More Information About the Upcoming One-Month Event

Shrines everywere, Beyond everywere, Invasion bosses everywere?? WHAT!?!?
I don't like the fact that leagues are so short. I suggest that GGG create a challenge league for 4 months, but have the first month contain unqiue challenges and goodies. After this month, the challenge rewards expire and people keep playing on with characters they created. We already have race seasons so a one month challenge league is sort of redundant.

I think league seasons are so short because people can get to level 70 in 2 days with efficient farming. It wouldn't surprise me if GGG is ending seasons after a certain number of characters hit some level threshold like 90 or something.
Nice.

I would've preferred a mixed bag reward for the challenges, but I think the combination of having an armour set + threshold prizes is a good way to go about it too, much like I suggested to have done.

I'm also extremely excited that Invasion is present for nearly half of the league. I look forward to the community's feedback on it and hope that the end result is Invasion gets thrown into the core map affix pool.

Nothing further to add, without knowing the full list of threshold prizes. Good work, and thanks for doing this.

"
Fireknight wrote:
... the trainwreck that is bloodlines that completely ruins party play

What? How?

"
unsane wrote:
To my dismay, you've opted for the rotating mod soup. I can only hope you move on from this pattern one day. All mods for a whole month, please. Or whatever mix you want, for the entire duration.

The reason this won't happen is because players prefer certain league types and if an entire league is say, Bloodlines (sorry, Fire) then you'd effectively segregate a group of players from the entire event.

"
meecrobb wrote:
So now again we have to wait over 1 month before you start the real leagues again? Just because of some stupid 1 month league, that half of the players dont play?

No. The development cycle is typically around 4-5-months. They could have a 1-month league interim, or extend WB/T to 4-months. History shows most people prefer an interim league as they get bored around the 3-month mark. The shorter nature of the this cycle means that they're closer to releasing the next set of challenge leagues than we probably anticipated.

So. Be excited for that. =D

"
Peenk wrote:
Well screw you guys, done with this game and its terrible management. Changing your mind about league length mid way through? Such an amateur company, you should really think before you act.

They never explicitly said how long the leagues would be. The closest they came is that they, personally felt 3 months was short. That does not at all mean it would go longer. You're essentially pissed off at an inference you made rather than information GGG explicitly provided. "Seems short" is not the same as "we'll make them longer."

But as per the above, they are likely closer to launching the next cycle than anticipated AND "seemed" also does not take into account feedback they have since received on league duration. Perhaps there was a vocal majority at the time that indicated 3 months was perfect.

"
AcidDrop88 wrote:
3 months is perfect amount of time. Majority of player base already has quit/stopped playing. Any longer and it would be Path of Boredom. Keeping it fresh is what matters most.

Yep. My guild is at 1/4 capacity right now. I'm one of the absentee players, been on a 3-4 week hiatus until today. And probably going to go on another 2-week hiatus until the one-month.

----------------------------

After some consideration actually I have to agree with others on this thread. Split league challenges (like the red/blue sets) would have been a lot better, rather than the same reward for either league. I enjoyed having to try grab another full set in HC. Although I think modifying the challenges so they aren't just repeats in both leagues would be ideal.

As for the remarks on the Seraph (again) set, I believe this is mostly because it's the easiest type of set to differentiate rather than say, the Infernal set. But I could be wrong. And I hope that the next 1 month is not Seraph, as well.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 17, 2015, 5:08:11 AM
looks a bit disappointing to me, i was looking forward to tempest with warbands and warbands with tempests leagues. i dont care for the older ones, they dont hold any sentimental value to me.

tempests and warbands could be active every day i suppose. put the other ones in a roteation.
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
why no warbands and tempest together?

i want black seraph armor, not gold.

looking forward to it anyways :)

This, A black Seraph Set would be sick.
IGN: Lil_Crimson
"
Random microtransaction prizes given out at various level thresholds (for example, some number of people who reach level 50 would randomly receive stash tab bundles).

This makes it sound as though hitting a certain level break enters people into a drawing. Personally, I'd prefer guaranteed prizes at certain levels. I'd also prefer the challenge leagues to be a full four months.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
holy molly !
11211 never forgetti
"
Monitick wrote:
I don't like the fact that leagues are so short. I suggest that GGG create a challenge league for 4 months, but have the first month contain unqiue challenges and goodies. After this month, the challenge rewards expire and people keep playing on with characters they created. We already have race seasons so a one month challenge league is sort of redundant.

I think league seasons are so short because people can get to level 70 in 2 days with efficient farming. It wouldn't surprise me if GGG is ending seasons after a certain number of characters hit some level threshold like 90 or something.

+1

"
hellg wrote:
I have to say that I am very disappointed by the GGG decision to end tempest league so quickly. I am not a 20-year student anymore, who has a lot of time but does not have money. Situation is actually opposite right now, not so much time and some money. Me and my friends have been actively supporting you GGG, knowing that Tempest will last ~4 month or at least 3 month and a half (actually league is dead not the time it is officially shut down but the time it is announced). So, in a month and a half we were able to achieve only lvl 95 on Tempest and had goal to go to lvl 100, but then you decided to shut down tempest.
Decision is made, and there is nothing I can do about it. What I can do though, is stop playing, because 1-month league is too short for people with full time job to achieve everything they want. So, thank you GGG and goodbye.

+1

Definitely too short for people who have to work and do some challengues. I think I have to give up at least 3 out of 5 challengues I wanted to end... Or even playing only the races left.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Seems OK and that everyone - even the casuals can win something nice.
And please make the challenges not too hard. They can easily become a boring grind.
"
Ryanz_OMFG wrote:
I don't like the idea of both standard, and hardcore leagues having the same reward. There should be a reason to play both to earn the different rewards, otherwise people are just going to roll standard, snag the set pieces and call it a day.

So whats wrong with that. Stop worrying about what other people do...

Hc is a great rush and lots of fun, if you have the time.
I remember the rage, you wouldn't like me, when i get angry!

Now you ppl are goin to make me play HC...i was doing so good at avoiding the allure. THE RUSH IS VERY ADDICTING...

Main problem is HC is for experts in the game..its not noob friendly at all. If i would have started learning in HC i prob would have quit long time ago. Thanks for keeping the prizes the same.

I agree with everyone else the seraph set is lame prize.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info