More Information About the Upcoming One-Month Event

I really wish you guys would give a proper 2 weeks notice for the start times of events... Some of us have jobs (which I use to make money that I give to GGG), and in a retail or corporate setting 2 weeks notice for schedule changes is pretty standard.

On September 15th GGG announced that it would take place tentatively starting on Oct 4th NZ time (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1425484/page/1 ) this allowed me to not have to worry about my work schedule and now that it's a week out they've moved it forward a day. This puts it at 2PM my time on Friday which means that I either have to mess with my work schedule or miss the first 24 hours of the event. For once they announced something more than 2 weeks out so I could adjust for it if needed, but then they go ahead and change it anyway. Half of their leagues, seasons and long events they don't even give a start date more than 7 days out and now that they did. Now it starts in the middle of the day on Friday in the US which means anyone with a retail job or a 9-5 is already stuck in their schedule.

I'm not complaining about the starting times of events themselves; obviously any time will be inconvenient for some but convenient for others. My frustration is that with proper notice, even the inconvenient times can be worked around for more people. I want to play this game competitively and I don't want to make my manager at work mad. GGG makes this unduly hard sometimes. The fact that they don't take their own events seriously enough to fix a schedule more than a week in advance is a real problem for me.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Last edited by RichMoney on Sep 25, 2015, 1:37:00 AM
I think it would be more nice to have achievements for 1 month but let the league run for 3 months! Otherwise I wont have time to reach lategame as i have studies this month.. which makes it less motivating to play..
I wish leagues were 6 months like in D2. There is so much to grind if you want to get endgame equipment. I've never been able to get all the gear I want on my char in the 3-4 month timespan, despite playing quite a lot. And once my chars are starting to look good I've only got a week or so play.
Don't like standard either, for other reasons.
Anyone knows if there is a quick calendar to see what day of the event is currently on? Cheers!!!
When will the next league start?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info