More Information About the Upcoming One-Month Event

There would be a pair of simultaneous leagues - one Standard and one Hardcore. You can pick whichever you'd like to play in - they both have the same prizes. Given all the crazy league mods we're discussing adding, it's probably easier to play in the Standard league, but many people enjoy the challenge and competition of the hardcore one.

We're proposing that the event runs from Sunday, October 4 (NZ time) to Tuesday November 3 (NZ time), inclusive. We'll work out the exact timezones and starting dates closer to the event. We're conscious of picking a starting time of day that is good for both Europe and America.

The Warbands and Tempest challenge leagues will end on Friday October 2 (NZ time). This makes their total duration three months.

With regards to the type of event, both the Flashback and Hybrid ideas were very popular with the community. We have opted to go for a Flashback model, but with each week having either Warbands or Tempest on, as those are our most recent challenge leagues.

We've put together the following schedule of league mods for your feedback:

Proposed Schedule of League Mods
  • Day 1-3: Warbands, Invasion, Nemesis and Domination.
  • Day 4-6: Warbands, Anarchy, Bloodlines and Beyond.
  • Day 7-8: All league mods except Tempest.
  • Day 9-11: Tempest, Domination, Nemesis and Beyond.
  • Day 12-13: Tempest, Ambush, Invasion and Torment.
  • Day 14-15: All league mods except Warbands.
  • Day 16-18: Warbands, Anarchy, Nemesis, Invasion and Torment.
  • Day 19-20: Warbands, Rampage, Ambush, Beyond and Onslaught.
  • Day 21-22: All league mods except Tempest.
  • Day 23-25: Tempest, Rampage, Bloodlines, Invasion, Nemesis and Torment.
  • Day 26-27: Tempest, Beyond, Rampage, Ambush, Domination and Onslaught.
  • Day 28-30: All league mods except Warbands.

What the League Mods Do
  • Ambush: Areas contain an additional Strongbox.
  • Anarchy: Areas are inhabited by an additional Rogue Exile.
  • Beyond: Slaying monsters close together can attract monsters from beyond this realm.
  • Bloodlines: Magic monster packs each have a Bloodline mod.
  • Domination: Areas contain an additional Shrine.
  • Invasion: Areas are inhabited by an additional Invasion Boss.
  • Nemesis: Rare monsters each have a Nemesis mod.
  • Onslaught: Monsters have 20% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed.
  • Rampage: Slaying enemies in a kill streak grants Rampage bonuses.
  • Tempest: Wraeclast is battered by magical Tempests.
  • Torment: Areas are inhabited by an additional Tormented Spirit.
  • Warbands: Hostile Warbands fight to control Wraeclast. Warbands-specific items can be found from these Warband members, because part of their implicit behaviour is to drop the special items.

In terms of the structure of how to award prizes, we would like to propose:
  • Golden Seraph Set pieces for completing challenges in the league.
  • Random microtransaction prizes given out at various level thresholds (for example, some number of people who reach level 50 would randomly receive stash tab bundles).
  • Demigod uniques for the top 20 of each of the two events.

The challenges (and their armour set prize) would be the same for both the Hardcore and Standard league. You don't need to play in both events to win all the armour prizes - either is fine. We would like to design the challenges around the various league mods, to encourage people to play at a variety of times (with the ability to complete any of them on the weekends). We expect the challenges to be marginally more difficult to complete than the ones in the Torment/Bloodlines hybrid event earlier this year. They'll still be far easier than the challenges we have typically been using for three-four month leagues though.

So that's the rough plan so far. We plan to clarify exact details closer to the date, but in the meantime, your feedback would be appreciated!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Hannoii wrote:
As someone who has owned the Golden Seraph set pretty much since it was released, is there any chance you could compensate current owners somehow if they earn the set during the challenge leagues? I don't really need a second set.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that the set is a prize, I'd just like to feel like I'm working towards something while playing the league.

The Golden Seraph set hasn't been released before :) It's different to the regular Seraph Set.
"
piotras wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"some number of people (...) would randomly"

"the top 20"

I was considering if it's worth my time to take part, but it looks like you've made the decision for me. Have fun with the league.

Random microtransaction prizes given out at various level thresholds (for example, some number of people who reach level 50 would randomly receive stash tab bundles). The demigods prizes are just for the top 20.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info