[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Lvl 84 Talisman

Running up to T8s with a 4L, leveling was kinda harsh up until the mid 60s, but from then on, it just wrecks and is pretty much undying. <3
You don't cap for ele weakness? - Kids these days...

Tanky Flameblast Guide @ /view-thread/1682668
Life based ele Spetral Throw @ /view-thread/1714274
Is there any better way to improve single target? I've tried Frost Wall which is buggy as Hell and is very inconsistent. I've tried replacing Increased AoE and GMP with Slower Projectiles and Conc Effect/Chance to Ignite, but the damage is still pretty bad.

I know I can run to a wall and keep shooting there or kite rares/uniques to other mobs but that isn't an option a lot of the time.
Thank you for the share. leveling my character to start using EA.
"
Saga1234 wrote:
Is there any better way to improve single target?

The key is proc-ing an ignite. Once you do that, the health just melts away.

I also took Celestial Punishment from the tree which helps in this regard.
"
黒い太陽 wrote:
Lvl 84 Talisman

Running up to T8s with a 4L, leveling was kinda harsh up until the mid 60s, but from then on, it just wrecks and is pretty much undying. <3

could you link your tree maybe?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
ElPuppet wrote:
So this is my gear, for anyone interested, 17hrs of /played so far in Talisman.

Spoiler

Blood Dance on the shopping list, but none up on poe trade right now.

So apart from building an MF set, I'm also considering a Hidden Potential set. If I can get a great couple of rings/amulets, it might be a good way to stack HP/Fire Res/Light Res only for huge damage in Atziri and Uber. What got me thinking about this, was also the fact we have so many blue Talismans, and so few Yellows.....

Why do you feel rain of arrows is good for curse on hit ? Why not split arrow chain curse on hit flammability ?

Also, what jewels do you go for ?

You don't cap for ele weakness? - Kids these days...

Tanky Flameblast Guide @ /view-thread/1682668
Life based ele Spetral Throw @ /view-thread/1714274
"
Lydrica wrote:
"
ElPuppet wrote:
So this is my gear, for anyone interested, 17hrs of /played so far in Talisman.

Spoiler

Blood Dance on the shopping list, but none up on poe trade right now.

So apart from building an MF set, I'm also considering a Hidden Potential set. If I can get a great couple of rings/amulets, it might be a good way to stack HP/Fire Res/Light Res only for huge damage in Atziri and Uber. What got me thinking about this, was also the fact we have so many blue Talismans, and so few Yellows.....

Why do you feel rain of arrows is good for curse on hit ? Why not split arrow chain curse on hit flammability ?

Also, what jewels do you go for ?

Honestly, just so that you can use Frenzy in there as well for bosses. My sockets aren't 100% sorted and I'm ditching Frenzy atm to level more EAs to corrupt later.

My jewels are very basic. Nothing fantastic around in Talisman just yet. So I search for Fire Area Damage, Projectile Damage, Life% and that 2 must be present at least.

My gear has had a fair overhaul since last post:

Spoiler

At just under 7k hp, capped res at 80.

From here on out, it's about getting a 6L quill, corrupting EA to 21, quality support gems, and looking for at least 3 stat jewels.

I feel fairly geared out for such a new league....
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Saga1234 wrote:
Is there any better way to improve single target?

The key is proc-ing an ignite. Once you do that, the health just melts away.

I also took Celestial Punishment from the tree which helps in this regard.

Celestial Punishment and Chance to Ignite on a seperate EA link are good for leveling, but I would say that once you have a 20% EA, it's not worth the points anymore. You'll proc often enough with the 20% EA to not warrant 2 points that could be spent elsewhere. IMO.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Look at my shitty gear and Im curently 66 and crushing dried lake. Killed Dominus at 63 with no problems. Dex is only thing that Im struggling with.

Spoiler
Last edited by Buckets0 on Dec 16, 2015, 4:59:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info