State of Exile Community Podcast - Episode 40 - Featuring Developers Chris and Carl

"
Derpey wrote:

- Endgame is dull (map 24/7, we need something else here)
- Leveling is boring as hell for people who've played this game for a long time
- Game is pulled down by its RNG design (new players are being pushed away, rather than dragged into the game)
- Stupid scalings making only specific builds viable (all from forced life% and mitigation just so you can deal with content, to needed support gems for damage)
- Passive tree is a bloody mess and only few routes through it is viable

Completely agree, Fixing issues with the core game should be Priority Number 1.
Last edited by Tyoll on Oct 12, 2015, 6:55:35 AM
I spent the entire tempest league making sure I did not trigger a single challenge.. since an incomplete totem can go fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk....itself.. Main reason I did this was due to several challenges that is.. to be frank.. unobtainable by the vast majority.. like the "identify insanely rare unique items" and "kill bosses that requires insanely expensive gear to do" ..

I hope stuff like this GOES AWAY in the near future... it wasn't fun to play only templar and scion because if I levelled another one above 82.. I'd get a challenge done.. at least unless there is a way to DELETE FOR EVER the friggin totem from the first totemleague that I now have eating up valuable space in my MTX TrashStash..

generally dangerous
"
Piechol wrote:
Another 1 month ehhh you are kidding me please....

who cares about 1 month ppl stop playing after a week or 2.

What is this guy talking about?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The elephant over there is the trading system. Please make some form of statement about your plans for it. I don't trade, and wont even with a system in place, but I'm concerned that GGG has been silent on this issue.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 12, 2015, 7:46:19 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The elephant over there is the trading system. Please make some form of statement about your plans for it. I don't trade, and wont even with a system in place, but I'm concerned that GGG has been silent on this issue.

I'm way more concerned about the video cutting off when Chris starts to talk about fishing, that's extremely fishy.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
please give information regarding pvp...
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

They gave a statement about their plans for trading in this very podcast. Near future is planned better support for third party trading apps. For example, making sure offline/online status updates instantly! And Mid to long term they have mentioned things like cross instance or asynchronous trading but that's a while off as it's going to take a lot of development time.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
I think it was a good podcast, restored some faith in where we are going atm. The game needs some mech changes, leech is the main one I feel. The general change was good but the values of leech are just too restrictive imo, if they eased up so 2% is not 0.4% but 0.8% or something would be a start.

But its good to hear theyre looking hard at racing. Racing is a form of endgame in a way, its not but it sort of is. Im not a fan of racing because I just hate lvl 1-20 play, too slow, laborious and Im already so burnt to a crisp of running the acts. Races like Descent Champions I love but its too infrequent for me to bother with racing as a whole.

If theyre going to spend some serious dev time on racing and maybe down the line we might get more custom out of game races like that, thats awesome, maybe racing will be something I will invest time in in the future. Honestly, if the devs are reading, Act4 is cool and when cruel is gone I think Ill be able to enjoy it for what it is a lot more, but the questing part of the game is always going to be 5% of my play time. Atm that leaves 95% maps, and as amazing as the map system is its been 95% of the past 2.5 years on a system that by itself has probably had 2% of the dev time the questing section has had. I dunno how the community feels but as an individual its always going to be 95% endgame, if we can get racing in there so its 65% endgame and 30% racing then awesome. But for me thats where GGG should be spending serious time, endgame and racing. The quest game provides the assets for endgame and race systems, sure, but if half the time spent making an act was devoted to racing and endgame the amount of playable game I have for that 95% of my time would be multiplied by 10.

I feel quite hopeful about the things said. One thing with comments made by Qarl about people just repeating the 1 'best' area if they could select the areas in maps... Of course hes right, absolutely. There does become an issue though when, myself as an example, I get trapped at 76 to 77 maps, almost all my time is playing these 2 brackets with occasional trips to 75s and 78+. When your 5 or even 10 favorite maps are not in these brackets, and these brackets are virtually all that you play endlessly you are actually not having more fun than chaining your favorite map alone. Im not saying select ur own zone is a better method, but maybe yellow tier bosses have the chance to drop some kind of maplike object, call it whatever, for sake of discussion lets call it a stone. The boss drops a tier 9 stone, you cna then roll the stone with t9 map mods but it doesnt run on its own, you put in another map with it and it runs that map as a tier 9 map with the mods from the stone. So maybe you find 1 of these things for every 5 normal t9 maps you find and that lets you run one map zone of your choice which adds a little element of control and variety into the routine. Its something Ive been thinking about for a while, I might make a feedback post if I cna gather the enthusiasm as theres other ideas.

"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

They gave a statement about their plans for trading in this very podcast. Near future is planned better support for third party trading apps. For example, making sure offline/online status updates instantly! And Mid to long term they have mentioned things like cross instance or asynchronous trading but that's a while off as it's going to take a lot of development time.

All good... but not what we need. We need something in game. I for one wont tab out of my game to "play it".
You TROLLS! Almost killed me! Seriously, was listening to the pod cast while playing and right at the end you start talking about fishing. I was pretty interested in this so when it just CUTS OUT I was like, WHAT?! and started looking to see why it cut out. Of course, this is when a beyond boss spawns. Anyways, great pod cast, thanks for all the work, and please tell Zeno/Ziggy to edit better. =D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info