Map Changes in 2.0.4

huchh I thought the Map'monsters had higher monsterlevel than the map level.
Because difficulty is higher.

But what you are saying is that the calculation is exactly the same than in "normal game".
Thank you answering !
I play PoE solo (unfortunately past a certain point I have to trade unless I want to take 10x longer to gear up). I'm curently lvl92.

I am running out of high level maps (even though I alch all of them).

Zana needs a MOD imo that says (Guaranteed to find at least 1 map same level... 50% reduced IIR/IIQ). I just wanna buy top level map from players then stay at top level. Not run out and bore myself to death running lower teir maps for 0.5% exp.

Please consider revising end-game mapping for solo players. Worst part of this wonderful game!
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Oct 22, 2015, 9:07:31 AM
"
Hillda wrote:
huchh I thought the Map'monsters had higher monsterlevel than the map level.
Because difficulty is higher.

Right, monster level is the same as area level, not even uncommon monsters are an exception to this, players usually assume so because they drop loot of higher level than they are.

Level -> tier change doesn't really matter much to more experienced players because they know which level are they by now. Map level says some useful things, height of potential experience penalty and ilevel of loot dropped, tier tells you jack shit, if you'll pardon the language.

Also, Chris seemed confused by our reverse tiering of mods. We do it because it's easier, tier one is always the best possible roll and if they remove or add a tier everything gets shifted. When you say 'tier 2 roll' you always know it's the second-best one, when you say 'tier 12 roll' you need to know how many tiers are there for that to mean something, a number which may change. And, we use 'tier zer0' for new mods they implemented in 2.0 because they are extremely unlikely to roll, just a hair higher than tier 1 and possible on items an average players won't drop, therefore - tier zero, or 'a tier that might not even exist'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 22, 2015, 9:44:32 AM
This game aint to solo players.. Not with these map drops.. Im now 96lvl and rdy do quit this fucking race.. I solo maps, cause i hate play with rushers and morons. Now i have played about 15x +80 maps to throw, all with +100iiq + ambush/domination mod.. all had pack size, dual curse etc shit..
From bosses i get T1 maps, from mobs i dont get fucking nothing.. Not any +- map drops from 15 maps..

GGG Dont promise something what u never keep.. "Better map drops" Nothing have chance in 10 patches.. And that what u do, u make all good uniqs so common that those worth couple chisels.. U guys fucked up markets. T1 uniqs should be rare, that there is not +100 on sale after 2 weeks..

And to those map drops.. I'm fine if there is unlucky streaks, but if that streaks duration is 2weeks.. Something is wrong.
I posted about map drops before.... i done plenty of high consumming tier 10 - 14 maps (as in full chiss,alch chaos/vaal). Only thing i found out that the drops you get out of it when it comes to maps is just way to low to non existent at all.
But the currency is not the problem...item drops is not the problem... map drops is really a big problem.
I was swimming in maps, i am still swimming in maps, BUT i took notes from the last 20 maps i ran and well as it shows : map drops are stupidly low in my opinion considering to what you pay for them to get the highest iiq.
As shown no 13 - 15 tier maps as the drop is even lower on those maps and i am not even considering soloing them anymore as it just isnt worht it. (without rotations with other people)
I get that the higher tier maps shouldnt be common but i basicly have to "buy" my high tier maps as i am not dropping them if it wasnt for me saving up on alot of maps a while back when the map drops where higher and i had some time to play.

Maps Ran : Maps dropped
Tier 12 : 0 maps
Tier 9 : Tier 8
Tier 9 : Tier 4/5/7
Tier 9 : Tier 3/5/6/7/8
Tier 9 : Tier 2/6/6
Tier 9 : Tier 3/6/6/8/9
Tier 9 : Tier 3/9/9
Tier 9 : Tier 3/3/9/9/10
Tier 10 : Tier 7/7
Tier 9 : Tier 1/7
Tier 9 : 0 maps
Tier 9 : Tier 7/7/8
Tier 9 : Tier 3/6/10
Tier 10 : Tier 1/2/4/4/9
Tier 9 : Tier 4/9
Tier 9 : Tier 3/6/6
Tier 10 : 0 maps
Tier 10 : Tier 3/9
Tier 8 : Tier 6/6

