Map Changes in 2.0.4

sounds great
go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your TV, play PoE, follow fashion,
act normal, obey the law ... and repeat after me: I AM FREE.
/
Last edited by tslt on Jul 14, 2018, 7:50:23 AM
"
Players with backgrounds in contemporary MMORPGs expect to play content equivalent to their level.In order to resolve this confusion, maps now display a tier rather than a level. The level can easily be calculated. Tier 1 is level 68 (or level 66 if it's an old map graphic).

lol wtf are you serious, this doesn't solve anything, it something similar to what blizz would do. Numbers can be confusing, let's change that to this...

People will still play content below their level, only now they'll need to calculate this level based on tier info.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
We can know Map Tier , But Item level need us in map to inspect ?
overall good and bad changes in ways.

the MAIN thing is i feel GGG needs to work on introducing more maps. forget the stupid tier thing chris yall are overthinking and confusing yourselves on the matter. i feel overall to make us happy we need more end game content! work on more maps. eventually introduce 83 up to maybe 90 that would be a lot of room for new maps. but make the xp bonus less for playing higher level maps for sure.

from my perspective its pretty easy to burn out on playing the same maps again and again. my highest lvl is 91. obtained it this season my best last season was 86 but i understood much less about the game then. for a while i was sutaining up to 75s saving the few 76s i found. got busted back down to 73s for a little bit till i quickly rebounded to 74s and 75s and built my 76s up more till i started running them and now im sustaining at probably 2/3 76s and 1/3 75s as my daily mapping. takes a decent number of maps of a level to start sustaining them. ive figured 12-15 of a level to make sure to have a pool to sustain at least at the levels ive been doing.

but for 77s ive only found 5 of them and i kill ALL bosses so far except for malformation piety which just isnt much of a worthwhile map anyway. low monster density, really really hard boss. good for challenge not so much for exp and map drops. i feel +2 is far to rare. just taking to much time to build my map pool on upwards.

the main point more maps needed and should be able to play more than the highest 1-2 map levels u can sustain to level. gives more variety. more variety keeps burn out lower.

more content more content more content for high level play............................

Last edited by lone500 on Sep 24, 2015, 2:00:53 AM
Here's betting etup hits 100 in record time, doing only 68 maps.

YOu failed me so much, ggg. you were the chosen one.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
darkwolf7786 wrote:

Why should the game be designed around the 1%? Why can't the rest also get a chance to try higher level content or get to level 100 without the artificial time sinks?

The change is significant to the 99% because its making the game into an even more hopeless situation for them. Those that may have wanted to get to 100 and already thought it was a lot of trouble before are definitely not going to bother now and might just quit because of it.

You're not going to stop the 1%. No matter what changes are made, they'll still make it to 100. You're only going to stop the 99% from wasting the time attempting it. Eventually, the 1% will become the 100% because the 99% is just going to up and leave.

Because if they were made changes for the "99%" in that regard, 1% would reach level 100 in day or two.
You don't need to get level 100. You are calling to make game easier, so people who aren't as good as top players can achieve top achievements. Which is stupid.
You are not a top player, I'm not a top player - deal with it.
Did you know?
You also will never drive Bugatti Veyron - aren't you triggered by that fact?!

Good changes!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
tier map for what ?
change for changes.. and bad change
this twice as long, did you test it?
https://youtu.be/Dt9GwmOWoqo
nice to read.... what about some more cartograph boxes with higher value? at all the change of colors is still nice...

if the league ends, do i have to do act 4 to all my old chars now?? merging the jewel stuff to the core game?

what a bout a poe.xyz search inside the stash tab?? and some color sign where i got some cosmetics.... with around 40-60 pages it is still hard to find the effect, i linked to gear and gems..

finally for all that flaming comments around here... THANK YOU for the nice ideas and good constant work you all did...
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Sep 24, 2015, 2:20:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info