Flashback Event (IC001)

"
Hodari wrote:
"
MajorS wrote:

Yes because playing a game should certainly not be for fun first and it would hurt everyone that planned ahead if those slackers would get a chance for a challenge they have missed because they might have cared about RL. /s

By all means, have fun playing, but that doesn't mean you should be entitled to get credit for challenges despite having failed to complete the requirements of that challenge. And one of those requirements was that you look at the schedule of when mods would be available and plan ahead enough to get them while they were available. And again, you had better than 2 full WEEKS available for this one, so it's not like you can argue that you didn't have a chance to get it done. There was PLENTY of time to do so.

And yes, it COULD end up hurting other players if they tried to change the rules now. We know that these all mod weekends are already putting a severe strain on their servers at times. Adding yet another mod would make it even worse and probably mean that either they have to take something ELSE out in its place(thus denying someone else a chance to complete THAT challenge) or lead to greater server instability. And it's also possible that there's some other interaction between Tempest and Warbands which we don't know about that makes them not able to run both together. In any case, it would be extremely unfair for them to change the rules most of the way through the event just because a few people didn't plan ahead properly.

And yes, in fact I generally agree with all this "plan ahead" stuff, but lets be honest - this particular league's challenges were not as hard to complete. They dont require 1 month of playing. In fact "hardest" challenge out of 20 was to get level 85. Everything else would complete itself without even thinking about within the time you leveling to 85, given the fact you just have those mods in game.

My point is that in this flashback even all that speech about "you should plan ahead" is just an excuse from the people who got 20 without really planning anything and dont want everybody to be able to do the same.)) And we are in fact punished for the inability to play 3 weeks before, not for the lazyness, which is not really fair, for my taste
Last edited by FlyingSorcerer on Oct 29, 2015, 7:01:45 AM
I'm all in for being able to complete all challenges until the league ends, I have a real life, too, but the Assassination challenge didn't require much time investment. I got this within 15 minutes of logging in one night simply by monitoring /global 710 and joining a party when someone offered a leader there. While we were at it, two more popped up in chat.

There certainly are "no-life-only" gated things in PoE but this wasn't one of them.
"
Alysma wrote:
I'm all in for being able to complete all challenges until the league ends, I have a real life, too, but the Assassination challenge didn't require much time investment. I got this within 15 minutes of logging in one night simply by monitoring /global 710 and joining a party when someone offered a leader there. While we were at it, two more popped up in chat.

There certainly are "no-life-only" gated things in PoE but this wasn't one of them.

Yeah, the assassination quest isn't hard to complete but as FlyingSorcerer said, the hardest challenge to complete was getting level 85 and was that what I have focused on, beliving I could not have the time to get that level, guess what, yesterday I got it... for nothing =(
"

And yes, in fact I generally agree with all this "plan ahead" stuff, but lets be honest - this particular league's challenges were not as hard to complete. They dont require 1 month of playing. In fact "hardest" challenge out of 20 was to get level 85. Everything else would complete itself without even thinking about within the time you leveling to 85, given the fact you just have those mods in game.

My point is that in this flashback even all that speech about "you should plan ahead" is just an excuse from the people who got 20 without really planning anything and dont want everybody to be able to do the same.)) And we are in fact punished for the inability to play 3 weeks before, not for the lazyness, which is not really fair, for my taste

Also my speech!

I thought it would be a good investment to spend money in this game for the first time because of this great event.

And now I get punished because one of the mod aren't being available for the remaining 8 days?

What a joke!
"

My point is that in this flashback even all that speech about "you should plan ahead" is just an excuse from the people who got 20 without really planning anything

In fact I did plan ahead and very deliberately made sure I got certain challenges while they were still available. I pushed myself to level a bit faster than I might have done otherwise so that when certain challenges were available for the first time, I'd be high enough level to do them. I specifically noticed right from the beginning that this one would NOT be available for the last week or so and planned accordingly. Sorry you couldn't do the same, but again, that's no one's fault but your own.
um....how to search my char specifically in the ladder?
"
11md351 wrote:
um....how to search my char specifically in the ladder?

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to do this. Would definitely be nice to have though.
"
Hodari wrote:
"

My point is that in this flashback even all that speech about "you should plan ahead" is just an excuse from the people who got 20 without really planning anything

In fact I did plan ahead and very deliberately made sure I got certain challenges while they were still available. I pushed myself to level a bit faster than I might have done otherwise so that when certain challenges were available for the first time, I'd be high enough level to do them. I specifically noticed right from the beginning that this one would NOT be available for the last week or so and planned accordingly. Sorry you couldn't do the same, but again, that's no one's fault but your own.

It's quite amusing when people read and quote only that part of message, which corresponds with their point and leave unnoticed all that doesn't fit)

I specifically said that I was unable to play 3 weeks before, which leaves me no chance of completing last challenge. I didnt say that you were not planning, maybe you did, but if I was able to get 19 challenges in 4 days, then, probably, if I would be able to play from the beginning of the event, I would get all 20 on the first day of the second week, when warbands changed to tempest. Not quite requires much planning, isn't it?) And actually "that's no one's fault but your own" means that the absence of free time is my fault)

And I feel like I need to point it out again - I'm not saying that players shouldn't plan ahead of getting achievements, and most importantly, i'm not voting for the on-the-fly change of rules in this league, I just really hope in some future events this situation will not occure again.

I participated in the previous flashback event, and it had different schedule, so each 3 days we had all mods together without exceptions. I realise that I'm not aware of the specifics like server load etc., only GGG employees know that, so probably they had some reasons not to run warbands and tempest in the same time along with some other mods (or all of them), but if you ask me, I would gladly see if those mods would change more frequently, not once a week.
Last edited by FlyingSorcerer on Oct 30, 2015, 7:17:15 AM
"
"
Hodari wrote:
"

It's quite amusing when people read and quote only that part of message, which corresponds with their point and leave unnoticed all that doesn't fit)

I specifically said that I was unable to play 3 weeks before, which leaves me no chance of completing last challenge. I didnt say that you were not planning, maybe you did, but if I was able to get 19 challenges in 4 days, then, probably, if I would be able to play from the beginning of the event, I would get all 20 on the first day of the second week, when warbands changed to tempest. Not quite requires much planning, isn't it?) And actually "that's no one's fault but your own" means that the absence of free time is my fault)

And I feel like I need to point it out again - I'm not saying that players shouldn't plan ahead of getting achievements, and most importantly, i'm not voting for the on-the-fly change of rules in this league, I just really hope in some future events this situation will not occure again.

I participated in the previous flashback event, and it had different schedule, so each 3 days we had all mods together without exceptions. I realise that I'm not aware of the specifics like server load etc., only GGG employees know that, so probably they had some reasons not to run warbands and tempest in the same time along with some other mods (or all of them), but if you ask me, I would gladly see if those mods would change more frequently, not once a week.

I think that they can't do Warbands and Tempest at the same time because both use specific logos on zones on the world map. I do agree that it would have been nice for a quicker rotation. I was lucky that I had time earlier on in the league to finish everything.
gf. I missed warbands. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info