Map Changes in 2.0.4

This sounds like a lot of nibbling around the edges without actually doing anything of consequence with an added dash of pointless obfuscation. Seems to me that GGG are so intent on stopping players making progress that they have forgotten that a game is supposed to be fun. This manifesto is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.
Last edited by Lojen on Sep 24, 2015, 2:19:39 AM
Interesting changes, and as always GGG made a great work balancing! i really appreciate and its amazing the work you put into the game to make it better for us all!

Keep up the good work
"
papas88063 wrote:
"
Psyringe wrote:
Nice to see work on the maps, but the statements in the OP seem to be aimed at actually making the game less enjoyable, or maybe I'm understanding them wrong.

"High level maps run through Zana" is a mystery to me since Zana doesn't offer any high level maps in the first place.

Reducing the perceived need for high-level maps by even further increasing the grind level seems rather backwards to me.

Relabeling the map levels into tiers looks like a cover-up rather than a solution to a problem. So now there still won't be adequate content for high level players, they still will get massive XP gain penalties even on the highest level maps, they will have to grind even more than before, and it somehow should feel better because now the maps are labeled with "tiers" instead of "levels"? I'm afraid the only logic that I can see in that would require a rather cynical attitude on behalf of GGG, and I don't really want to believe that.

What I'm taking away from this announcement, is that GGG remains very focused on keeping high-profile players inside the grinding wheel, while continually making the game less attractive for people like me. Not sure if that was the intention, but it's the impression I get. :(

here is someone who actually understands what was said. reason why i left, game changes made because of the top 5% people instead of others.

i agree with this. came back to check out anything better update, seem like this game moving backward
forum should have an upvote button
i find it strange that the map system in it's current form is confusing for people.

how is it even possible for them to think that, if for example, their character lvl is 82 they can do a lvl 82 map. the "natural" progression of this game really makes the difficulty clear in different facets, one being you can feel the difficulty increase in maps naturally, and 2 being it's almost impossible to to say obtain a lvl77 map at character lvl77.

it would be interesting to know what piece of information statistically led GGG to observe that people are confused about map lvls vs character lvls.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
OK, well that manifesto got better towards the end.

As for the time to 100.

When the difference between super long and super quick lies exclusively in currency, you won't ever have a 100 race that fits the time GGG want without completely screwing 99.9% of the playerbase.

I know you have this ideal that map system = currency sink, I know you have this ideal of an economy pyramid, but having content be exclusive to those at the top of an economical pyramid is ridiculous.

Crafting is a good enough sink, it's only under utilised because content demands the orbs while not providing them.
Casually casual.

"
iamnotspock wrote:
[Removed by Support]

"fail sometime seem like success" - Me
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 24, 2015, 3:16:19 PM
Would this also impact legacy maps, as well as ALL unique maps pre 2.0.3?
I don't like making game easier but all other changes are great. If ground effect are going to be fixed I can't complain.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
papas88063 wrote:
"
Psyringe wrote:
Nice to see work on the maps, but the statements in the OP seem to be aimed at actually making the game less enjoyable, or maybe I'm understanding them wrong.

"High level maps run through Zana" is a mystery to me since Zana doesn't offer any high level maps in the first place.

Reducing the perceived need for high-level maps by even further increasing the grind level seems rather backwards to me.

Relabeling the map levels into tiers looks like a cover-up rather than a solution to a problem. So now there still won't be adequate content for high level players, they still will get massive XP gain penalties even on the highest level maps, they will have to grind even more than before, and it somehow should feel better because now the maps are labeled with "tiers" instead of "levels"? I'm afraid the only logic that I can see in that would require a rather cynical attitude on behalf of GGG, and I don't really want to believe that.

What I'm taking away from this announcement, is that GGG remains very focused on keeping high-profile players inside the grinding wheel, while continually making the game less attractive for people like me. Not sure if that was the intention, but it's the impression I get. :(

here is someone who actually understands what was said. reason why i left, game changes made because of the top 5% people instead of others.

+1. GGG has -probably- good intentions but bad implementation. And they should really stop focusing and balancing around the top 1%!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
So people were running high level maps through Zana even though her max level was lowered to 75. Right. But there won't be map levels anyway going forward so nobody can complain about that anymore heh. And maps now drop slightly(tm) more often but give less XP. LOL

That all sounds like a ton of fun. I'm sure it will take etup a few extra hours to reach 100 in the 1 month league. I hope etup buys a few extra MTX while he's at it because I sure as hell won't spend any more money on this game the way it's headed.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info