2.1 Beginners Build: Magic Find Incininerate Block Tank (iiq33/iir430) cheap and easy

Leveling this currently, nearing end of A3N. So far it's been super smooth, and luckily I actually had a 4L Cybil's drop on my main in maps last night.

As a newbie I am very broke currently so looking forward to mapping with this, will hopefully earn me lots of ex so I can buy the mandatory uniques for the really interesting builds I'd like to try (Mjolner, various 5l/6l unique chests, Rats Nest/Alphas, etc)

Also, I wonder: Could this tree, maybe with minor alterations be potentially a really high end damage build too? By running BiS dps uniques in every slot instead of MF...since the usual issues with running lots of uniques (low resists, mainly) don't apply.

(PS: I love how tanky this is, so much more margin for error than my main, which is a Tornado Shot/EV Ranger, whose defensive setup is basically....kill all melee before they get in range).
Last edited by zz9za on Nov 16, 2015, 1:29:45 PM
Hi there, I kept the levelling and it goes as solid as i mentioned some levels ago, gotta love how this build works. I have a couple of doubts thou:

About shields, I have at the moment Safell's, Rathpith (still trying to get the colours needed after hundreds of chromatics) and the Lioneye's Remorse which is the one I usually run. Yesterday I got raped by Merveil and got Safell's from the stash, and this made me think that would be great if you could mention in which maps do you use each of the shields. I know this is something that may be learned by simply playing the maps, but it could be helpful for players that, like me, are relatively new to the game and don´t have too much time to dedicate to it.

The next question is that (merely asking, don't have the experience at all or basics for arguing if it could work or not) if it would be possible at a high level to drop Blood Magic for running some auras or it couldn´t work at all due Incinerate being mana hungry even at high levels.

Thanks in advance and congrats again for your great build!
"
zz9za wrote:

Also, I wonder: Could this tree, maybe with minor alterations be potentially a really high end damage build too? By running BiS dps uniques in every slot instead of MF...since the usual issues with running lots of uniques (low resists, mainly) don't apply.

I also had some thoughts obout this - look at the last section of the build
"
franronin wrote:
About shields, I have at the moment Safell's, Rathpith (still trying to get the colours needed after hundreds of chromatics) and the Lioneye's Remorse which is the one I usually run. Yesterday I got raped by Merveil and got Safell's from the stash, and this made me think that would be great if you could mention in which maps do you use each of the shields. I know this is something that may be learned by simply playing the maps, but it could be helpful for players that, like me, are relatively new to the game and don´t have too much time to dedicate to it.

If you already have "Rathpith Globe Titanium Spirit Shield" all you need is an amulet which give 50% more spell block, I have it in inventory alwais for boss fight.

"
franronin wrote:
The next question is that (merely asking, don't have the experience at all or basics for arguing if it could work or not) if it would be possible at a high level to drop Blood Magic for running some auras or it couldn´t work at all due Incinerate being mana hungry even at high levels.

Read about hardcore version - it uses auras (blood magic support gem works VERY GOOD)
Thanks for the answers, will try it and write about how it works ;)
Awesome build!
I started the 1MSC Darkshrine league w/ a vanilla arctic breath templar and he just started dying too often. I stopped playing him around lvl 74, pooled some currency and bought a Tabula Rasa. Luckily I had found a Lioneye's Remorse already so I was determined to put it to use.
Wow, talk about survivability! I'm just finishing up the rest of the blocking nodes now(lvl84), and it's pretty cool seeing dmg go UP every little node I get.

Currently I have switched up the build a little bit by using a Three Dragons Helm and Innervate instead of Inc. Item Rarity. So now fire damage can shock and innervate gives an increased flat chance to shock and Onslaught buff allowing me to whirling blades around super fast. Most mobs are on dead with glowing shock stacks still on them. Not sure if I'll keep this setup because I know I miss the inc. item rarity and rarity on a helm, but for clearing maps and leveling this way seems to be faster. I think Three Dragons+Innervate+Incinerate was in a build of the week a while ago.
Anyways, thanks for the build. It's crazy tanky with Tabula Rasa and I never thought something like this possible other than Bringer of Rain. Cheers!
tyvm for interesting idea

could u please give some advice about levellin around 55+? i mean end of ch 3 at least - yeah resists r at 75 but all other def r pretty low for me (not much money to buy stuff for the lvel and startin to feel like glass cannon atm - most gear is like lvl 30, at least i got 5 link to use blood magic gem). Oh and another q - which auras r good to use? Im usin arctic armor and anger atm...
Last edited by cyner2000 on Nov 22, 2015, 3:09:54 AM
"
cyner2000 wrote:
tyvm for interesting idea

could u please give some advice about levellin around 55+? i mean end of ch 3 at least - yeah resists r at 75 but all other def r pretty low for me (not much money to buy stuff for the lvel and startin to feel like glass cannon atm - most gear is like lvl 30, at least i got 5 link to use blood magic gem). Oh and another q - which auras r good to use? Im usin arctic armor and anger atm...

I think that you are leveling this build as a close range damager, its a big mistake
You have to be "RANGED TANK"

My advices for leveling:
- do not rush for damage nodes, take life, life regen, block and res first
a lot of res from the tree will allow you to use cheap gear with a lot of life and low res
you need life on each item during leveling
belive me incinerate on stage 3 will give you enought damage
- you shield is your main defence in this build,
you will have about 300% more defence from shield
so use shield with good armour value
- you can buy on poe.trade staff for leveling
and each item will cost you about 1 alch
- its very important to use cybil's from level 37
it gives you a life leech, and high damage if you have good block
I used Cybil's up to level 90 !!!
Only after that I crafted for myself a Sai Dagger
- I leveled with blood magic keystone, without auras
it gives you a LOT of life and free one socket
also you can use elerion rings and amulet (-5..-8 mana cost)
you can be 0 mana cost incenerator
but it will be difficult to have life on gear
- you can use free socket for life leech gem
also you can use Warlord's mark curse, it's gives you life/mana leech and endurence charges
life leech gem + Warlord's mark + Cybil's + 7% life regen = immortality even with low defence
- use unique amulet which gives you 30% to projective speed (look at the leveling section)
and faster projectives gem 30-50% to projective speed
belive me with faster projectives you will have less DPS bus MUCH MORE CLEAR SPEED !!!!!!!
AND
use whirmling blade to stay on distance
be RANGED TANK !!!!!!!!!!!!!
- best aura is Grace, but only after getting Iron reflexes keystone
anger gives you too low damage
AA is good, but life bonus from blood magic keystone is better for me
Level 50 right now but in standard league, I've died because of lag lol, It's a great build 243% IIR without gem and 33% IIQ, I have a question for you warlock, what do you think about Ventor's Gamble with max rolls?

Will you edit your post for the new update? There will be a nerf for incinerate I think? Thx so much for your build, It's my first MF character
Last edited by AeternumExsilium on Nov 25, 2015, 8:48:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info