[Petition] PoE Needs an in game Auction House.

"
I'm all for it! IF there is an optional league without one. :)

Well since using it will be completely optional, you'll get exactly what you're asking for.
I would love it, even posted an idea of it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1404477

Hopefully devs will create AH this year, it's not much work, making AH for a web application takes me max a week + additonal days for a security development. It's easy to develop.
Last edited by Slaughtererr on Aug 22, 2015, 5:10:38 PM
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
"

Well since using it will be completely optional, you'll get exactly what you're asking for.

Nope. Game will be altered to accommodate, just as D3 was.
"
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
"

Nope. Game will be altered to accommodate, just as D3 was.

How will the game be altered? People are doing virtually the same thing with poe.trade. What is the difference other than it being facilitated by GGG?
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:

How will the game be altered? People are doing virtually the same thing with poe.trade. What is the difference other than it being facilitated by GGG?

The difference is that instead of a small base of users (and bots/flippers), suddenly there's millions.

This leads to an even more lopsided situation of have's and have-not's and a game in need of power creep to balance against the have's.

What seems like good times would eventually become exactly the opposite.

On top of all of that, one of the main cornerstone mission statements from GGG has always been that PoE will NEVER have an auction house. So, there's that little bit to consider also...
"
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:

The difference is that instead of a small base of users (and bots/flippers), suddenly there's millions.

This leads to an even more lopsided situation of have's and have-not's and a game in need of power creep to balance against the have's.

What seems like good times would eventually become exactly the opposite.

On top of all of that, one of the main cornerstone mission statements from GGG has always been that PoE will NEVER have an auction house. So, there's that little bit to consider also...

Well I would respectfully disagree, but thank you for explaining yourself better. Ultimately its not going to affect me much, but I would like to see fewer people scammed out of their items.
Scamming and being scammed isn't my cup of tea either. But I think that it's one of the intended possibilities in the wild land of Wraeclast. From my perspective, it has always seemed that GGG has wanted it to be that way.

PoE doesn't need one. Third parties filled in the gaps.

And unless some form of asynchronous trading became a reality as a result of an in-game trade system, I wouldn't consider such a thing to be worth the effort.

Asynchronous trading (with optional haggling) would be sweet, however.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
The game already has an AH, an unofficial one. Is amateurish (not the third party AH, the fact that the game relies on it) and even GGG employees use it, sad. Ignoring it is not going to make it away.

And AH are despised because emotionally loaded reasons (because wrong perception and attribution of cause > effect usually), no rational arguments given ever. AH or any other marketplace with one different or an other, but the current 'trade chat' is not a proper market place to make exchanges happen, period.

We need asynchronous trading and price matching made possible in-game and officially, we need efficient transfer of information and prices, etc. and we absolutely don't need third party sites or forums as venues for trading, specially is you can use crawlers and automation to gain an advantage on them (yes, you can kill ask or bid bots in AH if you properly design it; damn it doesn't even need to be an AH like the one in D3 anyway).

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
PoE doesn't need one. Third parties filled in the gaps.

Relaying on third parties to cover a necessity of your product is STUPID (with caps, yes) from business and operations PoV. There is so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to start...

The fact is if poe.trade went away tomorrow a large part of the player base would be gone with it.
Last edited by knac84 on Aug 22, 2015, 8:41:45 PM
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
"

The exact same (and so so wrong) argument was made for the D3 AH, gold or real money. And it's just wrong. Everytime you add a feature linked to the economy, you alter the game for everyone, even if some players aren't using it. An automated AH is _not_ a small feature, and definitely VERY different from poe.trade. It's a feature that fundamentally impacts the economy, and would definitely accentuate the gap between the top 0.1% items and the 99.99% (now worthless).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info