So fact is the map drops are to low even when you combine all the maps i found (3 of the same to one higher map) i am not even near to sustaining a map pool when i would be a new player as to me having played alot and can bleed out "some" maps.
Last edited by Merovingian1885 on Oct 24, 2015, 7:35:39 AM
"
/ChrisMode on
This data shows that map drops are even better than we intended: for 186 levels that you used in map device you got 277 map levels in return. We'll consider balancing map drops in future patches. Hope you enjoy our game!
/ChrisMode off

Now seriously: even if we assume that T1 map's "worth" is 1, T2's is 3, T3's is 9 and so on, then you used 349920"mapworth" and got a whopping 106271 in return. Hell, even if T[N] would be equal only 2*T[N-1] that'd be 7808 used, 4318 returned. That's... how should I put it? Discouraging, maybe?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Yeah, but you know... high-level maps are not to be sustained and he probably didnt use 4chisel / chaos spam / 3 fragments / zana mod, which is mandatory to sustain "high" level maps now.

The map system is beyond discouraging. I played for a while, now I am back to "fuck it, it sucks".
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
This looks like my drop'stats.

Considering that party-playing doesnt change map's drop, this means our map pool is not possible to sustain after T10. I understand that T12-T15 are supposed to be "exceptional drops hard to sustain". That is a good idea.
But we should be able to sustain T11 map-pool. That is not.

That reinforces my point of view, especially for Zana's quests :

"
Hillda wrote:
The best of the three worlds could be :

- Keep the colors white/yellow/red (for Tier recognition)
- Indicate on the Map the ideal player's level (depending on XP return or GGG opinion) like "lvl 66-70"
- Let Zana being able to open MAPs corresponding to your "ideal level" so that when you have no more MAP pool you are still able to progress (especialy casuals who will make their daily Zana, hoping for -1/+2 Map drop).

And that's it !
Let's wait for Xmass wishes

"
I posted about map drops before.... i done plenty of high consumming tier 10 - 14 maps (as in full chiss,alch chaos/vaal). Only thing i found out that the drops you get out of it when it comes to maps is just way to low to non existent at all.
But the currency is not the problem...item drops is not the problem... map drops is really a big problem.
I was swimming in maps, i am still swimming in maps, BUT i took notes from the last 20 maps i ran and well as it shows : map drops are stupidly low in my opinion considering to what you pay for them to get the highest iiq.
As shown no 13 - 15 tier maps as the drop is even lower on those maps and i am not even considering soloing them anymore as it just isnt worht it. (without rotations with other people)
I get that the higher tier maps shouldnt be common but i basicly have to "buy" my high tier maps as i am not dropping them if it wasnt for me saving up on alot of maps a while back when the map drops where higher and i had some time to play.

So fact is the map drops are to low even when you combine all the maps i found (3 of the same to one higher map) i am not even near to sustaining a map pool when i would be a new player as to me having played alot and can bleed out "some" maps.

totally agree. since patch i see more drops of maps tier 8 9 and 10, but if you try tier 11 12 maps playing with iiq over 120% and packsize and no drops is really frustrating, sometimes you get 1 or 2 maps tier 11 but you play 4 maps with shitty drops. zana no longer drops high maps so you cannot depend on her quest to sustain map pool.
sometimes rngesus give you a hand, but is you play many maps always you will need to try tier 9 10 maps again and hoping a +2 drop to sustain tier 11 12 maps. for example playing 1 t10 map i got 3 tier 11 maps but playgin those t11 maps over 100% iiq and no drops.

it would be great if you increase drops at least of tier 11 12 maps or increase zana's maps level to get more tier 9 10 maps and sustain tier 11 and 12. +2 from bosses is a shit, you get 1 +2 each 10 or 15 maps and probably when you play a low map (never got +2 maps from tier 10+ maps). before patch zana's laboratory was level 76 at level 8, why do you low to 74 and increase the time to level up her?
Tried to sell 10 tier 1 maps for 1 c in 1 month flashback.

Instantly got 10 pms from people willing to buy tier 10 maps for 1 c.

Thats how clear the tier system is. And don't tell me that I got 10 pms from non native speakers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info