More Information About the Upcoming One-Month Event

Hi GGG Great Job listening to the community on this topic, Really good to see this kind of interaction.

Overall I think the Plan is great, however I do have a few suggestion

1) As others have suggested it might be an idea to re-jig the Mod Schedule so that there is a Warbands/Tempest overlap on some days. Its a small issue but I think it would be a small step closer to keeping those who wanted a pure Hybrid race a little happier.

2)I really feel that there should a separate versions of the prize for Hardcore and Softcore similar to the Torment/Bloodlines hybrid event. At the start of that event I was a pure softcore Player but I really wanted the Red set so I went and played HC for the first time. It gave me a great incentive to play HC and now I have fuller appreciation of the game and play both HC and SC regularly.

Additionally having to work for a second set of Armor means that many people will spend a great amount of time playing the game.

3 Others have said this too, but its something I agree with. The mods should be maybe a little more crazy. for example in Anarchy instead of one exile give it a chance to spawn 1-5 exiles. Or you could up likelihood of exiles spawning in a zone. For Warbands Maybe make higher tier warbands easier to spawn or have more groups of warbands in a map (etc.)

Obviously things like this are a nightmare for the balance guys but its something that's worth looking into IMO.

4)Some Pre-Emptive feedback on Challenges
-In the last Hybrid event most experienced players could finish the challenges in about 3-4 days. Quicker if they had help from friends.I think you guys should be aiming for a set of challenges that would take a good player about a week to complete and an average player about 8-9 days (Although Keep the level goal at LVL 80, I think that's perfect)
This is enough time for people who die Late-on in HC progression to re-roll and enough time for people to get both the HC and SC set should they exist (See point 2 : Please make this a thing :P)

So there's my Input. Overall I think the Idea is great and its clear you've been paying close attention to the community.

Many thanks
"
Crusa187 wrote:
Also, disappointed the current challenge leagues are not lasting a full 3 months. Personally, I would prefer at least 4. Tempest has been the most fun HC league since Nemesis in my opinion.

I understand that some players experienced burnout because they nolifed it during the beta, but am concerned that this is setting a bad precedent for extended challenge leagues.

Yup. 3 months is way too short for me.

I think playing ~20 hours a week on average gives you a shot at 4-6 challenges in a 4-month league.
In a 3-month league it's probably closer to 1-2.

EDIT: I mean mostly solo, with some guild help.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Sep 16, 2015, 5:22:07 AM
The last 3 days could be just "All league mods". That would make for an awesome finale.
Sad that the leagues have to end for this. They were to short and people like me who dont have interest in an even shorter one month league will now go on break with this game.

What should you acomplish in that one month? And didnt GGG told us they would make the leagues longer?

Really really sad and disapointed that my beloved charackter is gone in two weeks. Hoped at least for a 4 month league.
"
Tyoll wrote:

3 Others have said this too, but its something I agree with. The mods should be maybe a little more crazy. for example in Anarchy instead of one exile give it a chance to spawn 1-5 exiles. Or you could up likelihood of exiles spawning in a zone. For Warbands Maybe make higher tier warbands easier to spawn or have more groups of warbands in a map (etc.)
s

+1 to this.

I also realise it might be difficult to balance but perhaps make it closer to Zana Map mods? Or at least 1/2 of her mods
The league sounds very cool, though I wish the Seraph set was black... You mentioned you had one knocking around in a storage cupboard somewhere, right? WTB!

Also +1 for being a little disappointed about the leagues ending at 3-months. I hope you guys took notes on the "evolving leagues" idea from Reddit so more people stick around towards the end.

But hey, I'm in for the 1-month. Love the mods.
I personally preferred different rewards for SC and HC leagues event... this time everyone will go into SC because it's not worth going for HC league since the reward is all the same... Well still I'll participate but I like the difference to be had in events... accomplishing this Set in HC had to be:

- first more rewarding;
- second different;

In the end great events but still you must think about making the difference.
Guild leader of Apotheosis for more information about the guild:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/900355
very cool, although it would be even crazier if the different league mods make the areas contain not only 1 additional whatever, but 10 :D that would be pure chaos and so freakin funny.
I really like the idea of this one month event in general but i really don't like that hardcore and standard have the same prizes. in my opinion, there should be different prizes for the leagues just like it was with the red and the blue seraph armor set from last one month race.

also it was a pretty nice incentive for softcore players to give hardcore a try.

After reading all the comments so far, i can agree with the majority
- please start on saturday (or maybe even friday) eu time
- i like the idea of having the golden seraph mtx for softcore and maybe a green or the ebondy one for hardcore

please give us different prizes. there should be some kind of reward for playing stuff like all mods weekends on hardcore.
Last edited by ToxDwarf on Sep 16, 2015, 6:01:59 AM
Proposed Schedule of League Mods
Day 1-3: Warbands, Invasion, Nemesis and Domination.
Day 4-6: Warbands, Anarchy, Bloodlines and Beyond.
Day 7-8: All league mods except Tempest.
Day 9-11: Tempest, Domination, Nemesis and Beyond.
Day 12-13: Tempest, Ambush, Invasion and Torment.
Day 14-15: All league mods except Warbands.
Day 16-18: Warbands, Anarchy, Nemesis, Invasion and Torment.
Day 19-20: Warbands, Rampage, Ambush, Beyond and Onslaught.
Day 21-22: All league mods except Tempest.
Day 23-25: Tempest, Rampage, Bloodlines, Invasion, Nemesis and Torment.
Day 26-27: Tempest, Beyond, Rampage, Ambush, Domination and Onslaught.
Day 28-30: All league mods except Warbands.

I would say why wait 7 days for craziness? All the 16hr+ a day players would be L80+ by then.

I would like:

Normal: 3-4 mods
Cruel: 5-9 mods
Merc: 7-12 mods

Rotate the numbers and mods every 15-30mins.

Really challenge the racers by making them think is it worth pushing levels at the moment or should I wait here for a while and farm xp in this act? Risk vs Reward vs Death.

Make a unique colour armour for this temp league. eg. Black with red accents. People will buy other items like wings to go with it. I know I did last time.

If you really want to Hype it up and make a success of it:

Throw in the Kreygasms and make it exciting and challenging.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info