Map Changes in 2.0.4

Finally end game maping is fixed. Maps now have different colors and are called tiers. All that time that was invested to acomplish this was so much worth it.

Now instead of runing maps up to level 76, you will be doing yellow maps up to tier 9.

You people should have been politicians....you have the gift

"
holocaustus wrote:
So people were running high level maps through Zana even though her max level was lowered to 75. Right. But there won't be map levels anyway going forward so nobody can complain about that anymore heh. And maps now drop slightly(tm) more often but give less XP. LOL

That all sounds like a ton of fun. I'm sure it will take etup a few extra hours to reach 100 in the 1 month league. I hope etup buys a few extra MTX while he's at it because I sure as hell won't spend any more money on this game the way it's headed.

hahaha, exactly......maps now drop more often by 0.0000000001% but they give 20% less exp

these guys never cease to amaze me

This sounds like an improvement to me. People need to realize that level 100 is not important. No matter how much that round number looks better then say 9x the fact is 100 should be a very difficult challenge that most people do not reach. 100 only very slightly makes your character better than a 99.

I think people deep down are concerned with what content they can play and challenge themselves with. As long as more people get the chance to try the higher level (tier) maps and more importantly build up to them then I think in the end they will be satisfied. As long as more people get to experience maps like Core and Colosseum they will get the challenge they need.

I hope everyone gives it a try before deciding but in the end it sounds good.

As to the tiers instead of level, whatever people will figure it out either way the community isn't that stupid.

The only thing I'm still waiting on and I read a few others that sound like they are too is when are you going to make Zana worthwhile again? I'm not saying she should be the undeniable queen of the masters but her giving level 75 maps as tops is a joke, even a few more levels (like all the other masters zones) would make her fun again.
Last edited by OldmanBlackdragon on Sep 24, 2015, 2:46:07 AM
Any boss retunes included in any of that? I'm not sure why, for instance, the Village Ruin boss should be so deadly to a 6.5k life Marauder with 8 endurance charges. Is melee really intended to be Path of Kaom's Heart or Just Give Up and Go Crit Reave?
https://redd.it/p0hyul
"Too fast level 100"...
Yeah... that's what... 0.000001% of all players?
I don't feel any advancement after 80...
Same with the masters leveling... I don't feel any advancement on them too...
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
This is a really bewildering post, and I gotta say, it seems flagrantly out of touch with what the majority of people want.

Maybe it's time to roll back and fix a few things that were not broken in the first place. +2 maps from rares wasn't that bad. It was actually exciting to get a +2 map, and those moments of excitement are what keep us playing. I don't like to map anymore, which I used to love, for this very reason. A +2 drop from a boss doesn't even feel that special because deep down I know... as hard as that boss was, it ought to be a +3.

And here we reach the core of it. Nerfs feel bad and they make people angry. Incentivization is the much better approach.

Colors according to what mods can roll? Okay, I like that idea.

But Tiers? Yeah, that's an irredeemable shitshow of an idea. And symptomatic of this thing I see where you're trying to infantalize the endgame. The map system is the endgame. If you haven't figured out what maps you can do by the end of the third difficulty.. how did you even manage to make it to the endgame in the first place?

Finally, the level 100 thing. I think it's time that somebody just said it: Not only should you not make it more difficult to reach 100, you should actually make it somewhat easier, the reason being that if more builds are permitted to reach 100, that'll equate to a wider range of different builds at max level, rather than the cookie-cutter builds that currently occupy the top slots.

It's this really weird mishmash you have of catering to both the top percentage of really intelligent players and also the lowest common denominator of folks who somehow, bafflingly, reach endgame but can't figure out how it works.

I love POE, but this shit is getting out of hand.
hmm, i wonder how many people will just stop trying to get to 100 and if GGG will take it as getting to lvl 100 is hard now.
Map Tiers is a dumb idea
making maps into tiers is a ridiculous idea.

dumbest idea I have ever heard from GGG. One MORE thing for people to look up or have to think about. What item level drops at tier 13 again?

Boosting map drops was desperately needed-TY
I played heavily in WB and never saw a map over 80
only had a handful over 78.

you have to play in a big party and share currency to afford zana mods so to me playing solo, level 80+ maps may as well not even exist in the game.

I liked a previous suggestion that zana mods cost 'per portal'.

You could address splitting cost of the 1 ex mods by making zana mods be a purchase of 6 portals. you pay 1 exalt for 6 portals so if you only use 1 portal on your map then you can select that mod again with the stipulation that you now only have 5 portals left

Portals remaining: 5

run another map use 2 portals

Portals remaining: 3

this also has the added benefit of adding cost to death for SC characters because your zana maps portals now become a resource and dying directly costs you more of that resource than you would otherwise have spent... even if you are not trying to level anymore (either dont care about levels past say 90 or already at 100)
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Lol, how pissed is Ghudda right now? He made an absolutely amazing post on Reddit detailing the problems with maps, especially with Zana mods, got a response from Chris praising the feedback and saying changes were coming... and then the announced changes do fucking nothing to address anything Ghudda said. What a colossal joke.

The tier name change is just the worst idea ever. First, you have the directionality wrong--in every discussion of tiered things in PoE, whether it's affixes or uniques, T1 means highest, not lowest. Second, as others have said, it creates confusion rather than alleviating it. And third, it's not even logically consistent with non-map zones, since many of those are also much harder than their level would indicate. Merciless Harvest is level 70, but does anyone actually think it's appropriate for a level 70 character?
Last edited by Elendarulianreo on Sep 24, 2015, 2:59:20 AM
Sure lets make tiers and colors instead on focusing on map mods that give inadequate quantities/rarities/pack sizes to their difficulty. You can run totally unrewarding super hard mod map or roll freakin equilibrium pack sizes that give more drops... how sick is that.

Good at least that you took a look at those unbalanced act 4 mobs that could make tropical island insanely hard compared to zombie monster spawns in 80+ maps ;p

And i dont like increase in complication of this tier system and some kind of experience cooeficients, jesus why make things so hard every time.

In tempest i ran a lot of mid tier maps and after some 79s, some even 80s i end up with last map of 77level in my stash. Call it bad luck or whatever but that map drops random was killing me every single league so far, I just got frustrated i cannot sustain any higher maps(in tempest as it happened max i could sustain was 76). So basically you say i should run my 76 mid tier maps and then what? You double 99-100 when i can just dream of 78+ maps? haha get real ggg

I hope you realize that ppl that ran high maps in the beginning of league were streamers with somewhat unlimited resources or ppl using external ways to fund them....
ING: Taasiek

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info