[Petition] PoE Needs an in game Auction House.

"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
Poe is based on the trade interaction and always has been, why would you want to take that away...

Definition of trade interaction in PoE:

Copy paste preload sentence on poetrade.
Send it to seller.
Seller will send you a paste of a sentence like " Hi ok my hideout please "
Buyer will say t4t
Seller will say t4t

Yup ... 2015 interactions between people on internet tend to use a lot the ctrl + C ctrl + V
Is that a typical interaction? I wouldn't argue it isn't. But it is decidedly not definitive. Players have the option to interact in more dynamic ways, and often do.

Now do not get me wrong - I am, generally, for increasing automation in trading. I see no benefit it making things tedious for the sake of making them tedious, and I feel the people who do see benefit in it have nothing but superstition and fear over the whole D3 AH debacle instead of actually reasoning it out.

But when a potential automation stifles a player's ability to communicate dynamically, that is where I raise my eyebrows. I don't mean to require dynamic communication, I have nothing against the copypasta conversation of yours being a common occurrence. But when that level of non-interaction is forced on players, rather than chosen by them, that deserves some worry.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 23, 2015, 10:39:04 AM
"
GGG may improve trading via the forum

That wouldn't be an improvement in this case. It would be just following the same way many players already dislike for years.

"
Is that a typical interaction? I wouldn't argue it isn't. But it is decidedly not definitive. Players have the option to interact in more dynamic ways, and often do.

I'm at 70/90 trades per days so yeah i can confirm that's a typical interaction.
The only thing i don't want to maths is the time i feel i wasted this way in two years i think it would make me really not happy and probably after uninstalling just sort this game in the sanctuary of dead free to play.

AH doesn't mean removing interactions fully. You can let the choice for an haggle options like in Tera :)

End note for the safety of this thread: Stop refering only to d3 when talking about AH. they havn't invented AH concept they used it in a bad way. That's it.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Aug 23, 2015, 10:42:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmKcEkzSo0k&t=23m38s

In this podcast Chris clearly states we will not be getting a click/buy AH.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
holyflood wrote:
I just think its a great idea. Nothing else to say about it really.

Pretty much this .
Are there any other arguments against an AH beside "meeeehh, look at D3" ?
"
Blackjak wrote:
Are there any other arguments against an AH beside "meeeehh, look at D3" ?

yes this would make scaming new players much harder.
"
roetetoet wrote:
Here we go,again....

Keep your auction house far way as there is nothing wrong with the current system. I get any item I want and on top of that I interact with total strangers and have a blast communicating with them.

If you can not understand the current system, which is piss easy as it is than it says more about you than the need for an auction house. Poe is based on the trade interaction and always has been, why would you want to take that away... Unless your serious anti social, casual or cba to figer the current trade system.

The spam in the trade channels is meh, but I never join them or even read them. You do not need any of those channels. Using poe.trade, your forum shop and procurement you can sell or buy anything. Ofcourse of cba to set it up than obvious the current system is non existent.

No need for ah, adjust instead

My thoughts exactly. Even without poe.trade it's as simple as make a pub party "wtb whatever item" and play as usual, someone will eventually join and you get what you need. IMO there are already enough options to easily get what you need.

I blame it on Generation Y & Z...should just lump them together and call it the "I want it now" generation. Expecting things without putting any work in. People just want it too easy, if you're not willing/able to put the time and effort into doing the things necessary to get what you "need" then you don't deserve to get it. Learning to properly use the tools available to you is part of that...even if some of those tools are 3rd party.

That being said, the trade system does need an upgrade but I'm not knowledgeable or clever enough to give any kind of suggestion as to what that should be. I typically play self found and do very little trading, but when I do I haven't had any issues getting what I need what-so-ever. And about 98% of those transactions were pleasant interactions. Sure I've come across the scammer here and there but this game requires you to pay attention and use your brain, if you don't it's very unforgiving as it should be. If you're not paying attention and get scammed it's only your own fault for not doing the research required and you have nobody to blame but yourself. Period.

Hilldrakes trading post solution is by far the best option I've seen anyone come up with. I would gladly take that over an AH anyday. Kudos to you Hilldrake for the video explanation for us visual thinkers. :)

My 2c fwiw. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Talking about scam in a competitive market all members follow the same rules and start with the same tools wich is not the case cause of existence of third party in path of exile and not an integrated system.

That beeing said the biggest scam in this game is the game itself by not displaying those tools ( since trade are 90% reliable to them ) directly and officialy.

Now i just helped a guy yesterday level 80 new player who was asking what was poe.trade.
When this is happening you now what i think about PoE ? Trust me you don't want.
Last edited by Heli0nix on Aug 23, 2015, 3:49:47 PM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Now i just helped a guy yesterday level 80 new player who was asking what was poe.trade.

That goes back to what I was saying about doing your research. It's only his own fault for not asking around. Day 1 of playing I asked about trading and how a majority of the items are priced while I was in town and was directed to poe.xyz. There are many helpful players out there who don't mind helping new players...I know cause I was in quite a few guilds directly made to help teach new players the game mechanics. I can't feel sorry for someone playing the game with blinders on. Do your homework or fail. Everything you need is at your fingertips if you choose to look for it.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
That goes back to what I was saying about doing your research. It's only his own fault for not asking around.

You got to kidding me ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info