where do i get this "on probation" supporter tag from?

I had the "on probation" supporter tag once,but as all things POE,it became far too much grind and hoop jumping for me to keep chasing the carrot.

=P
"
vio wrote:
i think forum support is one of the few jobs where the more you do your job, the less you have to do afterwards.

tempting...

On the other hand, the less you do your job, the less you are doing to begin with. And less is sometimes more.

Confusing...
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 2, 2015, 4:47:42 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
[Removed by Support]

i can swear all i want , i can be brazen all i want , which many here can gleefully attest too.
but stay the hell away from putting those two together (or anything similar) or the unholy gods of GGG moding will mercilessly strike you down

I gotta say getting hit with a 1 week was shocking to me.

looks like rachel likes you ;) and vaaled your supporter titles ;)

yeah i didnt laugh either....

but i think this recent little kerfuffle illustrates a point. there are black listed words (out side the obvious racial slurs and the like) on these forums now. you say them and it is almost and auto probation, regardless of intent and regardless of context you will get put on probation. and I believe that is a rather sad reality.

you could say I was ultimately right in the end.

for those of you who missed what i said the removed part of the post was about recalling a probation i got for saying a certain phrase in the same sentence (now post) as a certain league.
nothing more , nothing less. and they put me on probation for it.

that is all that need be said about this so called "title"
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 2, 2015, 7:27:57 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
[Removed by Support]

i can swear all i want , i can be brazen all i want , which many here can gleefully attest too.
but stay the hell away from putting those two together (or anything similar) or the unholy gods of GGG moding will mercilessly strike you down

I gotta say getting hit with a 1 week was shocking to me.

looks like rachel likes you ;) and vaaled your supporter titles ;)

yeah i didnt laugh either....

but i think this recent little kerfuffle illustrates a point. there are black listed words on these forums now. you say them and it is almost and auto probation, regardless of intent and regardless of context you will get put on probation. and I believe that is a rather sad reality.

you could say I was ultimately right in the end.

The problem is, this means they are focusing on the form and missing the essence. It is possible to write nasty, malicious posts if one sticks to the "civil" form, and posts which are essentially harmless get probated.

GGG should take lessons from the British in polite unpleasantness.

I understand they are trying to introduce some type of standardization to make moderation a simpler process, but the fact of the matter is, moderation isn't and shouldn't be simple. If moderation simplifies and generalizes and does not judge each post on its own merit, it's not good moderation. It should be like a precise and delicate instrument, not a bludgeon.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 2, 2015, 7:30:08 AM
very much so, Looking for key words is fine, but using those key words alone as a reason to take action is not. Ultimately I had this recent issue resolved in a civil manner. However again use this as a tail of caution.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 2, 2015, 7:31:17 AM
It's fairly easy.

1) utilize sarcasm, a big portion of the world doesn't utilize sarcasm or doesn't understand it when it's clear to people that do given the context it is utilized in.

Forum moderators seemingly do not.

2) make an objective observation based on the fact's presented in a thread.

Forum moderators are sure to address the issue in a subjective mater and send you on a week-time-out since your being hostile instead of simply assessing the situation.

These two have granted me a combined of five probation's in my three years on these forums all of which dazzled me and where moronic in their own right.

I remember my first one, a thread about Charans sword, calling it a shit item and a waste of $$$.

I entered the thread and i wrote something like

"yeah wtf charan, how dare you make a sword with a niche application, what a waste of cash man you could have made something truly unique!"

After which i forgot to add the apparently required /ENDSARCASMIMJUSTJOKINGMODS

Which got me on a probation. Contacted Charan at the time though and he clearly understood my underlying intent, so all was good for me.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Out of curiosity, CJD, have you been probated? :D

More times than most. As I said, my last one was for a month. I suspect the next will be at least double that so I'm treading...relatively lightly.

The pun!? I was so proud of my pun, I know, lowest form of humor and all.

Wb boem
"
It's called a greengrocer's apostrophe, fyi.

lol dying
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
very much so, Looking for key words is fine, but using those key words alone as a reason to take action is not. Ultimately I had this recent issue resolved in a civil manner. However again use this as a tail of caution.

A tail of caution you say?

not going to even change it to "tale" , the kitteh was worth it
"
"
Boem wrote:

fact's

probation's

Peace,

-Boem-

Would you please stop using up all the extra apostrophes, it's not polite

Word,

-BMBI1-

Well, thank you for making these eyesores stand out even more. Why don't you crop all of Boem's butcheries of the English language for even more triggering.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info