Act 4: evasion sucks

Haven't finished reading this post but want to be able to find it again. Now it will show up in recent post. (sorry off topic but subscribe button?)
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Re-read the "linked" and, please, google what entropy-based system is.

I might be a bit off-topic here but googling it doesn't seem to turn up any useful results that will help me in my understanding. So explain what you mean.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
It would be nice to get some statistics on the percentage of Eva vs Armor vs Other (I'm a newb so I don't know what else to put in here) of the top 200 or 500 of the ladder(s).

One thing I really like about PoE, is that to get to 100, both softcore and hardcore become the same thing; neither can afford deaths. So both statistics are relevant to our discussion.
"
It would be nice to get some statistics on the percentage of Eva vs Armor vs Other.

I'd love to see some charts on this too once the leagues end, but it's tricky to quantify. Like, evasion versus armour doesn't tell us much because very few builds go pure one way or the other. I'd like to know percentage of Acro, IR (how many, if any, IR builds went pure evasion gear), CI, life builds without Acro or IR, most used chests, how many players went with with mana sustain versus Blood Magic/Soul Taker/zero mana with Elreon accessories + Reduced Mana (Cost of Skills)...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I agree that evasion is extremely bad. It cannot help you at all against physical area damage. There is simply no way to alleviate this issue. Granite flasks can help but that armor will fall off later on.

I honestly think they should just reduce all physical damage of mobs in act 4. Torchoak Grove (and its saplings) is the most annoying boss in the game, in my opinion.
Well, armour cannot help you at all against elemental damage, while evasion / acro / phase acro can. All has its benefits and downsides.

Pro tip to one of the posters in this thread: If you want people to understand you, do not use words that you have to explain first. Also, not everyone here is a native speaker, keep that in mind.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Jennik wrote:
If you view the world through eyes that expect to find persecution at every turn, it should come as no surprise when you find it there. This does not mean you are actually being persecuted, though. It just means you're creating your own tiny world of delusion.

To get the full effect, imagine Vorici reciting this lecture to you after every failed quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8sTlXD0DV0
Evasion, frankly, sucks balls in 2.0. Stop being naive.

Enemy damage is now way too high and leech has been nerfed. Acro remains nerfed, and now Ondar's has been nerfed.

If you are not a) playing DOT "hit-and-run", or b) have insanely high DPS - then you WILL NOT last on end-game content with EV.

And when I say end-game content I'm not talking about shitty level 74 maps FFS.

The really funny thing about this game is that a smart AR character that uses Blind (I.E Bringer of Rain) and will end up with equal, if not more, EV % chance than regular EV builds. From 5% to ~50% EV chance just like that. Hmm, an AR build gets more benefit from Blind than an EV build because of how it scales? Strange. The AR character then has:

- similar EV % to EV build without needing any EV items
- high armor
- way more life
- way more ECs (i.e. for more mitigation, and Immortal Call)
- better mitigation tools: Molten Shell, Arctic Armor, and IR to abuse Grace aura and Jade flask
- can add block if he needs
- can also use Taste of Hate which will work better for his armor

Meanwhile you are running around with your little EV character on 4K life, trying to survive with "hit-and-run", praying your entropy doesn't fk you over for a one-shot.

And this is balanced to some people?

k.

You are happy with shitty EV uniques like Atziri Mirror and other crap GGG gives EV like Bronn's Lithe/Rat Cage/Queen, while the AR guys enjoy their Aegis, Lioneye's Remorse, Kaom's, Belly Beasts, and get FULL benefit from IR uniques like BofR, Daresso Defiance, and LC?

k.

Useless EV wheel on Scion that has remained crap and untouched for 3 years? While the AR guys cruise to their nice life wheel and the CI guys get their ES wheel?

k.

Now nearing the end of 2015, still no unique jade flask? Ok. Doesn't seem to bother the EV guys - in fact they seem happy that GGG has made two unique granite flasks for AR, and nothing for EV.

Ah, IR. Take a look at these infographics:

One Week Nemesis Race Jan'14: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/756552
Most popular keystone? Yes, IRON REFLEXES. Nearly twice as popular as the 2nd most popular keystone RT.

Two Week Race May'14: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/937310
Most popular keystone? That's right, IRON REFLEXES. Followed by RT.

One Month Race Jul'14: http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public/chris/AugustInfographic.jpg
Most popular keystone? IRON REFLEXES. Eldritch Battery more popular in Standard.

I doubt you will see any more of these nice infographics because it will show that IR is STILL the most popular node and GGG's balancing is a joke.

Here is the last one from Jul'14:

IR still blasting and cruising all these years. GGG goes ahead and nerfs Ondar's, nerfs Acro, and nerfs EB+MOM/Cloak of Defiance??

Meanwhile: IR untouched. AND Armor formula BUFFED.

And here we are in this thread .. people still saying game is balanced and EV is "strong".

I'm sure the smart AR guys are just laughing at y'all.
Returning player here after almost a year break...been back for about 2 weeks.

My fave char is a TS EV ranger, mainly because of fast movement speed.

Reason I initially left was because of desync and well, I'd done almost everything except uber atziri (self found, could never find all four frags) and 79 maps (as they existed back then).

Hallelujah desync is fixed, but I am struggling due to the ondar's nerf and change to reduced mana gem. As self found, best EV I can get so far is 49% and 5.1K HP. Prior to break, I used to rely on reduced mana to run grace to pump that up to 60% but now I cannot run it and Hatred together. Losing Hatred smacks my DPS so much that it actually makes my survivability worse even with Grace because Boss stays alive longer.

The issue is that every 10 or so high level (77/78 - dont have any 79s yet and the 80s I have are excavation which looks like suicide) a boss one shot attack will sneak thru due to entropy (I assume) and my XP is smacked back down. So I'm stuck at Lvl 94 and it seems the only option I have is to turn her into an MFer (yuck) or abandon my fave char since I cannot progress them any further. Which would be a shame.

Trying hard for a solution (that doesnt involve running thousands of low lvl maps or low quant high lvl maps) but without much success so far.

"
Ceryneian wrote:

I'm sure the smart AR guys are just laughing at y'all.
Aye

We have weapons that contains Mods such as "hits cant be evaded", As well as RT passive node which ignores evades.

If all that is fine.
I'll like GGG to give us a Mod/nodes that ignore/bypass Armor rating.
Last edited by Darkkrows on Sep 17, 2015, 8:28:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info