More Information About the Upcoming One-Month Event

Would like to see Warbands + Tempest active at the same time at some point. Why not make the entire last week Warbands + Tempest + other leagues?
"
AmnEl wrote:
Like some may have already suggested: please split armor prizes into two different colors for SC and HC. (Gold and Black maybe?)
Gives many players like myself a reason to play both... like last time.

Other than that, pretty happy and excited! GG, GGG

a pink one plssss pls pls pls !!!!
/IGN OeilDeNuits /

Warband shop :https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1305164
Put diferent rewards for diferent difficulties please!! The gold armor is fine for both standard and harcore,but put one more reward for the HC,because not everyone can do it and the poeple who an should be rewarded for that.

Like the other race, befeore i had never played HC but the reward was so awesome that i had to try it,i failed some times, but with manage and thinking i got the red set of the armor and it was by far the best mouth for me of poe because it was alot challenging, fun and well rewarded.

"
hellg wrote:
(actually league is dead not the time it is officially shut down but the time it is announced).

Exactly. I have no idea what drives people to play for the next two weeks, but I personally completly lost motivation.

"
hellg wrote:
Decision is made, and there is nothing I can do about it. What I can do though, is stop playing, because 1-month league is too short for people with full time job to achieve everything they want. So, thank you GGG and goodbye.

Quoted for truth!
"
lourun_coria wrote:
"
Monitick wrote:
I don't like the fact that leagues are so short. I suggest that GGG create a challenge league for 4 months, but have the first month contain unqiue challenges and goodies. After this month, the challenge rewards expire and people keep playing on with characters they created. We already have race seasons so a one month challenge league is sort of redundant.

I think league seasons are so short because people can get to level 70 in 2 days with efficient farming. It wouldn't surprise me if GGG is ending seasons after a certain number of characters hit some level threshold like 90 or something.

+1

"
hellg wrote:
I have to say that I am very disappointed by the GGG decision to end tempest league so quickly. I am not a 20-year student anymore, who has a lot of time but does not have money. Situation is actually opposite right now, not so much time and some money. Me and my friends have been actively supporting you GGG, knowing that Tempest will last ~4 month or at least 3 month and a half (actually league is dead not the time it is officially shut down but the time it is announced). So, in a month and a half we were able to achieve only lvl 95 on Tempest and had goal to go to lvl 100, but then you decided to shut down tempest.
Decision is made, and there is nothing I can do about it. What I can do though, is stop playing, because 1-month league is too short for people with full time job to achieve everything they want. So, thank you GGG and goodbye.

+1

Definitely too short for people who have to work and do some challengues. I think I have to give up at least 3 out of 5 challengues I wanted to end... Or even playing only the races left.

Could not agree more. Same situation here. As far as I see it, Warbands was the worst SC league ever (what was the point excatly?) - and yes, I do not count Rampage cause I played Beyond then. Which was my first HC league. In hindsight a ton more fun than Warbands.

I could not care less about new Divination Cards every week when nobody knows for sure, how long challenge leagues will last. Community Manager anyone?

Also +1 to anybody who promoted more life-balance-adjusted start times for European players.

IGN: SpoiledSoCalScion / ShadesOfPrey

Austriae est imperare orbi universo / GMT +1
Yay. Will play Ambush ANYDAY!!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
Monfriez wrote:
"
lourun_coria wrote:
"
Monitick wrote:
I don't like the fact that leagues are so short. I suggest that GGG create a challenge league for 4 months, but have the first month contain unqiue challenges and goodies. After this month, the challenge rewards expire and people keep playing on with characters they created. We already have race seasons so a one month challenge league is sort of redundant.

I think league seasons are so short because people can get to level 70 in 2 days with efficient farming. It wouldn't surprise me if GGG is ending seasons after a certain number of characters hit some level threshold like 90 or something.

+1

"
hellg wrote:
I have to say that I am very disappointed by the GGG decision to end tempest league so quickly. I am not a 20-year student anymore, who has a lot of time but does not have money. Situation is actually opposite right now, not so much time and some money. Me and my friends have been actively supporting you GGG, knowing that Tempest will last ~4 month or at least 3 month and a half (actually league is dead not the time it is officially shut down but the time it is announced). So, in a month and a half we were able to achieve only lvl 95 on Tempest and had goal to go to lvl 100, but then you decided to shut down tempest.

+1

Definitely too short for people who have to work and do some challengues. I think I have to give up at least 3 out of 5 challengues I wanted to end... Or even playing only the races left.

Could not agree more. Same situation here. As far as I see it, Warbands was the worst SC league ever (what was the point excatly?) - and yes, I do not count Rampage cause I played Beyond then. Which was my first HC league. In hindsight a ton more fun than Warbands.

I could not care less about new Divination Cards every week when nobody knows for sure, how long challenge leagues will last. Community Manager anyone?

Also +1 to anybody who promoted more life-balance-adjusted start times for European players.

Totally agree too.

I don't know whats worst: not knowing if leagues are 3 or 5 months (different posts from devs here and on reddit go in wildly different directions) or when suddenly with 2 weeks notice Tempest/Warbands are shut down, effectively killing the leagues right now. I still think 6 months is a much nicer spot for temporary leagues.

I also believe temp leagues should have a set end date when they start - not something that gets decided on the fly, on a whim, which is the case as it seems to me.

Personally I'm not even close to having seen what I want in tempest, and haven't even tried warbands yet, and now im discouraged and have wandered back to hardcore / idling because I know leagues will end, and 1 month is probably to short for me.

I understand you need to cater the 1% WTFhardcore players, but please keep us lowlife casuals in mind too, and strike some kind of middle ground? Run the 1 month alongside tempest/warbands?

Last edited by Lantador on Sep 17, 2015, 1:54:51 PM
"
Monfriez wrote:
Could not agree more. Same situation here. As far as I see it, Warbands was the worst SC league ever (what was the point excatly?) - and yes, I do not count Rampage

I don't see how you can't count Rampage just because you didn't play it.

Beside that though, I disagree. Warbands was a lot of fun. The challenges were annoying but the mechanic itself was a great introduction into the potential of the new AI system, and there was a helluva lot of loot to be had from it, too.

"
Lantador wrote:
Run the 1 month alongside tempest/warbands?

This is the part I don't understand either, to be honest. IIRC that's exactly what they did with Torment/Bloodlines; let the one-month overlap it for a couple weeks.

Not that I have a problem with Warbands/Tempest being over, I thought Tempest was boring as hell other than the vacuum farming business, which was terrible just because of how broken it was, and as much as I enjoyed Warbands I felt it was time to see what the AI potential is really capable of sooner rather than later.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 17, 2015, 2:55:52 PM
I love these events, just like those 1-month leagues where you could get blue and red sets. And now you will be able to get a golden one, awesome. It is a really rewarding system and through these microtransaction sets you can prove that you worked for them and they create a nice memory of these leagues:)
Warbands was awful awful awful awful. It should be removed from existance in every way possible. There was no point to it besides a time sink of crap. There are much more fun time sinks then this.
IGN JimansNotSummoner

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info