular atziri (with conc effect) super easy (all gems 18-19lv, 5L), and now, waiting to give a chance C to iginte gem.

Or maybe 6L - EA, GMP, Fire p., Reduce, Aoe/conc, chance to iginite? (empower4lv/slower got space?)

Last page. I bolded it.
Last edited by dwrecked on Mar 10, 2016, 12:09:57 PM
Less duration or Slower projectiles on 4 link?
Other EA+GMP+Fire pen.
mostlz smooth sailing with a variant of this build (ranger/deadeye) but having some problems with some bosses...
what's your strategy for izaro in particular? he is so mobile, it's problematic to get procs at frost wall while he is near it.... do you use any certain gem setup, special equip/gem fighting him?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
mmogamr wrote:
"
Life2v wrote:

Seems to me, conc effect better to me, but need to full level up chance to iginte and will try again.

------------

Yesterday killed regular atziri (with conc effect) super easy (all gems 18-19lv, 5L), and now, waiting to give a chance C to iginte gem.

Or maybe 6L - EA, GMP, Fire p., Reduce, Aoe/conc, chance to iginite? (empower4lv/slower got space?)

Last page. I bolded it.

But he said the opposite ? He said the Fire damage is mandatory and inc aoe or life is second option . Basicly meaning the stat your jewels have to have is fire damage . I think you misunderstood ?
"
panisch wrote:

Right, you got the resist nodes in the Marauder tree. Im using the Armor there, that explains why i couldnt see you being capped.

To be honest, I didn't even realize those armor nodes existed. I upgraded my gear/jewels and specced out of the resist nodes

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBA3UDlgSzBg4J9gthDF8OPBBiFCAUcRZvGFYaOBo-GmwcpxzcIdAkqiW8Jy8n7Sj6KS426TpSOyg8BTwtPfxBh0bXU6VXDVhjWHdZ818EXz9gQ2P9ZlRoZWh0aPJuPXGFcg9yqXaseuZ7bnvDfLh82YIHgpuCx4MJg1-DzIRTjM-PGpBVkSuUb5SglyGYrZo7m12drp_fogCnCKiarKqtja9stz64k7yfvoDAZsF8xPbGrs9-0iHUfNhN2L3ZfNpi20_fv-DD42rqGOvu7w7vfO_98B_xrPJB8pfz3fZI9zL46_no_go=

Spoiler

"

But he said the opposite ? He said the Fire damage is mandatory and inc aoe or life is second option . Basicly meaning the stat your jewels have to have is fire damage . I think you misunderstood ?

Yes, he said fire damage was mandatory, then aoe damage. I was saying that due to the double dipping, it should be fire damage then total damage, not the aoe damage.
Last edited by dwrecked on Mar 11, 2016, 2:34:10 AM
Nice Build. But I´m playing Chieftain in Hardcore Perandus.
Playing without EE...
Im playing maps with + fire resist and all other "nasty" mods...
The damage is fine without EE, at the Moment I Play with tabula Rasa, wasted now about 200 fuse and no 5-6 link on quill rain. After the first 5-6 Link on Quill rain I will buy another one for single dmg.

Im playing at the Moment with:
EA - GMP - Slower Proj - Reduced Duration - Fire Pen - Chance to Ignite.

I will drop Chance to Ignite when I hit 5 Link on Quill rain, if 6 link I will go for Empower. (found one yesterday).

My single will be:
EA - Conc - Slower Proj - Reduced Duration - Fire Pen - Empower.

6100+ life with Tabula Rasa.... and an insane amount of life reg because chieftain :).
5 Endu charges as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info