Flashback Event (IC001)

Can I second this warbands throwback. I'm also a person who has only one week to complete the challenges.
The list of mods was announced a month ago. You had 16 days when you could have completed the challenge. And even if you took your time leveling, you only had to get to a1 merciless before you encountered the warbands leaders, so there was plenty of time.

If you weren't smart enough to plan ahead, then doom on you!
"
Hodari wrote:

If you weren't smart enough to plan ahead, then doom on you!

Yes because playing a game should certainly not be for fun first and it would hurt everyone that planned ahead if those slackers would get a chance for a challenge they have missed because they might have cared about RL. /s
"
MajorS wrote:

Yes because playing a game should certainly not be for fun first and it would hurt everyone that planned ahead if those slackers would get a chance for a challenge they have missed because they might have cared about RL. /s

By all means, have fun playing, but that doesn't mean you should be entitled to get credit for challenges despite having failed to complete the requirements of that challenge. And one of those requirements was that you look at the schedule of when mods would be available and plan ahead enough to get them while they were available. And again, you had better than 2 full WEEKS available for this one, so it's not like you can argue that you didn't have a chance to get it done. There was PLENTY of time to do so.

And yes, it COULD end up hurting other players if they tried to change the rules now. We know that these all mod weekends are already putting a severe strain on their servers at times. Adding yet another mod would make it even worse and probably mean that either they have to take something ELSE out in its place(thus denying someone else a chance to complete THAT challenge) or lead to greater server instability. And it's also possible that there's some other interaction between Tempest and Warbands which we don't know about that makes them not able to run both together. In any case, it would be extremely unfair for them to change the rules most of the way through the event just because a few people didn't plan ahead properly.
WAIT WHAT?

Does it really mean that I can't finish the Assassination Challenge now??
"
Hodari wrote:
"
MajorS wrote:

By all means, have fun playing, but that doesn't mean you should be entitled to get credit for challenges despite having failed to complete the requirements of that challenge. And one of those requirements was that you look at the schedule of when mods would be available and plan ahead enough to get them while they were available. And again, you had better than 2 full WEEKS available for this one, so it's not like you can argue that you didn't have a chance to get it done. There was PLENTY of time to do so.

And yes, it COULD end up hurting other players if they tried to change the rules now. We know that these all mod weekends are already putting a severe strain on their servers at times. Adding yet another mod would make it even worse and probably mean that either they have to take something ELSE out in its place(thus denying someone else a chance to complete THAT challenge) or lead to greater server instability. And it's also possible that there's some other interaction between Tempest and Warbands which we don't know about that makes them not able to run both together. In any case, it would be extremely unfair for them to change the rules most of the way through the event just because a few people didn't plan ahead properly.

I agree with you in terms, was my fault to don't study the full calendar but I m sure many players, when they have a full list of achievements, don't plan which one they will do first at that moment, they just do when they are near to complete few missing achievements. I'm a casual player as much of us, and as a casual player I don't have too much time to plan a calendar achievement, because I don't know when I will get time to play, When I have the time, I just want to open the game and play.
I don't agree that for 8 days to end of the league we don't have a day for warband mods.

GGG can't run tempest with warband.

But by no means I want to hurt a player who plan to get tempest achievements at the last two days of the league, if it would happen I don't want them to change the calendar.
Last edited by Shadowow on Oct 28, 2015, 12:42:14 PM
"
Shadowow wrote:

I agree with you in terms, was my fault to don't study the full calendar but I m sure many players, when they have a full list of achievements, don't plan which one they will do first at that moment, they just do when they are near to complete few missing achievements. I'm a casual player as much of us, and as a casual player I don't have too much time to plan a calendar achievement, because I don't know when I will get time to play, When I have the time, I just want to open the game and play.
I don't agree that for 8 days to end of the league we don't have a day for warband mods.

My speech!

Last edited by Gizmotoson on Oct 28, 2015, 2:07:25 PM
"
Gizmotoson wrote:
WAIT WHAT?

Does it really mean that I can't finish the Assassination Challenge now??

Might still be able to do it via Zana mods but otherwise, I think you're out of luck.
sure you can at 3ex a pop.. good luck :D. i dont have mine either but meh, my own fault for not looking at calender and rerolling a few times to new builds/messing around.
Last edited by Jyrk on Oct 28, 2015, 4:59:07 PM
I completely agree with all that was said before - last weekend should bear a chance for everybody to complete any challenges which left undone. I made 19 challenges in 4 days before I did realise that I cant do assassination on last week. There are other things in life you know, not everyone can play PoE 24/7 365 days per year)
Last edited by FlyingSorcerer on Oct 29, 2015, 6:13:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info