2.0.4c Patch Notes and Deployment!

"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Nauzhror wrote:
"
Noshei wrote:
Wish they would remove beyond as well. Worst league mod by a long ways. I refuse to play the game while beyond is going in.

And I think Beyond is fantastic. Not everyone feels the way you do.

Beyond is great... until one the three enemies that can one-shot you spawns.

If you can get one-shot in map that aren't minus mx with extra elemental damage, and crit modded, you deserve to be one-shot.

My character is a glass cannon. Despite that I do not die to Haast in one hit, even when he spawns in T14/15 maps.
Not the most experienced player around, but out of all the mods from this League, Beyond I found was the worst to contend with.
This was especially true when other mods affected them such as Nemesis or Onslaught.

I never found there was much reward versus the risk or the annoyance. Not to mention the dice rolling on whether or not the mobs that pop up would be manageable or a complete groan fest. Time spent that could have easily have gotten farther and better loot.

The other problem I have with it is that there are often times I found myself not even being able to 'play it safe' where maps were so packed together with mobs that they would spawn no matter what. Or worse, when you think you've separated the groups they still manage to pop up on you. I haven't found much rhyme or reason for the distance/quantity that triggers them at times.

I don't exactly run meta stuff, but in comparison to all the content I've dealt with, nothing comes close to the time waster and aggravation that Beyond is.
"
thehorus wrote:
I realy like Rampage, one of the best old leagues imo. Sad it has to be removed but the Lagspkies where just to many.

yeah no doubt, i died due to the lag from it today with my 6link carcass jack on 1mhc ;(
Interestingly, I get more lag from legions of beyond demons than I did on rampage. Go figure.
Censored.
I honestly feel bad for anyone who has had issues with this game regardless of the mods/ground effects/etc.
I have some of the worst internet you can imagine, and my pc is not some elitist $10k machine. That being said, regardless of whats spawning/what mods are happening/what exile spawns from a strongbox/etc/etc I have never had issues with FPS dropping stuttering or freezing.
I'm sad that a mod is being removed as I really enjoyed trying to get my rampage counter past 500. But im glad they are trying to make everyone's game experience as smooth as mine has been. :)
"
Nauzhror wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

If you can get one-shot in map that aren't minus mx with extra elemental damage, and crit modded, you deserve to be one-shot.

My character is a glass cannon. Despite that I do not die to Haast in one hit, even when he spawns in T14/15 maps.

I say one-shot... you think Haast... Really?... Haast may be dangerous, but cannot one-shot anyone... unless already half-dead, running around with uncapped resists and no freeze immunity flasks.

So yeah... if you are getting one-shot by Haast, I'd have to agree dying in one hit would be your own fault.
"
Galtrovan wrote:

You are doing it wrong.
I don't have a issue with beyond or any mod really. My issue is the terrible map drops!!!! That's what I want addressed ASAP!!!!!!
"FMR it's another day in paradise" IGN NEEDBLOOD
"
coonass wrote:
I don't have a issue with beyond or any mod really. My issue is the terrible map drops!!!! That's what I want addressed ASAP!!!!!!

And what issues would that be? After the patch where they upped the chance of higher lvl map drops, I get 80's and above pretty regularly.
Am I still forced to use one of 5 skill gems and get 200% life to do any sort of endgame? I love this game but man is build diversity dead[/quote]

This flashback league I made a CI crit Piscator's Vigil Elemental hit build, and it's working magnificently, so unless elemental hit happened to be one of those "5 viable skill gems", which I highly doubt it is, then I think build diversity isn't quite as dead as you may think.[/quote]

Anything works really well in low content. 2.0.0 diversity is huge up to a point.

The lack of diversity people talk about is at 75+ mapping where most of the 'viable' builds fall off.
The majority of the rest can be viable at the high cost of rerolling maps to suit them, very few are actually viable in the majority of mod combinations.

What's a viable build?

One that can do pre 75 content?
One that can do post 75 content at great rerolling cost?
One that can alch and go anything?

Depending on your answer build diversity is anything from huge to pitiful in PoE atm. But while progression and content are so heavily gated behind currency cost, there is only one answer and only one conclusion.

Hint, it begins with P and ends in itiful.[/quote]

Haha, Learn to play. There is a ton of builds if you know what you are doing. Stop your drama, if the game is too hard for you. This is a semi-hardcore ARPG. If you can only do it with a few builds, then play pokemon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info