2.0.4c Patch Notes and Deployment!

Thank you GGG, I was having a terrible time especially in maps due to ridiculous amounts of lag (in particular when portal out and then in), did a try on a map just now and no lag at all even after 4 trips back to town

Regards,

KalidhoS
rampage was complete garbage, if item quality or xp would've been affected by the counter too it would've been ok. but movespeed and some other minor thing? does nothing for 95% of the playerbase.

beyond is fine as map mod (certainly makes low level maps more fun), but it's slowing down early game waaaay too much. plus the obvious thing beyonders drop barely better loot than white monsters, which always has been completely unacceptable (as are so many ggg decisions)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
holocaustus wrote:
If you're not getting one-shot in t14/15 maps you're not playing glass-cannon. Sorry to break it to you.

No matter the level of zone/map he spawns in, Haast does next to no damage. Even with +30% damage modded on, I've not seen Haast's hits even hit 1k damage in the top few tiers of map.

Simply put, he CANNOT one-shot you if you have reasonable (read: capped) cold resist, as even then, your base life pool will be more than enough. His irritation comes instead from the constant ("Unrelenting") stream of chill/freeze he pours at you, that simply lasts longer than even a couple of sapphire flasks of heat can take you.

While not mentioned much, GGG has done a LOT of work with 2.0's launch and onward to reduce one-shotting and spike damage. Most people haven't noticed it, for some reason; mostly because, I think, most people only bother noticing things they CAN complain about.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
(are they truly op or simply the option that gives the most pros over cons?)

If a skill stands out by providing the most number of pros for the fewest cons... Would that not be the very definition of OP?

So far, I'm thinking that both SRS and PA are due to be nerfed. They offer greater safety than even totem-using, while currently being almost impossible to best in clear speed, and are suited well both for packs of mobs and bosses. They accomplish this while requiring neither particularly high-end gear, nor any real practiced skill with the game. There are effectively no "cons" to such a build.

Contrast this to Flame Totem, which has most of the same pros, though with a distinct exception: it's clear speed is mediocre against packs of mobs, and downright abysmal against bosses.

Yeh, I agree (for me OP is not only when pros/cons align but also what you mentioned: very cheap or easy to access gear, ex 5L +2 weapon, which is simply too efficient for its costhence being op) but rather than the usual nerfs/buffs of X% damage they could make the cons more noticeable ex: slower cast speed for SRS (the only time SRS is even slightly annoying is that first second you are spamming the skill) and poison arrow they could for example buff boss/rares chaos resistances, so that as a player you would have to pay extra attention to them via curses and maybe more distractions/totems etc.

(agree about FT - although slower projectiles can be switched in for another green gem for bosses - it is maybe too good for levelling but who cares, most experienced players want to speed through, and either way arent forced to use it, and inexperienced players won't use it, so no problem either way).
"
rockmassif wrote:

I don't get this love for Beyond, sure it is a fun mod but it is actually too challenging for my taste. More than challenging, it's outright rippy.
Back when Beyond was an actual league, we didn't have ACT4, monsters didn't hit this hard, defense mechanisms were easier, you could basically build a Dodge/Block/Eva character and not get hit, and even if you did get hit once in a while, old Leech mechanism was there to heal you up. Now we don't have these things but Beyond is still the same Beyond, actually it hits harder than before.

I came close to dying 3 times on the first 30 minutes of Beyond once again. Same thing happened with my previous character and it eventually died to Beyond because I wanted to play the game even though I decided to wait until beyond is over.

Instead of dodge/block/eva to not get hit, you can just go with pretty much perma invincibility...

There are quite a few ways to do that. On my tank, for example, I run enfeeble(23% reduced damage output for the monster), so incoming damage is 77% to start with.
Add in Arctic armour, fortify(with passives), reduced dmg passive, 3 endurance charges... and that is another 50% reduced there... so that is 38% damage...
Then you have Armour which subtracts off of that...

And that is besides block/etc...

I am not at end-game yet(only in my 60s), but everything I've run into so far has been easy-mode, including warband leaders, beyonders, etc.
Totally unplayable now with latest patch. Was getting worse and now I am undone, Thanks for a few good years of gaming ggg. Please fix if you can, I know you are busier than a one-armed paper hanger.....
Thanks GGG! IF Beyond could spawn less or somehow be nicer to my laptop that'd be great too :)
I am with the sad train. I really don't like Beyond. It's incredibly slow to progress with this.

I don't mind the difficulty challenge but when you are playing solo/self found as I always been playing this game since 2011, it is a massive waste of time. The loot is not fantastic if you manage to kill every wave, but the amount of time spend there or avoiding them is not worth it at all. I understand people liking it, people who are only playing parties or have no job/activity other than playing PoE must have fun as they can build an immense advantage with currency and items trading and being protected by their friends. For me ? There is nothing in the game that I hate as much as this mod.

I had to avoid most Beyond days for the entire league. It is not fun to play at all, and I am very sad that it is in the league at such a high frequency. I hope I won't see this mod again, complete waste of my time.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info