Enhancing Poison

"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
So if Poison Arrow won't be affected, this means that it'll scale with the same sources of damage, right? Damage Over Time, Projectile, Area Damage, Damage, and Chaos Damage?

I just spent 20 ex on a perfect jewel, and was planning to get more. But don't want to keep doing so if any of these will change.

Aside from this, this is exciting news, I love DoT effects and if done well, this could be very satisfying to play.

They're only renaming Poison Arrow so there shouldn't be any worries about your jewels being wrong.

"
Rupenus wrote:
dont break something in pvp meta please. :) you hear me devs? dont!

I dunno about breaking the meta, but chances are it will shift the meta a bit. Instead of poison builds trying to get the one big hit they'll want to get as many stacks as possible if all poison sources can stack.
Thanks Rory, looking forward to trying this out as soon as it's ready.

Gameplay-wise, I have two questions:

1. How will this mechanic distinguish itself from Ignite builds?

2. How do you plan to present this mechanic such that players would be incentivized to invest into poison rather than more direct damage?

Can't wait to see the new builds that'll come from this :D

Btw I suppose that's just a mock up image but aren't those new poison nodes going exactly over some old trap nodes? Are they being replaced or does that indicate you guys are doing something neat with traps too at the moment?
Poison should stay damage over time, it does not fit theme to stack poison .. just imo

I am just used to games having DOT spells refresh timer instead of stacking with the same type of damage, I will wait and see how this goes
I can be spotted wondering Wraeclast
Last edited by TheGreenGhost on Oct 19, 2015, 2:34:09 AM
"
Soulphage wrote:
Poison should stay damage over time, it does not fit theme to stack poison .. just imo

What do you mean? It's still a DoT.
"
Gnossos wrote:
Can't wait to see the new builds that'll come from this :D

Btw I suppose that's just a mock up image but aren't those new poison nodes going exactly over some old trap nodes? Are they being replaced or does that indicate you guys are doing something neat with traps too at the moment?

Said nodes are crit nodes for mines and traps. If they're getting entirely replaced chances are they're not being used much.

But it is just a mockup so things can definitely change.
ggg read my mine on this one, can't wait to do a viper strike melee splasher that just melts shit
if we can get 7k+ hp with coil going poison build then its good if not then is not viable for lvl 80+ maps content and of course lvl 100 :)
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Oct 19, 2015, 12:09:42 AM
rip Blast Cascade
More nerfs please! (ง°ل͜°)ง
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info