Enhancing Poison

"
Styles1125 wrote:
Now for us Poison Arrow people, how about a lesser rare version of Drillneck since I saw a guy trying to sell one for 50ex today.. Keep up the great work!!! Let me guess, you're changing PA to Chaos Arrow?

50?! in which league?
I have to say, the ideal mechanics change for single target melee skills would be to implement a "charging" mechanic. Like, you hold down the attack button to rear back with Heavy Strike for a moment to gain a nice bit of damage and increased stun duration, or charging Glacial Hammer to grant a larger conversion to Cold damage and additional chance to freeze. Clicking many times in rapid succession would do exactly like it does now, you attack quickly. It's a somewhat simple mechanic that could bring new utility to single target skills. Oh, and not every skill needs to be able to charge.
Sorry, this is probably better suited to feedback but it also fits the whole mechanics revision idea.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
looks like my poison bino / discharge lightning strike build is getting a buff! WOOT! Chcck out my character called VyperFang if you'd like to see the build.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Oct 19, 2015, 2:05:44 AM
noice
Need a purpose in life...
"
Pattycakezz wrote:
Buffing melee splash? Srs getting an accidental buff it seems.

You can be pretty sure that it's already just under Qarl's nerf hammer.
IGN : @Morgoth
Sounds super awesome. Especially the meee splash buff. Hope you guys also increase the aoe of it. Been hoping for this for a long while.
"
We're introducing a support gem that lets skills poison

I'm getting really turned on right now.
This feels like my 100% chaos dmg crit Flame totem just got improved :-P
"
Rory wrote:
Poison Arrow will not be changed to use the new mechanics, and will be renamed to avoid confusion.

The mechanics and new skills sound like they could be a lot of fun, and I'm glad Poison Arrow isn't part of these new things.
Spoiler
As one of the few players that doesn't use a slew of support gems or empower with PA, I do hope the existing PA will be left as is.

I am a bit dismayed to hear it will be renamed though. Unless I've forgotten something, Poison Arrow is the original poison skill for Path of Exile. Is it still possible for the NEW skills to get the new name instead (since they are new)? I would think this would cause less player confusion, and make the game world seem more congruent. Finding out after four years that Poison Arrow isn't really poison is like finding out Kaom's name isn't really Kaom, but Dave. <-- A little tongue in cheek there, it's not that drastic, more like neighbors Dave and Kaom getting each other's mail by mistake when the regular postal delivery driver is on vacation.

Aside from "Toxins" names (Toxic Strike) suggested by the passive skill graphic 'Venom' would be good for the new skills.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Oct 19, 2015, 3:02:12 AM
Melee poison build on the way? Great

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info