State of Exile Community Podcast - Episode 40 - Featuring Developers Chris and Carl

Hi

Defending carrion crow is ridiculous, 12 life average rolled on those div cards, yeah life is great on armour but 12 life when your lvl 40-15 and finally maybe get a set to vendor...

Rain of chaos is such a troll card, 1 chaos IS NOT A RAIN!

This game needs a truly HC league: Account bound crafting league(or SFL), characters in that league would never be able to move there items over to scrubcore.

Also this game needs to take the power back from the third party trade sites... and get rid of these spammers on trade chat. ATM ENGAGING IN TRADE IS ENGAGING IN A CONVERSATION WITH YOURSELF ABOUT HOW MUCH CANCER YOU WANT TO ACCEPT ATM.

Great pod cast otherwise:P

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Oct 12, 2015, 11:05:16 AM
Thank you for considering opening races daily instead of fixed times. I've asked for this every season since season one, and I had given up on it. I didn't even bother racing this past season because it didn't really fit my schedule.

This gives me hope again.
nice
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Honestly, if the devs are reading, Act4 is cool and when cruel is gone I think Ill be able to enjoy it for what it is a lot more, but the questing part of the game is always going to be 5% of my play time. Atm that leaves 95% maps, and as amazing as the map system is its been 95% of the past 2.5 years on a system that by itself has probably had 2% of the dev time the questing section has had. I dunno how the community feels but as an individual its always going to be 95% endgame, if we can get racing in there so its 65% endgame and 30% racing then awesome. But for me thats where GGG should be spending serious time, endgame and racing. The quest game provides the assets for endgame and race systems, sure, but if half the time spent making an act was devoted to racing and endgame the amount of playable game I have for that 95% of my time would be multiplied by 10.

Ah, the wonders of the endgame, making obsolete the previous content for veterans...

Look, the early game is 5% for you. For other people it could be 25%, 50% or 75%. You can't just put everything there without taking care of the former. It doesn't mean mapping shouldn't receive more effort, just that the early game deserves to be rethought so people like you stop taking it as a filler, and acts have more value after getting to maps.

For example, consider this:

"
Derpey wrote:
Please make leveling new chars less of a boredom already..
Not sure if anyone else feels like it, but leveling through the game after so many times, is so bloody boring, but that's mostly because you're entitled to some generic build until you have more options later in the game.

See? Some care must be taken for levelling to make it something that it's not filler. Read the link in my signature for a more detailed discussion of this.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 12, 2015, 1:01:51 PM
Great podcast, thanks Chris and Carl!
In next 4 (or 3 again?) months league Poison Arrow would be nerfed and some work needed with Divination Cards: as mentioned Rain of Chaos super bad and most useless set as The Carrion Crow just Veeery bad set.
Some bad cards:
- Loyalty
- The Metalsmith's Gift
- Three Faces in the Dark
- The Hermit
Whats wrong with them? Amount of cards needed for full set, it's super wrong.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
@Tyoll

Look at PVP Forums, look at Racing forums.
Look at threads being 2-3 years old such as "When you reflexes turn Iron" by Charan or SFL.

The only time the change something if there is a massive outburst.
Do you really think the QoL features would have come without tons of players using cheating software and crying on reddit?
Do you think loot wouldn't be short allocation if not 1000 of players complained on SA because of Frostwall lootblock tactics?
Yhaaaa show the pod cast love :D
Great podcast.

I love that Chris hitted the nail on the head by saying that people are conditioned by WoW to play content "appropriate to their level". PoE isn't that game and never was designed like that.

Positives that I immediately liked:

** Less start-up time!

** Races that cover 24 hours! Better for my agenda.

** Turning items into usable permanent item skins. On that note I just want to state now since I was gone when it was included in one of the former updates: Icetomb, Alt art Edge of Madness & Geoffri's Baptism look bloody amazing!

Does Carl have dutch family roots with a name like 'de Visser' aka 'the Fisher'?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
So, like a not native English speaker, I have a question for you guys:

It will be a 1 month race again or will be a real league? I think I can't handle other month of this =/.

And I love to see those guys talking with the community.
Only about halfway through the cast, but a question I'm hoping was covered, is why race characters only go to hardcore/standard rather than the challenge leagues. I'd be much more willing to drop what I'm doing in a challenge league for a 2-3 hour race if the character and items ended up in the league that I care about.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info