where do i get this "on probation" supporter tag from?

"
vio wrote:
there are things you can't buy with money but have to earn them.

on a related note:
i noticed that the forum activity got alot less. not sure if that's a good thing.

High game activity + problems leads to less game activity and high forum activity.

The forum activity will then fall off as the developers 'address' the concerns.

The population can go either way, back to game or to other games.

Whichever way they went, the forum will show a large drop off in activity compared to the recent increase it had.

If you want to know which way those people went, just hit any of those league ladders and play spot the green light.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 30, 2015, 4:42:52 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
High game activity + problems leads to less game activity and high forum activity.

true that. especially since game help and bug reports are pretty busy.

"
There have been some reversed probations lately.

yeah, i'm sure one can discuss with them to make things clear.

but the real intention behind probations aren't clear to me:

most players have alternate accounts since it's the best way for trading (you don't have to leave your map to trade) and in my case, i let my nephew grind orbs for me on school holidays without him being able to break things on my main account (hope that's not against the terms and gets me a probation :).

i would always use the other account(s) to post if probated.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 30, 2015, 5:02:23 PM
"
vio wrote:
i let my nephew grind orbs for me on school holidays without him being able to break things on my main account (hope that's not against the terms and gets me a probation :)

That's clever use of relative mechanics.
Meh if you want the probation tag its really easy.
Just say something that somewhat sounds misogynistic but isn't. Or go full throttle on it.

Rachel will be all over you.

Hell i have even seen someone get modded due to saying maid in funny context.
The "Banned" supporter tag is even better.

Kidding...
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
I'm going to RMT the lowest possible currency item a mirror and give it to a random person in Lioneye's Watch the day I decide to quit PoE, and then tell Chris directly.

Just to complete my collection of titles.

Spoiler
Just my luck I'd pick some scam site that steals my credit card details and shit though. Karma's a bitch and then you get banned.

wow, this made me lol

Although, is it possible to have the "banned" tag and the "on probation" tag at the same time?
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
vio wrote:
there are things you can't buy with money but have to earn them.

on a related note:
i noticed that the forum activity got alot less. not sure if that's a good thing.

Of course it'll be a lot less. The moderation rules are totalitarian but, unlike totalitarian countries, people are free to leave. No one wants to eat a probation for the stupidest reason and get their trading disabled for one week.

"
cynischism wrote:
I honestly don't know how people get put on probation so often.

As long as you don't do personal attacks against people or a group of people, it's pretty hard to get put on the list (conspiracies targeting specific forum posters aside)

It doesn't have to be often. I received one week because I used a word perceived by the moderators as "bad" although it's not actually bad. I was baffled. It was a friendly post in a calm and civil discussion, no one was offended intentionally or unintentionally, BAM! - one week trade disabled.

Of course I'm going to think "fuck that shit, I'm out of here". I post from time to time now but it's not the same knowing you have to watch every word you're typing for fear of hurting an imaginary person's extremely frail feelings.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 1, 2015, 2:02:49 AM
I received a 30 min probation once for being the target of someone's homophobia.

Still not quite sure how the fuck that happened, in more ways than one.
Casually casual.

"
cynischism wrote:
I honestly don't know how people get put on probation so often.

i once had the theorie that some of those, once probated, somehow establish some kind of a relationship with their castigator?

looke like the poe forum is just another game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 1, 2015, 8:12:48 AM
I love to see a certain amount of idiot posters removed.
Forum is cleaner as ever before.

We did not need members with 20k posts, half of em just TLDR or LTP junk posts.

So glad we got rid of those.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info